UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Qashqai Knowledge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

'08 Tekna headlight ... (again ... sorry)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Philco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: '08 Tekna headlight ... (again ... sorry)
    Posted: 27áDecá2013 at 11:01am
Hello,

I've got a problem with the nearside/passenger side of my '08 Tekna auto. I've read the various forums and sometimes I think ah, that's OK, I can sort that out and then I think oh shxt, that's not good!! lol

As I look at the light unit from the front the main beam bulb on the left (the bulb looks about the size of the top half a my little finger) is working fine. To the right and slightly above the main beam is the bulb that looks like a very small bucket on legs. This bulb has an orangey glow to it but doesn't light up and give what I guess is the dip beam.

I've had a look behind and I can see a round cover about 4 inches (10cm) in diameter. The chances of me getting this off in situ look .... pretty slim! In fact having read the posts of others I can't really see how to get to it at all ... unless I do the releasing of the bumper etc.

Pse can somebody confirm that

it is the dip beam that has gone
what the replacement bulb is ... eg H7 or HID ... 35w ??w
or something else even
and whether it can actually be got at without removing the unit.

Any advice mucho appreciated.

Tks vm.

Phil
Phil
March '09 1.5dci manual Acenta
Jan '09 2.0 Petrol auto Acenta
Sep '08 2.0 dci auto 4wd teckna.
gadget View Drop Down
Drop in and Say Hello Moderator
Drop in and Say Hello Moderator
Inspector

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gadget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30áDecá2013 at 4:56pm
I'm not quite following your "descriptions" but on my 07 I have two lights in each headlamp.
The inner nearest the grill is the High Beam, the outer nearest the wing is dip beam.
They are both H7 bulbs.

They can be got at from under the bonnet - the passenger side is harder, but just about do-able.
The round cover you describe is just the rubber covering the bulb housing - it pulls off.
The bulb holder should be turned anti clockwise to release it.

Its a pig of a job, and you'll probably scrape your knuckles, cuss a lot, but it can be done!!
2007 Acenta 1.5dci in Black with Panoramic Sunroof. Connect System. Boot & Door Sill Plates. Removable Towbar.
PaulJ View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30áDecá2013 at 8:04pm
On my facelift 2010 Tekna model my main dipped beam are HID Xenon lights, not sure if the pre-facelift Tekna is the same, hopefully someone here can advise.
2010 Qashqai+2, 2.0dci 4WD Auto, Tekna, Pearl Black
VovaTuf View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VovaTuf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30áDecá2013 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by Philco Philco wrote:

Any advice mucho appreciated.
There are photos for lamp replacement. I put them here:

Edited by VovaTuf - 30áDecá2013 at 8:10pm
Fired iron Cat(Qashqai) 2008 Navi-Pack 2.0l petrol 4WD CVT
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic