FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

1.2 DIG-T XTRONIC TEKNA one month old

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1.2 DIG-T XTRONIC TEKNA one month old
    Posted: 03 Dec 2014 at 10:02am
OK - my baby is now one month old and has done just over 900 miles.  Basically I am lovin' it Tongue but I guess I should write a bit more...................

PROBLEMS
Let's get these out of the way first - all negligible to my mind, but if I didn't mention them you would think it was a whitewash because as we all know I was bribed with a Paris freebie weekend to say nothing bad Wink.
  • yes the front windows don't wipe themselves completely (I can live with that)
  • yes the inner door panel moves about 2mm when the front windows go up and down (could even be a design feature to close the gap tight?)
  • yes the driver's side wiper sometimes leaves a streak (Bosch wiper blades are here and I will fit them this weekend)
  • once in all that time the audio switched itself off (so I switched it back on) but the satnav stayed on.
So far nothing else - no bleeper malfunctions - no lag - no CVT issues - nothing else that anyone has reported, but to be honest I don't go looking for problems.

DISSAPOINTMENTS
I guess the only big one is the fuel consumption.  It could be too soon to do a fair average comparison but QQs1 to 3 were spot on the manufacturer's combined of 34mpg whereas (using a similar mix of my typical driving) QQ4 shows an average of 32mpg with a best of 42mpg.  Only time will tell but I expected better.  I miss autolocking and although you can do it manually, the teeny weeny switch (and some others) are unlit.  Surely if this is a safety feature you should be able to see it in the dark?

BRUSHING ALL THAT ASIDE THOUGH..................

OVERVIEW
Wow Tongue.
From the fab colour through the butch styling to the tech-laden, upmarket comfortable interior, it beats all previous Qashqais hands down.  When I had the hump over my bodged order and in a hissy fit stomped off to check out the competition I found the only ones I fancied were less car for more money, so I am so glad I stayed loyal.  Take a look and show me something else that matches.  For crying out loud, QQ4 cost about the same as QQ3 but look at all the extra toys I got ...!!! Tongue.

ENGINE
Anyone doubting (as I did) that a baby 1.2 could haul such a beast, please take a test drive.  Last weekend was a family wedding in the Cotswolds which involved a lot of steep hills with tight bends on them, meaning you needed to keep the momentum going - a good test - which she passed with flying colours.  Motorway cruising or poodling around town, it is smooth, quiet and a joy to drive.

GEARBOX
As my fans will know, my 30 years of changing gear ceased about 16 years back from then it's auto boxes all the way (blimey I feel really old now) Cry.  I love the CVT boxes, with their ability to manual shift if you want to - and here is the main difference with the 2014 CVT - it no longer seems to 'brake' when you lift off the gas i.e. when going downhill.  So in this respect it is more like a regular auto.  Jatco (who make them) told us in Paris (ooh la la) that they have tweaked the software in response to driver feedback.  I seem to recall someone here saying they didn't. like that feature, so maybe it was only me who did.  The kickdown and acceleration are fine and you always have the manual option to slow you down - or even the brakes.

INSIDE
Thank you NASA - comfy seats - even the step-mother-in-law commented on how comfortable the ride was at the weekend.  Everything you need is clearly and correctly laid out.  The technology (as long as you don't mind the bleeps - and I am trying not to turn them off) is very impressive.  The look and feel of the interior is very much more shiny and upmarket too.  The display between the dials is more comprehensive and more logical than before.  The satnav seems to combine the original 2007 superior graphics with the 2013 brain - nice combo.  I thought the view was too distant but noticed a couple of times that it auto zooms in at complex junctions and then out again. Geek

Running out of gushing praise now.  I will do an update some time and promise to mention anything that goes wrong, but if anyone has got any questions, feel free to ask away. Big smile  

QQ5 (YES 5...!!) 2017 Vivid Blue DIG-T 115 X-Tronic Tekna+
..QQ.. View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ..QQ.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2014 at 5:17pm
thanks for the update. there has been some good reports of the 1.2 engine. i was a bit surprised at your mpg as this is around what my 2ltr gets around town i thought you would be getting much better
2012 QQ+2 flame red N-tec+ 2.0 petrol, CVT, 4wd mudflaps,auto mirror kit
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2014 at 5:21pm
Me too
..QQ.. View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ..QQ.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2014 at 5:43pm
http://www.carbuyer.co.uk/reviews/nissan/qashqai/hatchback/12-dig_t-tekna-xtronic-cvt_7383265/review

this shows 50mpg. perhaps yours will improve
2012 QQ+2 flame red N-tec+ 2.0 petrol, CVT, 4wd mudflaps,auto mirror kit
A9 BNL View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A9 BNL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2014 at 9:45pm
It's a big car so in some ways it probably won't get much into the forties unless it's all motorway cruising at just the correct speed which I have found to be 70mph.
I am currently displaying 35.3mpg on the on board computer during my commute.
I am at the moment testing out a tuning box from Bluespark Automotive, it's supposed to achieve between 10 - 15% better fuel economy, that's if I don't have a heavy right foot since torque is up to 225Nm and power at 127ps as per the default setting.
1.2 DIG-T Tekna in Gun Metal Grey
duncho View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duncho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2014 at 8:06am
Originally posted by A9 BNL A9 BNL wrote:

It's a big car so in some ways it probably won't get much into the forties unless it's all motorway cruising at just the correct speed which I have found to be 70mph.
I am at the moment testing out a tuning box from Bluespark Automotive, it's supposed to achieve between 10 - 15% better fuel economy, that's if I don't have a heavy right foot since torque is up to 225Nm and power at 127ps as per the default setting.

It won't help you unless you get proper ECU remap :) All these little boxes do is just change of throtle curve.
jonceebee View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonceebee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2014 at 9:22am
Nice report G5Boy and good to hear no problems with the auto box, it will be interesting to see if the problems only relate to the oil burners.
Regarding the engine, superb acceleration, smooth and so quiet, what more could you ask. Much quicker than my previous 1.2T Yeti and with more torque and would add it seems to have more go than my earlier 1.8 Prius
New Qashqai 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White.Chrome front lip finisher,Chrome Side Sills, Chrome Glass Finisher,Chrome Lower Trunk Finisher,White Side Mouldings,WhiteAlloyGaytors,Cross Over Pack,Deflectors
A9 BNL View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A9 BNL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2014 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by duncho duncho wrote:

Originally posted by A9 BNL A9 BNL wrote:

It won't help you unless you get proper ECU remap :) All these little boxes do is just change of throtle curve.

I would agree with some cheap boxes on eBay that are just a simply resistor but the better ones control turbo boost as well as fuel delivery and are digital with selective maps so these are much closer to having a remap done.
1.2 DIG-T Tekna in Gun Metal Grey
sim clayakacappuccin View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sim clayakacappuccin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2014 at 10:34pm
your MPG will get beter the more you use it mine did 35/37 I get now with my best been 68 but yes it was driving like ms daisy in no rush to get where I was going mind you on the m way I doing a lighting speed of 60mph    lol YES I KNOW but was seeing what I could get the mpg up to    
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2014 at 5:05pm
Thanks sim - that's reassuring.
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2015 at 6:07pm
Bump
bryan3 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bryan3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2015 at 7:47pm
Bump indeed
Seems to cover most bases for any 1.2 auto fancier
Doug999 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2015 at 1:57pm
Also note that MPG figures will rise and fall with the weather.  Engines don't like cold air Unhappy
2012 Tekna 1.6L, Arctic White, Stone Leather
blackhawkf1 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackhawkf1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2015 at 6:00pm
I have the manual 1.2, but have just borrowed one of works regional managers 1.6 Diesel CVT cars, i think my next car will be the CVT version of the 1.2, and after reading the review above, can't see any downside that will effect my life much.

G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2015 at 7:03pm
Yep - still lovin' it
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2015 at 11:12pm
You should be ok with that, its the 1.6dci cvt  that seems to be having all the transmission issues at the moment, on the QQ & new X-TrailUnhappy
2nd QQ ..June 2013 Black +2 360.. After moustaches in Movember, all those beards in Decembeard, I'm not looking forward to Fanuary
DC Dick View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC Dick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2016 at 4:05pm
Hi

I'm off to look at a 1.2 xtronic QQ tomorrow (my first auto)

Anything I need to look out for ?

Th old QQ was so nearly a great car that I'm hoping the new model is going to be the one for me Smile

Cheers

Dick.

ps......hows the mpg doing ?
was, 1.5Dci (61) ...Ntec...Nightshade..... wish I still had it.
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2016 at 4:54pm
Hi DC.

Now done 12,700 miles and no real problems.

Update........

Still have 2 silly things, both reported and had 'Nissan fixes' allegedly carried out by dealer..........

1. Parking sensors sometimes bleep when there is nothing there. Better since fix but not 100%.
2. Audio still has a mind of its own - sometimes I switch, say, the radio off, then ignition off. When I restart maybe the AUX comes on .

MPG is currently showing average 34 and best of 59 (think that was a blip as it came up after a short urban, but I accepted it anyway).

Still lovin' it
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2016 at 4:59pm
........also some 1.2ers have mentioned oil loss but without top ups, mine managed 10k before first service when they said it was borderline so that's OK.

Tyres are at about 5mm so not as good as previous, harder compound Contis as some have noted, but still OK.

DC Dick View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC Dick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2016 at 6:55pm
Thanks G5

I have heard mutterings about oil consumption, doesn't sound that bad for a small petrol turbo lump especially from new.

A little disappointed with the mpg your getting but even at this level  it won't be a "deal breaker"

Front tyres especially on FWD cars  are always a problem, I know a guy who ran off the front tyres on his QQ (1.5 DCI) in 10,000 m Confused

Good to hear your still enjoying your QQ Smile

Dick.
was, 1.5Dci (61) ...Ntec...Nightshade..... wish I still had it.
richard_crl032 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richard_crl032 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2016 at 12:11am
. I miss autolocking and although you can do it manually, the teeny weeny switch (and some others) are unlit. Surely if this is a safety feature you should be able to see it in the dark?

This is easily resolved by fixing steelmate alarm that does auto central locking especially since qashqai in Singapore does not come with typical alarm. Original remote is still used since it is an add on. Cheers.
Anujvasu04 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anujvasu04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2016 at 12:26am
are you still happy with the performance? Will you recommend 1.2l for city and occasional long distance drive?
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anujvasu04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2016 at 12:33am
Originally posted by DC Dick DC Dick wrote:

Hi

I'm off to look at a 1.2 xtronic QQ tomorrow (my first auto)

Anything I need to look out for ?

Th old QQ was so nearly a great car that I'm hoping the new model is going to be the one for me Smile

Cheers

Dick.

ps......hows the mpg doing ?

Did you opt for 1.2l xtronic ? Is it a good car?

Edited by Anujvasu04 - 04 Jul 2016 at 12:34am
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2016 at 9:37am
Yes - definitely Tongue
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2016 at 9:37am
Originally posted by Anujvasu04 Anujvasu04 wrote:

are you still happy with the performance? Will you recommend 1.2l for city and occasional long distance drive?

Yes definitely Tongue
GelJ View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GelJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2016 at 9:43am
Others have reported you can fit a slightly longer wiper blade on passenger side.
Hound View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2016 at 11:00am
That's right, I have Bosch Aerotwin AR652S set, 650/450mm (26"/18") which is an inch longer on the passenger's side than standard. They're actually meant for the Renault Avantime/Espace but fit the QQ perfectly.
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2016 at 6:51pm
Whichever length Bosch blades I fitted they have been great - 15k + now
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anujvasu04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2016 at 11:23pm
Does ride quality suffer on 19 inch alloy wheels?
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anujvasu04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2016 at 11:27pm
Which option is better 1.2 petrol xtronic engine or 1.6 diesel xtronic?
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2016 at 11:19am

Does ride quality suffer on 19 inch alloy wheels?

Yes a little - not generally but it does not like those red cushion speed bumps or potholes - mind you, nether do I...!!

the price you pay for looking cool I guess. 

G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2016 at 11:22am

Which option is better 1.2 petrol xtronic engine or 1.6 diesel xtronic?

My first choice for QQ4 was the 1.6dci Xtronic, but after waiting 6 months I was bumped on another 6 so gave up and went for the 1.2.

Apparently they had issues with the 1.6/CVT combo (maybe sorted out now).

Every cloud as they say.................the 1.2 was readily available and £2500 cheaper.

Chucky7 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chucky7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2016 at 9:34pm
Hi G5 - how is the fuel consumption stacking up nowadays please?
Used to own 57-plate 2.0dCi Acenta 4WD in Flame Red

Did have a 1.6dCi Tekna CVT in Ink Blue on order in 2014 but got cancelled.....

I miss my QQ and may be back in a few years
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2016 at 11:01am
Still (sadly) averaging mid 30s.

Best I've had on a decent run and being not so heavy with the right foot is mid 40s.

G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2016 at 11:03am
Just noticed your signature Chucky.

I had a 1.6 diesel CVT on order in2014 and that got cancelled too, which is why I opted for the 1.2 and saved myself £2500.

Every cloud as they say................

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic