UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Reception > Your first question?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

1.2 or 1.6 petrol engine

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PPB66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1.2 or 1.6 petrol engine
    Posted: 06áFebá2018 at 12:47pm
Hi all,

I went for a test drive in a Qashqai Tenka New Generation 1.2 petrol engine manual gearbox. Car was a pleasure to drive and I shall be purchasing a Qashqai.

But I'm unsure what engine size to go for. 1.2 or the 1.6 petrol man gearbox.Confused

On my test drive the car seemed to pull off well from junctions, roundabouts etc and feels good at 70mph along a dual carriageway (though I was only on it for 5 mins).

I've read reviews, some say the 1.2 petrol engine is good for town/urban driving but not so good for motorway or long journeys as you have to work the engine to keep up with the traffic. In the higher gears between 50 and 70mph the Qashqai's engine feels strained, it isn't especially eager to pull, so you need to work the gearbox relatively hard and overtaking can be laborious. Not good when fully laden.

Any feed back from owners of the Qashqai with a 1.2 petrol engine manual gearbox and 1.6 petrol manual gearbox would be much appreciated Wink

Thank you all

G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06áFebá2018 at 6:00pm
Hi
Mine's an auto so not sure how much help I can be, but it's my second 1.2 and I have never found it lacking, in town, on motorway, long and short journeys. Being an auto I never have to strain it via the gears.
QQ5 (YES 5...!!) 2017 Vivid Blue DIG-T 115 X-Tronic Tekna+
Tiffany View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07áFebá2018 at 5:42am
I had the 1.2 dig-T fantastic.i have an XTrail at the moment but coming back to Qashqai. This time I may try 1.6 dig-T
2017 X-Trail N Vision 1.6 DIG-T Storm White.
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08áFebá2018 at 4:05pm
Welcome back Tiff .

You KNOW it makes sense.
QQ5 (YES 5...!!) 2017 Vivid Blue DIG-T 115 X-Tronic Tekna+
Tiffany View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08áFebá2018 at 6:45pm
Hmmmm not just yet. But will be back to the qashqai x
2017 X-Trail N Vision 1.6 DIG-T Storm White.
PPB66 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PPB66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08áFebá2018 at 8:33pm
Hi

Thanks for the info. I think I shall be going for the 1.6 petrol. Best to have a little bit more power under the bonnet if needed than not enough.

Thanks again

stuartspanners View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote stuartspanners Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11áFebá2018 at 4:01pm
There's not much in it, until you need that extra little bit more ......then you will notice it, it's a personal choice based on your driving characteristics, but for what it's worth I'd go for the 1.6 only because you never know when you are going to call on that extra bit of power when you need it. 
PPB66 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PPB66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12áFebá2018 at 11:36am
Hi stuartspanners

I total agree with you. 

Ordered the QQ with 1.6 petrol 

Thanks all for the advice. Great site Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic