Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Qashqai Know How..
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

12v Socket in Boot?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chowting Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 12v Socket in Boot?
    Posted: 29 Jul 2013 at 1:42pm
Hi All,

I'd like to fit a 12v - 20 amp socket in the boot (can't understand why it is not a standard fit!) to run a small fridge, so it needs to be permanently live.  Has anybody done this?  If yes, can you please let me know what style of socket you fitted, where in the boot, and how you wired it up (where from)?  Thanks for all and any comments/advice!  Cheers, Charles
stuartino View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stuartino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2013 at 1:39pm
Does the standard QQ not have a socket in the rear of the middle back seat? the +2 does.
gadget View Drop Down
Drop in and Say Hello Moderator
Drop in and Say Hello Moderator
Inspector

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gadget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2013 at 2:16pm
Just bought a 12v socket from eBay, ran the wire from the front of the car along the trim into the boot behind the carpet on the right side and mounted the socket in the carpet wall.
There's a few constant live in the side pillar at the front.

OK, I didn't do it all myself, my towbar man wired it in  - but its definitely possible.
2007 Acenta 1.5dci in Black with Panoramic Sunroof. Connect System. Boot & Door Sill Plates. Removable Towbar.
Chowting View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chowting Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2013 at 4:42pm
Stuartino - no socket in the rear seat but you did cause me to go out there and take a look in case I'd missed something!  Mr Gadget - I do have a towbar man lined up and will get him to fit the socket but, since he has asked me to supply it, wasn't sure whether to buy a surface mounted or inset socket, both available on eBay, what did you have fitted?  I have (since posting this topic) read in "Benthebow's" post on how to fit a towbar that there is a connector with a 12v supply under the boot trim, guess that is where my fitter will hook up the supply.  Thanks to you both!
Goldstein View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goldstein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 1:07pm
I have fitted one it will show you how if you go to youtube.com  type in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VpYI-3NUBg - How To Install Cigarette Lighter Socket 12V In The Trunk on Nissan Qashqai

It will show you how visually even though its in  another  language and is has a permanent supply so you must unplug at the end of use otherwise the battery will go flat.

I use it for a rear dash cam
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic