UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > J10 Qashqai 2006 - 2013 > Nissan Qashqai J10 Engine Range
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

1.5 2010

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gibby106141 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1.5 2010
    Posted: 15áJulá2018 at 3:52pm
Looking for some guiding help if possible.

When driving, and say going up hill in too high a gear, the red warning light comes on, with almost a dip in power, almost like the turbo turns off, like the revs have plateaud.

I have had it to the local garage, but could do with some pointers if possible.

I have ordered a fault code reader (coming tomorrow)

Wondering if anyone has seen this fault before?

It seems to reset itself when I re-start the engine, and it doesnt do it all the time, but just wondering if anyone knows why this happens?

Kind Regards

Mark
gibby106141 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gibby106141 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17áJulá2018 at 7:33pm
So.....got the fault reader, code 2263, which is turbocharger/supercharger boost system performance.

So to my mind what appears to be happening is that its either detecting this fault and closing the EGR? or operning it? and not - recycling eqhaust fumes through the turbo, and this is whats causing the dip in power.

I have taken the EGR off and cleaned it, I think i notice a difference, and it takes for me to drive it hard (up a hill) to get the fault coming on.

Thinking now of using some wynns stuff on the turbo air intake to see if its a build up elsewhere in the system......any thoughts, tips or advice welcome at this point..
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gibby106141 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18áJulá2018 at 8:02pm
Well I recognise no one appears interested lol.

But I did the wynns thing and to be honest I think I did notice a difference driving.

Fault code didnt come on, but gonna keep an eye out.

Anyone know what mileage the cam belt should be changed at?
Doug999 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18áJulá2018 at 9:54pm
Hi Gibby, welcome to the forum.  You only posted your query 24hrs ago so give everyone (who may be interested) time to offer feedback. 
I regularly access the forum, but if I have no advice to offer I tend not to say anything.

Hopefully someone who is more tech savvy than myself will come along.Thumbs Up
2012 Tekna 1.6L, Arctic White, Stone Leather
chrisw99 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisw99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19áJulá2018 at 9:53am
You can get specific turbo cleaning stuff from Forte. 

Apparently it contains some inert stuff that only becomes active when combusted, and basically turns your exhaust fumes into Mr Muscle Oven Cleaner to attack the carbon build up into the EGR and turbo.

Read some of the reviews, looks like it could help.

Edited by chrisw99 - 19áJulá2018 at 9:54am
QQ3: 2014 1.2 dig-T ntec+ gunmetal grey
QQ2: 2013 CVT 360 silver
QQ1: 2009 1.5dci n-tec fired iron
Turvey View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turvey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19áJulá2018 at 10:13am
Same thing has happened to us, same age and engine as yours. I found that an Italian tune-up helped! Held it in 3rd at revs just below where it would cutout. 30 minutes driving seemed to help. I suppose the heat generated would have helped to burn off soot deposits left there by our usual pottering around town.

I'm not saying it would work for you or even advocating it, just saying what has worked for us.
pandjh View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pandjh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19áJulá2018 at 10:56am
I too would recommend giving Forte a go.
2015 QQ 1.2 Dig-T N-Tec+, Black
Previously 2009 QQ 1.5dCi Acenta, Black
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gibby106141 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19áJulá2018 at 9:59pm
Thank you all, I like the idea of an italian tune up!!

I didnt really realise that all the short runs woould do this, having read up quite a bit i now realise it sort of makes sense.

Drove to work and back today, no warning light, gonna do a second tin of the wynns in about a week or so.....and just keep an eye out

Just turned 40, now have this urge inside me to "do more on the car myself" so i am giving it a go!!

Thanks for the advice all!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic