UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > J10 Qashqai 2006 - 2013 > Nissan Qashqai J10 Engine Range > 1.5 L K9K I4 (diesel)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

1.5 D - Any Good?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PW.... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1.5 D - Any Good?
    Posted: 08 Apr 2010 at 9:35pm
Hi

I'm looking at changing my company car (currently a Passat) over the next few months and 1 of the alternatives is the QQ+2 1.5Dci Tekna Sat Nav..........

The QQ+2 looks fantastic and the spec is amazing but I'm a little concerned about the engine size.

My Passat is a 110bhp and I currently spend 3/4 days a week driving around the A & B roads of Wales, Devon and Cornwall.

I've requested a test drive in a 1.5Dci but I can't arrange it for a few weeks.

Is it a reasonably engine? I'm no speed freak, just don't want to end up driving a milk cart.

Overall the QQ+2 looks a fantastic option for the money if the engines ok.

Any 1.5Dci drivers with feedback would be really appreciated.

Thanks
Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2010 at 10:20pm
love mine plenty of power tons of torque you will be really suprised how good this engine is comfortably cruises at 80

forget your worrys if this was a milk cart it would be owned by a man named ernie  LOL
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
Mr Welling View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Welling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2010 at 1:25am
Yeah, I make Craig right.
It's got plenty of grunt not to get left behind and will give you a tidy return at the pumps - something to bear in mind now that fuel is at it's highest for a long time.

I spent a weekend in mine, travelling from London to Stoke and back with four lads and luggage - it never felt wheezy and held good speed.
n-tec 1.5DCi Nightshade...the wait is over! What a car, love every aspect of it.
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2010 at 10:31am
............and welcome pw Big smile
QQ5 (YES 5...!!) 2017 Vivid Blue DIG-T 115 X-Tronic Tekna+
benih View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benih Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2010 at 1:34pm
Go for a test drive, it's the only sure fire way you'll know.

Qashqai+2 Tekna 2.0dci arrived 4th March 2010 in Magnetic Red.
PW.... View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PW.... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2010 at 4:16pm
Thanks..............Smile
paulhic View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulhic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2010 at 4:37pm
I have had mine for 2 weeks now and can safely say the engine is more than sufficient for your needs. I spent Easter Tuesday driving around Fanad Head in Donegal and the handling was brilliant.
QQ 1.5 dci Acenta Black . May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you are dead
ChrisH View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2010 at 10:45pm
I'd echo all those comments. Loads of torque and surprisingly quiet and powerful. I've just come from a 1.6 Megane CC and the difference is vast...in favour of the QQ
finbaar View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote finbaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2010 at 11:16pm
Forget the engine size, the 1.5 dCi will be (favourably) comparable with the Passat VAG unit, however it will be wrapped in a much nicer skinSmile
Tekna +2 1.5 dCi Mineral Grey
PW.... View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PW.... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2010 at 10:01am
Thanks for all you helpful comments................

The only problem I have now is choosing the colour!!  Big smile 
mohawk View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
White Rose.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2010 at 10:13am
Yep the colour can be a difficult choiceWink
2010 QQ+2 Tekna, Magnetic Red, 2L petrol,CVT,4WD. Chrome side bars,sill strips, rear door grip, tailgate strip, front and rear entry guards,front foglight bezels.Proud Owner.SAC Member.
pandjh View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pandjh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2010 at 10:22am
Originally posted by PW PW wrote:

Is it a reasonably engine? I'm no speed freak, just don't want to end up driving a milk cart.

I have gone from a 1.8 16v 120bhp petrol to this 1.5dci unit and am completely happy with that choice - it outpulls my old car in the lower rev ranges by quite some way. I took it up one of the steeper local hills for the 1st time yesterday and where the old car had to be kept in 3rd to keep accelerating the QQ was quite happy to go up to 4th and keep accelerating.

I thought it'd be a small step backwards when we chose the 1.5 diesel - how wrong I was!
2015 QQ 1.2 Dig-T N-Tec+, Black
Previously 2009 QQ 1.5dCi Acenta, Black
The bard View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The bard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2010 at 10:25am
Going back a little, is it really quiet? My 2.0L diesel is rather noisy.
mcmoomoo View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcmoomoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2010 at 10:29am
2l diesel 2010 model I can confirm is very quiet although you can hear engine if you accelerate aggressively at lower speeds.
pandjh View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pandjh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2010 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by The bard The bard wrote:

Going back a little, is it really quiet? My 2.0L diesel is rather noisy.

Cold engine/stationary - you know ur in a diesel.

Warm engine/on the move - you hardly notice the engine.

The 2010 model has improved sound proofing too.
mcmoomoo View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcmoomoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2010 at 4:59pm
Was driving today and thinking about this issue and I think it depends on what you are used to driving. I used to own a 2L petrol Golf and I find the Qashqai sluggish in comparison when setting off from 0mph though am extremely happy with the car. I haven't tried the 1.5 but I'd imagine if you're coming from a 2L you'd find it sluggish. Friends of ours have owned a 1.5d qashqai since 2007 and love the car but can't wait to upgrade to a 2.0 as they find it unresponsive at roundabouts, lights, etc. I think once you're over 25mph the difference won't be massive.
BrummyDave View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrummyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2010 at 7:18pm
The thing that sold me on the 1.5 diesel was the incredible response and torque (considering the size of the car!). I drive a 1.8 Astra at the moment and I honestly think the 1.5 diesel was as good if not better in certain circumstances. For instance, going uphill, even on my own, the Astra will always drop into 3rd (auto by the way). The Qashqai quite happily took the same hill in 5th. It was even ready to accelerate and I think I could have left it in 6th?  The trick is to always be in the right gear.
PeterWestSussex View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeterWestSussex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2010 at 7:40am
Originally posted by BrummyDave BrummyDave wrote:

The trick is to always be in the right gear.

Surely, it doesn't make any difference what you're wearing?LOL
1.6Tekna, Blade Silver+ESP+SatNav+ MetaSR2Targa parking sensors, .P/X'd Nov 2012 because we just didn't need or use the car to its full potential!
pandjh View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pandjh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2010 at 9:01am
Originally posted by PeterWestSussex PeterWestSussex wrote:

Originally posted by BrummyDave BrummyDave wrote:

The trick is to always be in the right gear.

Surely, it doesn't make any difference what you're wearing?LOL

I tend to find cars get outta the way and i get places quicker when i'm wearing my policeman strippagram outfit and waving my truncheon...
The bard View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The bard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2010 at 9:05am
Isn't it illegal to wave your truncheon in public?
stevethesimtec View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevethesimtec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2010 at 9:15am
only if it's fully extended
Nothin' is easy

'13 Pearl-Black 360 4WD 1.6Dci
stokieal View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stokieal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2010 at 11:03am

Originally posted by stevethesimtec stevethesimtec wrote:

only if it's fully extended

And BOTH hands on the wheelWink

hondo999 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hondo999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2010 at 2:45pm
Drove the new 2010 and the 2007 QQ 1.5DCi and can say they both have plenty of pull and are gorgeous cars. Plenty of room to as im 5ft11" and approx 18 stone....my lads 6ft7" and fits well in the back immediately behind me so theres loads of space!!!......comfy too as the new 2010 has a nicer ride!
bud78 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bud78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2010 at 4:31pm
for a 1.5 i think it goes really well. pulls good and cruises very good but just a little noisey on pull away. other than the noise is a cracking engine. and driving down country lanes yesterday it was very good to. drives and handles very good.
BikerBear View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BikerBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2010 at 8:47am

PW...  I've had mine now for a month.  For the first couple of weeks I could swear they put the 2.0L in mine by mistake.  I have no complaints whatsoever with the 1.5.   What I do like, however, is that I'm averaging 53mpg; and this is before the engine is run in.

HTH,

BB

Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2010 at 6:04pm
one thing i'm over the moon about is when i got her the engine was very noisy but i assumed that was just diesel but now done 1700 miles shes starting to get much quieter as she runs in ,noise was mainly when heavy footed and was worse at the  high end of each gear nowhere near as noisy now and getting better by the week Clap shes obviously loosening up nicely
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
bud78 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bud78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2010 at 7:44pm

economy is very good to for the size and shape of the car. went from scotland to dorset the other day cost 45 quid, could of got it better if drove a bit more economical but just wanted to get there. cant belive such a little diesel engine can go so well, truely amazed.

Glastoboy View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glastoboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2010 at 7:54pm
Whatever else we can throw at the French, can't knock their knack of making damn good diesel engines.
Qashqai 2010 1.5dci N-Tec Nightshade. Now Qashqai 2013 +2 N-Tec+ 1.5 dci Nightshade
stevethesimtec View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevethesimtec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2010 at 12:35pm
@bud78 - £45 WOW, but I suppose it's all down hill. Wait 'till you go back Tongue
Nothin' is easy

'13 Pearl-Black 360 4WD 1.6Dci
bud78 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bud78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2010 at 2:00pm
yep was 50 quid on the way back lol. not bad tho an extra 5 quid.
Kano View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2010 at 11:22pm
Just went from Stirling to Stoneleigh and back, roughly 680 miles on the one tank load, this used 61 ltrs and was showing 50mpg not bad for 70mph almost all the way there and back on cruise control. It was amazing how the figures tumbled in the last hundred miles, at the start of the return journey the screen said we should have about 90 miles left in the tank but we ended up with only four litres left.
The bard View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The bard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2010 at 7:03am
As a matter of interest, I have a 2 litre Accenta 4wd auto and on a long motorway run I consistently average 49mpg! Mixed running about 37mpg. Economy plus excellent acceleration mean I am well pleased - apart from all the annoying niggles.
Kano View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2010 at 9:06am
The screen on mine always shows around 55mpg but the sums don't add up when check it. it worked out at 50 but considering the speed we traveled at it's not bad.
daved View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2010 at 10:56am
Hi all,
Had my qq 1.5dci since march 17th 2010, only done 300 miles mainly 10 mile radius. Only getting 32 mile per gallon. Did a 50 mile run yesterday  on A 38 duel carriageway with cruise control set at 61 and only got 35 miles per gallon, hoped to get more from qq. Has it got to be run in ?
bud78 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bud78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2010 at 12:19pm
they say you get your best out of your car when you have done over 2500 miles, but you should be getting better than that. when i was running mine in was getting about 40 mpg round town and 51 mpg . does better than that now done about 2700 miles now.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic