UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > J10 Qashqai 2006 - 2013 > Nissan Qashqai J10 Engine Range > 1.5 L K9K I4 (diesel)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

1.5 D - Any Good?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04áMayá2010 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by bud78 bud78 wrote:

................... went from scotland to dorset the other day ....................

And you never popped in for a cup of tea?  I'm deeply offended Ouch.
QQ5 (YES 5...!!) 2017 Vivid Blue DIG-T 115 X-Tronic Tekna+
Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04áMayá2010 at 1:22pm
get the kettle on g5 where all coming just to show we care LOL
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
bud78 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bud78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04áMayá2010 at 2:39pm
will pop in next time. was only there for about 7 hours then drove straight back up. got there at 1 oclock in the morn slept for a bit then straight back. was shatterd. should be coming down in june or july will be staying at rockly park.
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04áMayá2010 at 2:43pm
Bl**dy Hell - better ask wifey to stock up on teabags Embarrassed.
SH4NE View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SH4NE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04áMayá2010 at 3:52pm
Hi pw, honestly yes has plenty grunt certainlly isnt shy loads of torque and to be honest i thought i was driving a higher powered engine and i came from a 147bhp mazda 6 2.0 so thats saying something and i am proper impressed. just wish i had the roads to myself so i could play more
SuperMop View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

SUSPENDED

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04áMayá2010 at 4:17pm

Originally posted by daved daved wrote:

Hi all,
Had my qq 1.5dci since march 17th 2010, only done 300 miles mainly 10 mile radius. Only getting 32 mile per gallon. Did a 50 mile run yesterdayá on A 38 duel carriageway with cruise control set at 61 and only got 35 miles per gallon, hoped to get more from qq. Has it got to be run in ?

á

Originally posted by bud78 bud78 wrote:

they say you get your best out of your car when you have done over 2500 miles, but you should be getting better than that. when i was running mine in was getting about 40 mpg round town and 51 mpg . does better than that now done about 2700 miles now.

I picked my QQ 1.5DCi up on Sunday with 14 miles on the clock. áDriving home, did around 220 miles on Motorways and A-Roads mostly and averaged 46 MPG at an AVERAGE 54 MPH, and this is going from South of Manchester to East Scottish Borders, so plenty of big hills to go over.
Now I have 260 miles on the clock, MPG upto 47.5 MPG á

So assuming the computer is right, you definitely should be getting more then 35 MPG and I am expecting quite a bit better once run in.áSmile

This may sound silly, but remembering to use 6th Gear? easily forgotten when used to a 5 speed boxáConfused

PW.... View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PW.... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04áMayá2010 at 4:17pm
Thanks SH4NE
qashqaicatherine View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qashqaicatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05áMayá2010 at 5:34pm
Our QQ is the same with the mpg, its done just over 300 miles and is averaging 35mpg, we haven't really done any long journeys, its just him going to work or shopping etc.

I'm also not sure if my hubbie is resetting the trip computer every time he fills the car up (should he be doing that??) or whether he is using 6th gear.
Best wishes

Catherine xxx
2010 Mag Red Qashqai 1.5dCi N-Tec.
Born on 14/04/10.
bud78 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bud78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05áMayá2010 at 5:56pm
my mpg has never gone that low, even when running in. do you live where there is lots of hills?. i was getting averaging 53 mpg down the country lanes earlyer doing about 60 mph.
pandjh View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pandjh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05áMayá2010 at 7:39pm
My OH hadn't been using 6th until I pointed iout the effects on the MPG to her... just did a 40 mile cruise at 60mph from Gatwick to Chatham, mostly flat, and even with the long climb up Bluebell Hill at the end still got 69.7mpg for the journey as a whole (starting cold).
2015 QQ 1.2 Dig-T N-Tec+, Black
Previously 2009 QQ 1.5dCi Acenta, Black
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05áMayá2010 at 8:17pm
my best is a 100 mile trip 72 .6 never gone below 47 since ive had her and i do a lot of short trips and like to put my foot down
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
pandjh View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pandjh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05áMayá2010 at 8:24pm
I was on 73.4 until I got to the hill... Cry
Mr Welling View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Welling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05áMayá2010 at 8:24pm
Our 1.5 dci averages 48mpg and that's A to B urban driving. Engine has done 1800 miles.
n-tec 1.5DCi Nightshade...the wait is over! What a car, love every aspect of it.
Cocidius View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cocidius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05áMayá2010 at 8:57pm
Hello All,

I picked up my 1.5 diesel on 15th April. Since then I have driven about 400 miles. My fuel consumption, as displayed on dashboardBig smile, is approximately 45 miles per gallon - driving on motorway about 55 mph for half mileage. I am sooo happy with fuel consumption and the rest!
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qashqaicatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05áMayá2010 at 9:17pm
So does the trip computer need resetting each time he puts diesel in the car, could that be why the mpg is showing so low?

Also what has using the 6th gear got to do with the mpg?

Thanks.
Best wishes

Catherine xxx
Born on 14/04/10.
bud78 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bud78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05áMayá2010 at 9:31pm
you can reset the trip anytime you want, just hold the i button on the steering wheel till it resets.   

and getting into 6th gear as soon as possible gets the engine revs down so saves petrol. 

hope this helps.
bud78 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bud78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05áMayá2010 at 9:35pm
i was doing 80 the other day and was still getting around 50 mpg. like i say mine has never gone below 45, even from picking it up with 4 miles on the clock.
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qashqaicatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05áMayá2010 at 10:03pm
I know you can reset the trip computer anytime, but I was wondering if to show the correct mpg do you need to do it every time you fill up?

I wonder what the people on here who are getting 50+ mpg do with the trip computer, I wonder whether they reset at fill ups or don't bother resetting at all.
Best wishes

Catherine xxx
Born on 14/04/10.
bud78 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bud78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05áMayá2010 at 10:10pm

befor a journey or just when eva you feel like it, coz after a while i think it does stay around the number on the last journey you did. so no not every time you fill up.

Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05áMayá2010 at 10:11pm
i only reset if i want to know what mpg i am getting on a certain trip other than that i dont touch it
pandjh View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pandjh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05áMayá2010 at 10:13pm
the mpg figure shown is based on the miles done/petrol used since u last reset it - whenever that happened to be. I was interested in the mpg I could get on a trip to work if I drove 'calmly' so reset it at the start of that particular journey. On other occasions I have reset it at fill-up and let it run its course over the full tank... and of course got a much lower overall value. So it depends completely on the driving you do after a reset... get stuck in traffic soon after resetting and it drops before your very eyes!
BrummyDave View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrummyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05áMayá2010 at 10:18pm

Never had a car with a modern trip computer before but I have always been of the habit of resetting the odometer after filling up. This is/was the only true method of working out your mpg!

I should imagine not resetting or resetting will give you much the same results. Just that not resetting will give you an mpg based on accumulated data as opposed to short term data.

As craigfishin said; resetting after filling up will give you a mpg figure for that particular tank full - or until you reset it again... useful for working out the cost of a particular journey.

Edited by BrummyDave - 05áMayá2010 at 10:23pm
pandjh View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pandjh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05áMayá2010 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by BrummyDave BrummyDave wrote:

Never had a car with a modern trip computer before but I have always been of the habit of resetting the odometer after filling up. This is/was the only true method of working out your mpg!

2 cars... 1 LONG journey.... 15 miles difference on the odometers by the time we got there. 

BrummyDave View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrummyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05áMayá2010 at 10:26pm

pandjh, been there, done that. Probably why all statistics are subjective and open to interpretation?

The difference can be accounted for simply by the different position on the road ie. on a long sweeping left-hand motorway bend, the car in the nearside lane will travel fractionally shorter than a car in the outside lane! If the journey is sufficiently long, all those fractions add up.

Edited by BrummyDave - 05áMayá2010 at 10:31pm
pandjh View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pandjh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05áMayá2010 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by BrummyDave BrummyDave wrote:

pandjh, been there, done that. Probably why all statistics are subjective and open to interpretation?

for a moment there I'd thought I'd lost a day and it was 'E' day...   just you wait 'til 2moro night, swingometers, big-ben plastered in graphics...
Mr Welling View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Welling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06áMayá2010 at 2:01am
I should say Catherine that I reset the mpg trip every time I fill up - so I know what mileage I'm getting per tank full.
Roughly 15-10% is M25/M20
and 85-90% is all local urban roads - trip shows between 48-51mpg almost every time.
n-tec 1.5DCi Nightshade...the wait is over! What a car, love every aspect of it.
SH4NE View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SH4NE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06áMayá2010 at 4:19pm
Yesterday went to my sisters before for one last run before D-DAY anyway i was getting about 65.9 mpg at an average 60 over a 38 mile journey so i am very impressed but i got most excited when i reset it and info said 99.9mpg then it just had to change didnt it 
Rugger13 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rugger13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áMayá2010 at 12:58pm
Daved,

if you reset the MPG before your journey it will show the proper MPG, especially now it's run in and you get used to it. Tongue

Reset it by holding down the info button on wheel whilst on MPG display.Star

My QQ 1.5dCi is averaging 46.5mpg but I also usually don't have the A/C on. Just don't try accelorating too hard from cold. Daily I cruise at 70mph+ with cruise control on the hilly A31 and A3 and still keep the average up.  Clap
Magnetic Red 1.5dCi QQ n-tec, 17" Alloys, Rear Guard, Tow-Bar, Thule Bike Carrier, and a BIG SMILE!
hondo999 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hondo999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áMayá2010 at 4:03pm
Are we in agreement chaps that the best method is work out over a few weeks how much we are putting in the car in gallons not cash trms and how many miles we have done during the same period. The trip[ computers can be giving false reading depending on whether or not it has been reset and also if it has been reset...when. ??
That being the case the trip computer can give you s snapshot of what the car is calculated to be doing over a period/distance but the true figure is how many gallons you are paying for for the distance you are travelling.
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11áMayá2010 at 11:52am
Originally posted by hondo999 hondo999 wrote:

...........but the true figure is how many gallons you are paying for for the distance you are travelling.

The old and trusted way - before all these onboard computer thingies Geek LOL
davelincs View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davelincs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11áMayá2010 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by daved daved wrote:

Hi all,
Had my qq 1.5dci since march 17th 2010, only done 300 miles mainly 10 mile radius. Only getting 32 mile per gallon. Did a 50 mile run yesterday  on A 38 duel carriageway with cruise control set at 61 and only got 35 miles per gallon, hoped to get more from qq. Has it got to be run in ?
did you reset the mpg trip, if not it would just be the average mpg on the previous miles
SH4NE View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SH4NE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11áMayá2010 at 11:26pm
35 mpg ? wow thats a bit low i would keep an eye on that mine started at about 50mpg and has slowly been increasing
hondo999 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hondo999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26áMayá2010 at 7:06pm
1.5dci acenta doing on average 53 to the gallon based on miles done to fuel pumped in and averaged out. Managed to get a reading in excess of 83 to the gallon on a run today on a run from home to the local doggy superstore to get some rawhide bones for the dogs....wouldnt think for a minute the car would ever do that on average with  the combined roads I use. dos show though that on a long run using cruise control you can get prob 70+ to the gallon Motorway miles....    sooo much better than 29mpg motorway mileage on my july 2008 mazda 3 1600 auto ...lol
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26áMayá2010 at 7:42pm
my last car got 19mpg so imagine how i feel !!!Big smile
Glastoboy View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glastoboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26áMayá2010 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by craigfishin craigfishin wrote:

my last car got 19mpg so imagine how i feel !!!Big smile

That wasn't the Aston Martin DB9 Jezza was driving to the south of France on TG a couple of days ago on Dave was it?
Qashqai 2010 1.5dci N-Tec Nightshade. Now Qashqai 2013 +2 N-Tec+ 1.5 dci Nightshade
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic