UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > J10 Qashqai 2006 - 2013 > Nissan Qashqai J10 Engine Range > 1.5 L K9K I4 (diesel)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

1.5 D - Any Good?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26†May†2010 at 8:58pm
2.5 litre 24v v6 greeeeeedy beggar
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
Glastoboy View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glastoboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26†May†2010 at 9:00pm
God that sounds horrifyingly like the Rover 825i I used to have.
Qashqai 2010 1.5dci N-Tec Nightshade. Now Qashqai 2013 +2 N-Tec+ 1.5 dci Nightshade
Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26†May†2010 at 9:59pm

suzuki grand vitara x-ec limited edition 2.5 24v v6,leather walnut,very nice ,very powerful ,veeeery juicy 
my tekna still wins hands down in all departments and would never go back to any previous car ive owned

+

Edited by craigfishin - 26†May†2010 at 10:00pm
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26†May†2010 at 10:13pm
Nah - sorry pal

Looks all boxy and old fashioned - not for meOuch

Fee x
MadCar View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadCar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26†May†2010 at 11:19pm
Oh my eyes are burning, take the image down get me an eye wash, oh the pain. Cry
Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26†May†2010 at 11:39pm
easy now she was a good motorLOLmust say i never had a single problem with her in 2 1/2 yrs but you are 100% right next to my qq she would'nt get a second look ,a bit boxy but she served me well ,big loss though depreciated £6000 in 2 1/5 yrs Shocked
Glastoboy View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glastoboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27†May†2010 at 12:57am
Luxury, sheer luxury (compared to an SJ413 I once 'tried' to drive. Thought I was going to die it was that unstable. Once was enough! I'm sure the Vitara was a good car, but does look a little dated now.
Qashqai 2010 1.5dci N-Tec Nightshade. Now Qashqai 2013 +2 N-Tec+ 1.5 dci Nightshade
bud78 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bud78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27†May†2010 at 11:09am
Originally posted by craigfishin craigfishin wrote:

my last car got 19mpg so imagine how i feel !!!Big smile

19 mpg christ, my vauxhall monaro i got ridd of did 19 mpg and that was a 5.7 v8. Confused

did the the gas pedal only have 2 settings? on / off, lolLOL
hondo999 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hondo999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27†May†2010 at 2:53pm
I got 29 on a motorway run from my Mazda 3 1.6 auto ...it was 2008 model and i had it from new. Round town it wouldnt do more than 17 to the gallon. and Mazda said there wasnt a problem with it!!  
nitrofan View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitrofan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20†Aug†2010 at 3:42pm
I drove a 2008 year model 1.5 from London to the South of France in 2008.

I was very very sceptical when the hire company told me my 2 Litre Passat estate was NOT available as requested but they did have a 1.5 Litre Qashqai diesel! having had a Shogun Diesel a few years previously I was NOT delighted with the news just 6 hours before departure!

But I was soon converted the car had a VERY full load on-board plus two bikes hanging on the back It pulled very well on steep hills and drove like a dream on the flat a bit too well actualy I got a speeding ticket in France.

I think it averged something like 38 Mpg which I suppose was not bad considering I was doing 85 mph allmost all the way plus the load and bucycle "airbrakes" I dont know if the old urban myth  about hire cars being deliberately performance limited is true if so I am doubly impressed with that Qashqai 1.5 Diesel.

So impressed I am buying one as my next car. 
gadgeteer View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gadgeteer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23†Aug†2010 at 10:43am
Yup, I honestly cannot rave about the 1.5 enough.  I've had 6 adults in it and it still pulls uphill no problems.  Over the weekend, i had my QQ+2 filled to the rafters with camping kit and 3 kids and again, no sluggishness.

My friends often comment along the lines of "I honestly cant believe this is a 1.5...."

If anyone has doubts......honestly don't.
handilloyd View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handilloyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23†Aug†2010 at 11:12am
Glad I went for the 1.5d especially in nightshade it's arriving 7-9 sept after being told end oct so I'll be a happy bunny
hondo999 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hondo999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23†Aug†2010 at 2:15pm
Handilloyd you will be over the moon with it. Ive had mine since may and except for the crap dealer the car itself has been a dream!.....and the fuel consumption is a dream...
1.5dci Acenta, Nighstshade, Best car I've owned
Mr Welling View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Welling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23†Aug†2010 at 8:09pm
Yep, it's all good....
...did a trip to the beach Saturday. 80mph when possible, 3 adults, 2 kids, boot stuffed, climate on the whole way (and back)...still returned 52mpg.
n-tec 1.5DCi Nightshade...the wait is over! What a car, love every aspect of it.
gadgeteer View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gadgeteer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24†Aug†2010 at 11:25am
52mpg!?!?!  That's the sort of result I can only dream of!  I am getting 41mpgish  I know I'm a bit heavy on the old right foot but wow that's a hell of a difference!
hondo999 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hondo999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24†Aug†2010 at 11:33am
hiya Gadgeteer,
41?...... you would have to be hellishly heavy with the ole right foot! lol
The thing is a run to the seaside and driving round town will show far differing returns. It is important to compare like for like. 
I know i get an average well into the 50s when i do the odd run along a nice stretch of rd rather than just round town for a few weeks when i get around 47-48.     also  there's usually me or me and one other. if i was carrying a car load around town then there would be a tremendous drop in mileage. Have you regularly re-set your trip computer?....    if you are still running on the setting from when the car came out of the showroom that may be the issue?
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24†Aug†2010 at 11:47am
But I still say an overall average from day 1 is the only meaningful reading Geek

QQ5 (YES 5...!!) 2017 Vivid Blue DIG-T 115 X-Tronic Tekna+
pandjh View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pandjh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24†Aug†2010 at 11:59am
Just had 2 weeks of driving the family around, out and about etc...  reset the MPG at the start...   over 1350 miles, average was 54.1mpg   (family of 5).

I like to reset every now and again so I don't get too upset when the MPG drops for 'heavy footed' periods... well we can't all be calm all the time.
2015 QQ 1.2 Dig-T N-Tec+, Black
Previously 2009 QQ 1.5dCi Acenta, Black
hondo999 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hondo999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24†Aug†2010 at 12:09pm
Im with you on the total cost of ownership calculation......Its on the side of "whats the car doing now" or "under a given set of circumstances" that we need to consider the calculations I was aiming at fine sir. Im with you all the way in that there's no point driving a car that does 20mpg for 3 years and then on the last week before we sell it kid ourselves because we coasted 4 miles downhill and the computer indicated 99mpg that we are selling the most economical car on the planet...   LOL
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24†Aug†2010 at 12:10pm
Hmmmmm - working on that basis I accidentally reset mine a while back and got 40mpg on a gentle motorway cruise home, out of what may be the juiciest variant Tongue.

Be interesting to know what everyone's typical mixed overall average from day 1 was, rather than a cherry-picked figure from you 1.5ers. LOL

The bard View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The bard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24†Aug†2010 at 12:19pm
I have 2 litre diesel fwd auto Accenta and average 37mpg mixed driving and 49mpg on a long, steady, 70 mph motorway run.

Very satisfied!
UrbanNomad View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UrbanNomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24†Aug†2010 at 1:54pm
Perhaps it's not just euro emissions compliance that is speeding up the somewhat hasty development of new technologies ( DPF for example ) but  customer's high expectations?  Confused   It was not that many years ago that a little runabout with 4 new tyres, new MOT and ability to achieve 30 mpg was all it took to sell.  The QQ is a solid, weighty, substantial car and with fuel economy in the mid thirties ( town driving ) I think it's outstanding, especially as this is without stop / start technology.  Thumbs Up

The 1.5 diesel obviously returns more, if you do the mileage / driving style to warrant it.

Smile

Bling-free 2009 QQ Acenta 1.6 called Tyson in Faded Denim, still looking box fresh!
pandjh View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pandjh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24†Aug†2010 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by G5 BOY G5 BOY wrote:

Be interesting to know what everyone's typical mixed overall average from day 1 was, rather than a cherry-picked figure from you 1.5ers. LOL

I think I qualify as a cherry-picking 1.5er... and didn't even post my other cherry pick journey that got 73.5mpg over a distance of 75 miles...

So in the spirit of 'fessing up' I would 'guestimate' that a true average in mine since I got it was nearer 52 MPG. (It would be higher but the other half's foot is leaden).

Ur never gonna be able to compare engine MPGs accurately unless they are driven side by side for an extended period of time over the same journeys with the same fuel loads, driver weight, colour of socks etc...

The 'best bit' for me is to hit congestion on the M25 and see the figure go UP!... yes, a good old cruise for a few miles at 40-50 mph does wonders to the MPG.

Edited by pandjh - 24†Aug†2010 at 2:30pm
2015 QQ 1.2 Dig-T N-Tec+, Black
Previously 2009 QQ 1.5dCi Acenta, Black
gadgeteer View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gadgeteer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24†Aug†2010 at 3:20pm
I reset my trip computer once since I got her.  So this is a combined value based on the last 500 miles I guess.  The reason I did this is because I do a real mix of town/motorway driving so I want a true average based over time rather than resetting the clock just before I go on a motorway cruise then fool myself into thinking I've done 50mpg.

Even on my last car, I always got around 15% less mpg than my mate who drove the same model so the only thing I can blame is my right foot.  But wow, 40mpg - 50mpg is a BIG difference!  I just can't stand dawdling around though!  I need to get from A -> B as quick as possible as i find driving so bloody boring.
Jacka View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24†Aug†2010 at 3:35pm

I think the 1.5 engine is a quality engine and it handles the car very well.  It's not as economical as what you will get in it's competitors, but to be fair it's a bigger car.  I'm very good friends with an engineer at Nissan (I used to work there) and he said the 1.5 dci is the best engine to go for out of the lot.

I'm currently on 48.9 combined and I flog the tits out of it.  I drive to kent from newcastle last week and I reset the MPG and I was getting 62 MPG doing 70 all the way and it was still rising.
QQpbls View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QQpbls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24†Aug†2010 at 4:46pm
+ 3000 miles since mid June with minimal motorway but a lot of cross country A roads, display is showing 54.1mpg.

Does the fuel used make any difference?  I am sure you have all seen the new shell claims.
Jacka View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24†Aug†2010 at 4:55pm

I'm not sure!

What have shell said
SuperMop View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

SUSPENDED

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24†Aug†2010 at 5:47pm

But I still say an overall average from day†1 is the only meaningful reading Geek

You need to be recording how much fuel you have put in from day 1 be get a meaningful reading - My fuel computer is anywhere from pretty spot on to up to 20% out from fillup to fillup.

I reset all the readings each fullup and record them, so could (if I could be arsed), work out the average consumption over Day 1, last x miles, and average speed.

My consumption from Day 1 is in my sig and is a bit lower then I hoped, TBH (but still hell of a lot better then 25MPG of previous car†Smile )

Mr Welling View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Welling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24†Aug†2010 at 9:28pm

Hmmmmm - working on that basis I accidentally reset mine a while back and got 40mpg on a gentle motorway cruise home, out of what may be the juiciest variant Tongue.

Speaking honestly (and yes, I'm a copperWink), our average will be between 48 - 55mpg.
I reset the trip every time I fill up with half a tank - always only half fill since carrying all that extra weight is needless - haven't needed to completely fill up because haven't done a journey that warrants it yet.
The lower figure is 90% driving local urban stuff, short journeys etc
The higher figure when it's mostly A2, M25 journeys and day trips out with my kids.

Quick example. I had one bar above half way on the fuel gauge, drove to Ramsgate and back and then today to Chessington and back with a supermarket trip in between. 240 miles covered, 180 left on the predicted range - average mpg according to the car is at 51.2mpg - average speed covered is 52mph, I try to maintain 75-85mph on motorways.

Steve.

For the record, since day 1 ownership I've always put Shell normal diesel fuel in - it's the cheapest around and I trust the supplier for quality.
Quick edit to say the mileage is now just past 3700, will have owned the car new since late November, I was very considerate when running in for the 1st 1000 miles - I reckon it's paying dividends with power and frugality now.

Edited by Mr Welling - 24†Aug†2010 at 9:33pm
n-tec 1.5DCi Nightshade...the wait is over! What a car, love every aspect of it.
scharter View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scharter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24†Aug†2010 at 9:40pm
Just done my first drive to work ( 30 miles mainly on A31).  Filled up on return journey and reset computer. Ave until hitting village and stopping at shops was well above 60mpg, and dropped to only(!!) 58 mpg.  As people say it gets better after 2000-3000 miles! So pleased with that and the car. Excellent.
Find the fuel ecomony gauge very interesting - surprising how much it drops when accelerating, or putting a strain on the engine driving up inclines in a high gear! I think I will change my driving habits. Me thinks I should actually look at the road tho!
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25†Aug†2010 at 2:11am
I fill up every week & reset the trip, then work out the mpg properly, always done this. The average on the display is pretty meaningless really imo & are really just gimmicks, you really need to check the "old fashioned way" to get a proper average. I do agree with scharter  though that the bar guage thingy could be useful to help you learn to drive more economically but again most of what you could learn from it should be common sense.
I have never got less  than 39-41mpg & thats doing only very short local trips. Fair enough the cars only just done over 1.000 miles so its hardly a long time test but the consumption should only improve over  the next couple of thou miles & I see no reason why a good 50+mpg  shouldnt be the average on combined driving.
2nd QQ ..June 2013 Black +2 360.. After moustaches in Movember, all those beards in Decembeard, I'm not looking forward to Fanuary
MadCar View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadCar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25†Aug†2010 at 10:57pm
Nearly 3,000 miles for us and we are getting 52.7mpg tops to 52.0

Thats a variery of drivers and driving, I push it harder, she doesn't but it still does very well overall. I wish my BMW did that high an MPG but then it does sound a lot better so I won't complain. LOL
nemo View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nemo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25†Aug†2010 at 10:59pm
This for some reason reminds me...I followed a 10 plate facelifted QQ the other day. From badges it looked like a 1.5d n-tec....however he had 'pimped' it up by putting a NOS badge next to or underneath the QQ bit  and a V8 badge next to the Pure Diesel badge....couldnt help but laugh...really ruint the look
HarryN-TEC View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarryN-TEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25†Aug†2010 at 11:26pm
Originally posted by nemo nemo wrote:

This for some reason reminds me...I followed a 10 plate facelifted QQ the other day. From badges it looked like a 1.5d n-tec....however he had 'pimped' it up by putting a NOS badge next to or underneath the QQ bit  and a V8 badge next to the Pure Diesel badge....couldnt help but laugh...really ruint the look

Some people do go over the top.......so long as they are happy.  LOL
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26†Aug†2010 at 11:30am
Could Craigfishin's inbred lovechild maybe? LOL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic