UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > J10 Qashqai 2006 - 2013 > Nissan Qashqai J10 Engine Range > 1.5 L K9K I4 (diesel)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

1.5 D - Any Good?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSX600FMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2010 at 5:36pm

Okay! So I have had the QQ+2 1.5 (apparently no DPF) since July 19 2010, done just shy of 4000 miles and here is my summary. The little diesel engine is brilliant. It’s like driving a very good 1.8 or a ‘so so’ 2 litre. I get (no slow coach) >46MPG. Head room can be a little cramped if you jack up the seat too much for a better view. My biggest issue is that the handbrake being that from a left hand drive design. It is awkward to get to in a hurry. It interferes with the front passenger and if others use the centre console to store their cans, drinks, milkshake etc etc I get annoyed because it fouls either my hand or arm as I try to reach across. I want my hand brake by my hand if I drop the hand down by my side. For this reason alone (unless I get really used to it by next car change) I will not replace the car with the same. If everyone else thinks the same about the hand brake position....let Nissan and/or dealer know only they can alter the design. (I know why it’s there in that position though). Anyway other little issue is that I cannot see the stork control icons, I mean I cannot easily see what position the lights, fog light, and window washers are in without bobbing my head around like an owl or a Meer cat. So what I would like to see in the next ‘revision’ would be the hand brake in the correct place for the UK market, the Connect system in a higher position (it is too dangerous in such a low centre position (swap it with the air vent location)) as I don’t use the Nissan Connect where it is (even for general reversing). Some more small storage in the front of the car is needed. I want to be able to empty my pockets of wallet, mobile, change and keys when I get in to drive a long way. The storage under the passenger seat is of little practical value as is the centre console bin with the USB port being exposed to damage from anything you place or drop in there.

I like this car and am impressed by its performance, looks etc but these few little things will get me looking for this engine (Renaults K9K) in another model (either a Nissan body or a Renault body). By the way does anybody have the power or torque curve graph for these engines. I want to know  when best torque or power achieved in RPM. Thanks!

Ordered QQ+2 Tekna 1.5 black on 20/4/10 expected 10/7/10. Collected on 19/7/10
Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2010 at 6:03pm
i think in time these will fade into insignificance don't forget if you use the auto features you dont have to worry about lights and wiper positions and i got used to the handbrake very fast ,it doesnt bother me at all,

your right about performance its a great engine
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
GSX600FMAN View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSX600FMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2010 at 7:36pm
I'll try leaving both the lights and wipers on auto to see. I have removed and stored in the loft, to keep safe, the rear parcel shelf/cover and the very rear floor cover. This has slightly lightened the load and given a little extra storage space at the rear where I've stored umbrella, disposable camera (for fun or emergencies) first aid kit and hi visibility jackets. 
Well pleased with the engines ability and likely not to get the larger 2l if replaced in the future. I've also fitted the excellent Heko wind deflectors on all 4 windows, very good and no major increase in noise (off Ebay), my wife smokes (Boo!). I've also fitted an extra horn as the stock horn is rubbish. It is a little differcult to remove grill, it is on push in tapered lock pin things. If you want I can post photos of the  'pins' you have to flex from the inside of the grill (take your wrist watch off first)
gadgeteer View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gadgeteer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2010 at 7:43pm
The middle is a bit of a silly place to put cup holders anyway in my opinion.  I agree with the Connect being too low comment.  It can be a bit dangerous sometimes if I'm engrossed in changing my playlist or working out the next junction as I have to take my eyes off the road completely.

But as for the engine, no complaints at all. 
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2010 at 7:43pm
auto features brilliant on the lights i always forgot to put them on in tunnels and sometimes as it got dark my eyes would adjust and id forget to put them on till someone flashed me but now they come on in tunnels go off on exit there brilliant , the wipers are also great but on 2 occasions found the need to turn them up a notch to fast other than that they have worked a treat ,

does removing the shelf and rear boot floor mat not expose the bose speaker for thieving eyes???? 
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSX600FMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2010 at 8:18pm
The Bose isn't exposed as you still have to tilt the rear rear seats forward, giving access to the spare wheel well to maybe a little more space for emergency stuff like gloves or rags or cable ties etc (I'm not a Dexter (sky 1) but in the past gloves, duct tape, tubing, rags and cable ties have helped get me or someone else home).
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2010 at 8:56pm
oh you have the +2 seat up ,i get ya now plus the tints will stop most being seen,

i carry some strange crap about with me too ,you never know when a pipe cleaner and some straws will come in handy  lol
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSX600FMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2010 at 10:17pm
ZD30DDTi EEC
if this is the info I was looking for. Is it best to get the revs to about 3200 in the appropriate gear that will give you the speed you want? ie where the power and the torque curves cross/touch.
Manufacturer code:K9K (78 kW) (1.5)
Year of production:: 
Fuel:diesel
Fuel preparation: 
Supercharging:Turbo charger 
Camming:OHC 
Cubic capacity:1461
No. of cylinders / Arrangement:4 / In-Line 
Valves no.:8
Compression ration: 
Performance [kW] / RPM:78 (106 PS) @ 4000
Torque [Nm] / RPM:240 @ 2000      (~ 177 ft/lb)
Bore x Stroke [mm]:76 x 80 
Notemotor Renault

Edited by GSX600FMAN - 06 Sep 2010 at 10:22pm
pandjh View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pandjh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2010 at 8:09am
Any mechanics/engineers out there to answer this one?  I would've gone for a gear change at 2900 to keep the engine in the steeply rising upward curve, ie before the power increase starts to drop off and the line flattens out.

Also, what would be the best revs for the best MPG (if that can even be worked out from this graph).
2015 QQ 1.2 Dig-T N-Tec+, Black
Previously 2009 QQ 1.5dCi Acenta, Black
jerry2604 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerry2604 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2010 at 8:24pm
Just looked at the Graph thet GSXFman has posted and it doesn't marry with the info on the table below it. Power is claimed in the chart at 78kW but graph peaks at 63ish. Likewise Torque is claimed at 240Nm at 2000 rpm but graph only reaches about 203 Nm. Wonder if the plotted lines are correct but the scales are out or whether its completely the wrong graphExclamation.

With regard to Pandjh 's enquiry its horses for courses. Change gear where engine is at peak performance  - which is usually where torque and power lines cross for maximum accelerationNuke. BUT for maximum economy you just tickle the car along using minimum revs and throttle openings with the biggest gear the car will comfortably carry for the road conditions and gradient - at all times.Stern Smile
THIS WILL of course make traffic behind you very cross with you  thoughBig smile.

Digster View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Digster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2011 at 6:07pm
i suppose at the end of the dy you need to think whats myneeds do i need a 2ltr to fly aroundor scretch away at the lights or do i need a vec tht will give me a good ful retun in a 15dci it will be loded with goodes an is realy comfertablt drve i had my mates new QQ for a week befor xmas i asked him if it was a 2ltr as the drive was grate pulling away at the lights was supper i dont no how fast you need to go but it was grate comfort it was better than some of the big expencive cars i have driven in the snow fantastic yes there is diffrent types of snow as i found out on discovery channal theres the wet stuff which is very icey and there is sticky snow good for snow balls and powder that driffts any way had no problems geting up my hill in it while others spun and parked at the bottom i cant wait to get mine when it comes ??? pass its a lottery may be feb now that will be 7 months Clown
2011 LOVELY NEW COLOUR RED TEKNA GRATE ALLOYS MUDFLAPS WHAT A DREAM :)))))
2Fat2Bald View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2Fat2Bald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2011 at 3:26pm

I have the 2.0 DCI auto. It has the fuel consumption of a battleship!

CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2011 at 3:29pm
lol i wanted the 2.0 dci next 2f2b, with the fuel prices rising and rising i think ill give it a pass
The bard View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The bard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2011 at 3:42pm
I have a 2 litre auto fwd and get about 49mpg on steady motorway run and 36-39 mixed motoring. With extra torque of 2 litre engine, 6th gear is very high - at 70 it is 'ticking over' at about 1900 rpm.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic