UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > J11 Qashqai 2014 - > Nissan Qashqai J11 Engine Range > 1.5 L I4 (Diesel)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

1.5 DCi Engine Remap 2010

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vixx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1.5 DCi Engine Remap 2010
    Posted: 29†Sep†2010 at 3:01pm
Hey guys, 

I've been driving my qashqai since i took delivery in may. Been really happy with it looks good inside out and at as I'm only 22 and the qashqai looks like a 4x4 it makes me feel special (king of the road) anyways 

i've done 5700 miles and am getting around 43 mpg in mine and i'd like to get it remapped i've heard i could get around 135bhp and 310 nm of torque from getting a remap done.

has anyone ever got a remapped done and if so what are the advantage/disadvantages/effects of getting it done and does it effect the mpg etc 

Thank u
HarryN-TEC View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarryN-TEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29†Sep†2010 at 4:21pm
There was a thread on that a while ago, put remap into search function to find it.  Smile
vixx View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vixx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29†Sep†2010 at 4:27pm
cheers mate!! Smile
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29†Sep†2010 at 4:29pm
These are the guys you want

maybe worth getting Graig on the case for discounts as I know they were offering discounts to MGRover.org  members a while ago.
2nd QQ ..June 2013 Black +2 360.. After moustaches in Movember, all those beards in Decembeard, I'm not looking forward to Fanuary
Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29†Sep†2010 at 4:33pm
vixx please dont waste your money

it was proven on the tv recently by top mechanics that they do not work on small engines ,they tested a £300 chip and trying it on the best settings it actually made the car worse 

only letting you know what i saw before you blow your money
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
vixx View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vixx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29†Sep†2010 at 4:40pm
Hey guys,

Thank u ericos for the site a really good one too, 

Craigfishin i think ur right my mates were saying to no matter what u think at the end of the day it just a 1.5 and i think it has adequate power/mpg already, its just a little slow at the lights but everywhere else it does the jobSmile.And its new so i might as well leave it, as it is. 
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29†Sep†2010 at 4:44pm
I agree with you, I wouldnt waste my money either, I just remember the name from seeing it on the other site, but apparently they are 1 of the better companies if you are into that sort of thing.
2nd QQ ..June 2013 Black +2 360.. After moustaches in Movember, all those beards in Decembeard, I'm not looking forward to Fanuary
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarryN-TEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29†Sep†2010 at 4:45pm
Wise decision vixx spend your pennies on a SAC and join the club.  LOL
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29†Sep†2010 at 5:09pm
a good air induction kit will give you better acceleration mate ,i have the 1.5 and know exactly what you mean about slightly sluggish first gear but this will help as it gives a much better burn when allowing more air in. 
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
Cowpers View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
THE DARK LORD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cowpers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29†Sep†2010 at 5:09pm
Or join NSAC and make a guaranteed saving of £15....LOL
1.5Dci Tekna, Pearl Black, 60 Plate
1.6Dci Tekna with Stop/Start Pearl Black 63 plate
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29†Sep†2010 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by Cowpers Cowpers wrote:

Or join NSAC and make a guaranteed saving of £15....LOL

I'll sign up for that Wink
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29†Sep†2010 at 6:27pm
actually there only £7.99 ,alot cheaper than having all your windows replaced after a visit from the SAC lol 
Cowpers View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
THE DARK LORD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cowpers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29†Sep†2010 at 6:41pm
LOL Do I detect a hint of desperation here...so they reduced the price by 50%?...this gives some clue as to the quality of this item.

You know one day we will both end up at a meet..I can see myself saying "Actually..it looks quite good"....you pause for an bit and say..."Nah its crap LOL"
1.5Dci Tekna, Pearl Black, 60 Plate
1.6Dci Tekna with Stop/Start Pearl Black 63 plate
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29†Sep†2010 at 7:20pm
no they have always been that price ,like you didnt know!!!!! youve been on the halfords web site eyeing them up ,admit it

there a status symbol , the SAC is going to be bigger than microsoft 
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarryN-TEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29†Sep†2010 at 7:52pm
Or the Sinclair C5  LOL
vassili View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vassili Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30†Sep†2010 at 12:11am
vixx perhaps craig knows of this i heard there is a power boost valve you fit ti dci's and it has the potential to return an increase in bhp by as much as 25% its a kit for self fit but can be fitted by pros.
they don't recommend it for petrol models as the increase is hardly worth it it but diesels hey that's a different ball park,lots of power to be got out of these engines and turbots without the need for chipping 
vassili
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30†Sep†2010 at 12:14am
dont think i have but i like the sound of it
vassili View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vassili Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30†Sep†2010 at 12:15am
there's an American company doing  gizmo's for the diesel discovery's intake.
based on an impeller fan to distribute air better for better atomisation   perhaps it might be worth looking into
vassili
vassili View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vassili Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30†Sep†2010 at 12:16am
i will see if i can find the link again
vassili
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30†Sep†2010 at 12:18am
oh is that that little tin fan looking thing ,ive seen that before
vassili View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vassili Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30†Sep†2010 at 12:22am
yeah i think there is one for each inlet port electrically operated it boosts the air that has already been boosted by the turbo
vassili
vassili View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vassili Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30†Sep†2010 at 12:24am
the finer the air to fuel ratio mix is its better combustion.
read somewhere the japs had done this using water as a fuel under compression they actually got it to perform well
vassili
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30†Sep†2010 at 12:25am
oh no the one i saw wasnt electric ,it was just a fan shaped insert to make the air going through it start to spiral so when it hits the piston chamber it has a tornado effect happening which improves the burn
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30†Sep†2010 at 12:25am
LOL - the tin fan is a total waste of time.
As for  the valve surely its just a variable boost control which are great until you are tempted to turn it up too much then its bye bye engine.
All these things will shoot your insurance up (if declared). Why not just get the bigger engine in the 1st place if you need more powerWink

Edited by ericos - 30†Sep†2010 at 12:28am
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30†Sep†2010 at 12:30am
as we said mate its just pulling away in first is a bit sluggish then the power kicks in and its fine ,if there was something to help that and it worked i would definately get one, but there are so many items that promise this but does'nt deliver so im wary of all
vassili View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vassili Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30†Sep†2010 at 12:30am
yeah craig thats the one i had on my disco but the electric one seems more controlable,as for to much boost and temted to turn it up ericos people who do that and blow there engine deserve it take a look at these
there are loads around
vassili  
vassili View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vassili Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30†Sep†2010 at 12:32am
that one on my disco didn't blow my engine but knackered my pump.
proberbly kod anyway
vassili
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30†Sep†2010 at 12:38am
bad news on those particular valves it states:

Please note:
The device is not suitable for diesel engines or supercharged engines or any engine with CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission) due the lack of (or lack of variation in) manifold vacuum

so no diesels or cvt models ,so only any good for 1.6 anrd 2.0 petrol manual qq's
vassili View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vassili Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30†Sep†2010 at 12:43am
yeah m8 that was a quick search try this but like i say if your out to modify you will find something eventually 
vassili
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30†Sep†2010 at 12:46am
I agree the 1st gear is a bit short but you get used to it
You're right to be wary Craig, if these cheap miraculous gadgets worked as well as the sellers made out then the manufacturers would fit them themselves.
As for remaps it depends on what you want, map  for performance, economy or somewhere between. Wouldnt be so bad but the cost is ridulous for essentially just linking a comp to the ecu & hitting a few keys hehehe - I'll stick with Nissans best overal map (in theory anyway)Smile
vassili View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vassili Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30†Sep†2010 at 12:46am
vassili View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vassili Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30†Sep†2010 at 12:48am
this one is for 1.5 dci qashqai
vassili
BrianMay View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianMay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13†Mar†2018 at 8:47pm
My only experience was on a BMW118d - but that was a manufacturer derated engine.

My power, torque improved and the fuel consumption was boosted by about 20% - this was measured over 100,000 miles.

However, I don't think I'd do that with my 1.5 as, in order to get the performance it already has, Nissan have probably had to map the engine closer to its limit than my example above.

If you want information, have a chat with DTUK - they're very helpful.  The item is a chip which doesn't interfere with the ECU mapping but joins the system downstream of the ECU, it also 'talks' to the turbo.
It can be removed without any indication it's been there . . . 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic