UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Reception > Your first question?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

1.5 or 1.6 DCI

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wglen87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1.5 or 1.6 DCI
    Posted: 18áAugá2016 at 9:36am
Hi All,

New to the forum and hoping for a bit of advice.

I currently have a Qashqai 1.2 N-Tec+ 115 Dig-T.

The car is due to go back in the next month or so and I have decided to go for a diesel option for my next one.

I will be going for the N-Connecta version, in either Gun Metal, Blade Silver or Storm White, still deciding on the colour although I am leaning towards Gun Metal...or maybe Storm White :)

I'm torn between the 1.5 DCI (110) or the 1.6 DCI (130). I travel around 25 miles per day, mainly to and from work on a dual carriage way, then the weekend is usually city driving, into town, weekly shop etc, with the occasional long drive when we go to the caravan etc.

In terms of real world MPG, does anyone know the difference between the 2, and how much difference the extra 20 bhp makes? I usually have the little one in the car so don't need anything lightning quick, but don't want it to be too sluggish. Does anyone have experience with both?

Also, is it worth going up to the Tekna trim? The N-Tec+ has suited me very well thus far?

The car is coming via my brother in law who works for Nissan, so I can't test drive both options.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
HEWN99 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HEWN99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18áAugá2016 at 10:53am
Hi Wglen,
Welcome to the forum.
As to your predicament, as you can see by my signature, I am a fan of the 1.5dci, my trial of a 1.6dci was not worth the extra cost to buy for my usage, if towing maybe, otherwise the 1.5dci, your 25 miles daily will see to the DPF, short town trips no probs, long journey's,  great cruiser at the speed limit, Nconnecta fine, I do not like leather seats, I do not need the extra bells & whistles, this is ideal.
Good luck
Harry
57 Acenta 1.5dci Urban Silver / 08 Tekna 1.5dci Fired Iron / 10 Ntec+2 1.5dci   Mag Red
12 Ntec+2 1.6dci Flame Red / 14 Tekna 1.5dci   Flame Red / 16 NConnecta 1.5dci Flame Red
Wglen87 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wglen87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18áAugá2016 at 11:03am
Originally posted by HEWN99 HEWN99 wrote:

Hi Wglen,
Welcome to the forum.
As to your predicament, as you can see by my signature, I am a fan of the 1.5dci, my trial of a 1.6dci was not worth the extra cost to buy for my usage, if towing maybe, otherwise the 1.5dci, your 25 miles daily will see to the DPF, short town trips no probs, long journey's, ágreat cruiser at the speed limit, Nconnecta fine, I do not like leather seats, I do not need the extra bells & whistles, this is ideal.
Good luck
Harry

Thanks for your help :)

What sort of MPG have you been getting for the 1.5?
HEWN99 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HEWN99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18áAugá2016 at 12:26pm
Hi Wglen,
The 1.6dci I had, 2012 facelift model, I used to get 60 mpg over the tank full at best, mostly motor way at 60-65mph, now, with my last 2 J11 the revs are down to 1750 @ 60mph, the best recorded is 72.3 mpg, regularly about 65mpg no problem, even going to Tesco, 3 miles away, it registers 60+ by the time I get there, I have done nearly 4k miles since new on this one, and the overall average, is 60.4 at last looking, best car & engine ever, get it. Always get over 700 miles to the tank, general in this warm weather 750, same as old 1.6dci , but 2 gallons less.
57 Acenta 1.5dci Urban Silver / 08 Tekna 1.5dci Fired Iron / 10 Ntec+2 1.5dci   Mag Red
12 Ntec+2 1.6dci Flame Red / 14 Tekna 1.5dci   Flame Red / 16 NConnecta 1.5dci Flame Red
Wglen87 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wglen87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18áAugá2016 at 12:29pm
Thanks again HEWN99
scimitargtc View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scimitargtc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18áAugá2016 at 2:06pm
i have exactly thE same dilemma = was after a tekna but n-connecta possibly pre-owned with exec pack seems more sense - needs to be auto (I like cvt - had an auris with one - brill) & IN gun metal grey - write ups of 1.6 say noisier than 1.5 and both sons say the extra 20bhp won't be noticed - I remain to be convinced - sons c4 petrol 110bhp ain;t no ball of fire compared to wifes c4 1.6 hdi egs and eldests leon `140bhp sweeps the board with all of them and my company 1.7astra
Wglen87 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wglen87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18áAugá2016 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by scimitargtc scimitargtc wrote:

i have exactly thE same dilemma = was after a tekna but n-connecta possibly pre-owned with exec pack seems more sense - needs to be auto (I like cvt - had an auris with one - brill) & IN gun metal grey - write ups of 1.6 say noisier than 1.5 and both sons say the extra 20bhp won't be noticed - I remain to be convinced - sons c4 petrol 110bhp ain;t no ball of fire compared to wifes c4 1.6 hdi egs and eldests leon `140bhp sweeps the board with all of them and my company 1.7astra

The N-Connecta comes with the comfort pack which I currently have, leather heated seats and the other bits and pieces the Tekna trim brings, I think I could manage without. I shouldn't miss what I have never had :)

For my driving style, I think the 1.5 110 will suit me, I expect it to be a bit less punchy than the 1.6 130 but no cause a major issue. A friend of mine has the same car, but not the comfort pack, and I think they are happy for me to have a quick test drive, so that should help with the decision.
Gollum View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gollum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18áAugá2016 at 4:23pm
Why not pop to Evans Halshaw and take a couple of "Test Drives" and make your decision based on that?

Aiden
2013 QQ 360 1.5 dci
Hound View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18áAugá2016 at 4:43pm
It's the torque that makes a difference with the 1.6 - 236 ft-lb compared to the 1.5's 192 - basically 23 per cent more grunt. Making the power at lower revs makes the 1.6 feel like it's not working too hard.

1.5 is quieter (belt drive, not chain) and seems to have the best fuel economy. Just needs more revs to get the power when needed.

If you want auto, though, your choices are still the 1.2 petrol or 1.6 diesel - or there's the 1.5 auto in a Renault Kadjar!
scimitargtc View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scimitargtc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18áAugá2016 at 7:18pm
true re the auto needs to be the 1.6 so that's 1 decision sorted
Qashqainewbie View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Qashqainewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18áAugá2016 at 7:22pm
I tried the 1.5 and the 1.6, and felt the 1.6 was much better for my needs. I've never had any issues with DPF's on the two cars I've previously owned with them fitted, but on the 1.6 their potential problems are almost eliminated. I don't get anywhere near 60 mpg though, and I drive quite a few miles at 40 mph plus, with not much stop and start driving. I would usually get around 53 mpg, the extra torque on the M9M engine, gives you plenty of power when overtaking at around 40 or 50 mph, just my opinion of course.
2017 1.2 Dig-T Accenta
2012 Qashqai 1.6Dci Techna white

Hard work after a GTD, but getting there.
Peter729 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter729 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09áSepá2016 at 2:24pm
I have decided to order a new 1.5 DCI Tekna, like many who posted above I was not sure if I should go for the 1.5 or the 1.6. I test drove a 1.5 and it seemed just fine, based on the comments above the 1.5 will suit my needs.

I don't tow anything
My boy racer days are behind meCry
Normally there will only be 2 of us in the car

I am breaking with tradition and going for magnetic red instead of the usual white.

Looking forward to it

Peter729 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter729 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17áSepá2016 at 1:32pm
Off to order the new 1.5 DCI Tekna on Monday Big smile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic