UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > J10 Qashqai 2006 - 2013 > Nissan Qashqai J10 Engine Range > 1.5 L K9K I4 (diesel)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

1.5dci DPF

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pollytee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2010 at 10:52pm
Thanks for that. 

Just wondering if my car has a dpf, and the one that I had my test drive in didn't would make any difference to the sound of the engine.

HarryN-TEC View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarryN-TEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2010 at 10:57pm
The dpf only started in the 1.5dci engines after Sept, I picked mine up in Sept 14th and it had no dpf. Engine is noisier than the petrol cars I had but not excessive as you are describing.
38.5mph although not great, mine is about 40mph, but the engine has to loosen up a bit which they reckon between 5.000/10,000 miles before you get the real benefit of a diesel engine. I may be wrong but am sure someone will correct me.  Thumbs Up 
pollytee View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pollytee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2010 at 4:47pm

Have had a look and don't think that I have one of them there dpf thingies and there is no warning light so that sounds like good news.

Next step is to go back to dealer and ask for a drive in the another 1.5 dci and also to see it from cold start as I do get rather a lot of smoke even though I wait for the glowie thing and then wait a little before pulling off.

I really love my car but am disappointed by the noisy engine and smoke.  My husband drives a transit and even that is quieter then my qq, and no smoke.  Thinking now may be i should have had a Kuga.

Will have to wait till after Christmas now.
GSX600FMAN View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSX600FMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2010 at 6:51pm
In my opinion you should find the smoke and the noise reduce once the weather here (UK) gets better and a few degrees above freezing. The smell may be due to low temperatures too as it clings to the ground and hangs around the car while stationary. I go out and sit in the car for about 15 minutes most mornings now to warm it up for my wife. It's been down to -9° and best of -2° lately.
Ordered QQ+2 Tekna 1.5 black on 20/4/10 expected 10/7/10. Collected on 19/7/10
pollytee View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pollytee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2010 at 7:25pm
Thanks for that. 

I would like to think so, but have had the car since August and it has always been noisy and smokey.

GSX600FMAN View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSX600FMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2010 at 7:45pm
Ah! Well that's different. Mine only started sounding a little noisier and giving the extra 'smoke' since the cold weather from about mid to late November. If this had been an older car I would have tried an upper cylinder lubricant, like Redex in the past. But as long as it's still performing (40MPG currently in this weather, with lots of 'warming up' and waiting with engine on where normally I wouldn't) I will leave it as I'm not worried.

Edited by GSX600FMAN - 19 Dec 2010 at 7:46pm
Ordered QQ+2 Tekna 1.5 black on 20/4/10 expected 10/7/10. Collected on 19/7/10
nebo View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2010 at 10:25pm
Hi thanks all for your help , just to update you I picked up my car today and no DPf light comes on when ignition switch is put on  so I have to confirm that I am sure Craigfishin was right contrary to what Nissan customer support told me and the staff in the dealership it seems that there was no dpf fitted .
But a word of comfort to anyone who is worried about DPFs , the dealer assured me that the only people who ever have trouble with them is " these old gits who never use their cars and drive around at 20 mph everywhere " Big smile I think I might have fitted into the old git catagoryCry but thankfully I usually manage to exceed the speed limit daily .
I look forward to the car beeing a good trouble free one as its my first Nissan
ps you should get commission from nissan craigfishin because you were the man that gave me the confidence to ignore nissan staff and  go ahead and buy the car.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic