UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > J10 Qashqai 2006 - 2013 > Nissan Qashqai J10 Engine Range > 1.5 L K9K I4 (diesel)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

1.5dci DPF

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neilgtti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1.5dci DPF
    Posted: 09 Mar 2010 at 9:57pm
Hi everyone.
I've got a 2.0l petrol acenta that I've had for a couple of years now, and have been more than happy with it.

But its time for a change and I've ordered a new 1.5dci acenta to take advantage of the better fuel economy.

But now after having ordered it, I'm reading a few horror stories about DPF filters. I know the 2.0dci has one fitted, but does anyone know if it comes fitted to the 2010 1.5?

Most of my mileage will be running around town. I'm beginning to have doubts now.

Anyone's help will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Neil H
crusader2497 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crusader2497 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2010 at 12:09am
dpf only fitted to the 2.0dci not present in 1.5 dci Neil
2010 1.5dci QQ Acenta /Faded Denim
spike View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2010 at 6:26pm
Neil, the 1.5 QQ+2 has a dpf, but not sure if the QQ 1.5 has one fitted.
2007 1.6 Acenta Fired Iron
2009 1.5 dCi+2 Pearl Black
2011 1.6 SVE Nightshade
2014 1.6 dCi SVE Magnetic Red
2016 1.2 SV Black
2018 1.2 SV Grey
crusader2497 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crusader2497 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2010 at 6:28pm
surely the qq+2 has the same 1.5dci engine as the non +2 ?
2010 1.5dci QQ Acenta /Faded Denim
Mr Welling View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Welling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2010 at 12:28am
Well my 1.5dci n-tec has no DPF and was made in November last year.

A quick call to your dealer will sort out any worries you have mate.
n-tec 1.5DCi Nightshade...the wait is over! What a car, love every aspect of it.
QashquiSi View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QashquiSi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2010 at 8:22am
I'm sure our +2 1.5dci does.

How do you tell (visually)?

Simon
Hanzo View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hanzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2010 at 8:35am
The +2 only comes with a DPF, atleast thats what I was told when we ordered ours. The normal QQ does not, but one cant be fittet if you fancy one (why on earth would you...)

So I was forced to go with the lovly DPF cause the wife wants the option of packing half the house when we drive to and from work...
neilgtti View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neilgtti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2010 at 3:50pm
Thanks for reply guys. I think I'll just ask my dealer, but I'm not sure that I trust them though. I would like to think that anything as potentially expensive (for those who only do lots of short journeys round town) would have been pointed out before I made the order. Then again, we're talking about car dealers now!!
Jacka View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2010 at 1:55pm
The 1.5 doesn't have a DPF, however I was told the issue with the dpf was people are buying the 2.0 but not not giving it enough of a run out to burn off the residual fuel the gets left.  it's fine if you are commuting 20 miles per day but if you are only going backwards and forwards to school around the corner then the build up doesn't get burned off. 
pandjh View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pandjh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2010 at 2:00pm
Note: there is a page in the mk1 manual that says the oil options for the K9K engine varies depending on whether the DPF is fitted...   The 1.5dci uses the K9K....      
2015 QQ 1.2 Dig-T N-Tec+, Black
Previously 2009 QQ 1.5dCi Acenta, Black
barbus View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barbus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2010 at 12:47am
ERE i was told i have a dpf on my acenta 1.5 dciShocked  4 days old nowSmile  Gaz
Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2010 at 6:37am
i doubt it barbus dont think the euro 5 engine is on new cars yet (1.5) ,yours will be euro4 but check withn the dealer
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
Dobbie View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2010 at 11:54am
Hi Guys, somewhere there is a thread relating 5to this issue,
If I rember correctly?? the dpf will be fitted to all 1.5 dci models from September this year,
I'll try and find original thread!!!
1.5dci N-tec in Cafe-Latte, delivered 17th June,
360 Black, 1.6 Petrol due June 2013
barbus View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barbus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2010 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by craigfishin craigfishin wrote:

i doubt it barbus dont think the euro 5 engine is on new cars yet (1.5) ,yours will be euro4 but check withn the dealer

I will email him later old bean, but he did make an effort to tell me what to do when the dpf light came on after telling me it had a dpfWink mind you he had just come back off holidayLOL
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2010 at 3:29pm

the first dpf 1.5 engines not due to be delivered on cars for a couple of months so i think your ok m8

2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
neilgtti View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neilgtti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2010 at 9:28pm
I've had my 1.5 dci for about 6 weeks now, and most of its journeys have been around town. I haven't had any problems at all so far, so it looks like everything is ok. Thanks for all the replys guys.
SH4NE View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SH4NE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2010 at 6:22pm
to DPF or not to DPF that is the question and what on earth is a dpf anyway does it turn me qq into chity chity bang bang or sommat special if not i dont want it and if i have it i'll ignore it
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2010 at 10:25am
Originally posted by SH4NE SH4NE wrote:

to DPF or not to DPF that is the question and what on earth is a dpf anyway does it turn me qq into chity chity bang bang or sommat special if not i dont want it and if i have it i'll ignore it

Basically, it's what they fitted to the 'better for the environment than petrol' diesel engines when they discovered that the soot they spew out is more harmful to the environment than CO2.

QQ5 (YES 5...!!) 2017 Vivid Blue DIG-T 115 X-Tronic Tekna+
barbus View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barbus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2010 at 11:03pm
Well contacted the dealer and YES it does have a dpf on itWink and hes sorting out  for a technition to take alook at my none functioning clock , such a nice chappieLOL Gaz
JimmyTech View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimmyTech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2010 at 2:17pm
You can get the 1.5 diesel K9K with or without DPF.
The easiest way to check visually of your qq has DPF is to look under the bonnet, where the air scoop clips onto the slam panel. Just behind that (between the slam panel and the battery) there will be either one or two control units. If you have one small unit (glow control unit) you dont have dpf, if you have two units (the dpf unit is about twice the size and to the left of the glow unit), then you have dpf. Hey presto!
nebo View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2010 at 1:31am
hi,
 it wouldnt be possible for you or anyone  to put a photo up of the bit in the engine to look at , Ive ordered a 1 yr old 1.5 cdi and its coming in for me to test drive soon , would be useful for me to know where to look as under a bonnet of a deisel is alien territory to me Cry
hope it is possible but i know it might not be poss thanks for your  post anyway its very usefull.

CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2010 at 1:37am
1year old? so is it a pre facelift mate?
if its one year old im pretty sure it wont have a dpf, fishin has the 1.5 dci on a facelift, on a 10 plate and it has no dpf, think it has to be within the last 5-6 months for the 1.5 to have dpf
im sure someone will correct me soon lol
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2010 at 1:50am
no dpf on the 1.5 until sept this year
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2010 at 1:57am
thanks fishin
nebo View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2010 at 10:57pm
oh guys I do so hope you are right  I emailed nissan customer services last night and this is their response :-
"Thank you for your e-mail to Nissan regarding your NIssan Qashqai.  We can confirm that a 2009 Nissan Qashqai will have a DPF, however with proper engine management no issue should arise with it.

We recommend that you contact your selling dealer who will be able to advise you in further deatil regarding the DPF and also whether or not they would recommend removing it."

spelling mistakes are theirs so I am hoping that their knowledge of dpf's on 2009 models is wrong too , I get the feeling that you guys know better than them , as I dont drive on motorways daily I dont relish the thought of getting a diesel car to save costs on fuel only to have to drive to my nearest motorway to boot it for half an hour just to burn soot off .. oh im not wanting to buy this car now unless it has no dpf . better to  lose my £100 deposit methinks Ouch woe is me lol I will let you know if it turns out to have a dpf

CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2010 at 11:06pm
well a 2009 qashqai will have a dpf, but not a 1.5 dci 2009 qashqai, the 2.0 diesel has the dpf on a 2009, this could be a mis understanding on nissans part.

if you ask the dealership they will confirm it, but im pretty sure it wont do,

Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2010 at 11:24pm
nebo i guarantee you a 2009 1.5dci does not have a dpf , yes craig is right the 2.0dci did but never the 1.5 until sept this year 
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2010 at 11:26pm
knew you would be along soon enough fishin.
Cowpers View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
THE DARK LORD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cowpers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2010 at 12:41am
If you can get access to a manual for the 2010 facelift Qashqai it shows you a picture of the two engines types, they look quite different.  The euro 5 K9K has the DPF.

A euro 5 K9K has a distinctive pipe (2-3" diameter) crossing the main engine block (front to back). 

Edited by Cowpers - 17 Dec 2010 at 12:43am
1.5Dci Tekna, Pearl Black, 60 Plate
1.6Dci Tekna with Stop/Start Pearl Black 63 plate
nebo View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2010 at 8:07pm
good men I am keeping my fingers crossed.I went to  the dealership today and they said it would have a dpf but told me they had never had a case of dpf trouble , as I have already signed the contract and paid a deposit I am putting my faith in God , Craig and Fishin  Wink
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2010 at 8:24pm
i really cant believe your dealer thinks a 1.5dci 2009 prefacelift would have one , thats incredible  
Deadly Nightshade View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deadly Nightshade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2010 at 8:30pm
You have to remember you're dealing with salesmen! Their font of technical knowledge usually runs dry once the bonnet release cable is pulled!!
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2010 at 8:35pm
think your right mate lol
pollytee View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pollytee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2010 at 10:36pm
Please can someone tell me what a DPF is and what it does.  I have a 1.5dci ntec  that was registered in July this year.  Since taking delivery of it I have not been totally happy with the engine noise as it seems much noisier than the one I test drove which was 07 1.5d and seemed a lot quieter than mine.  It has been back to the dealer 3 times, and was there all of last week.

They agreed that there was a noise and thought it was the injectors.  So took the injectors of a donor vehicle that had only covered 25 miles and put them on my car this didn't make any difference and they say that the other vehicle sounded the same as mine.  So basicallly they can't find anything wrong.  Sometimes there is also smoke on cold start up that you can actually smell in the car but they say this is normal.  A neighbour has the same engine with none of the problems that I have.  I have only covered 2200 miles and am getting around 38.5 mpg.

Would welcome any information anyone has to offer. 

Thanks
JimmyTech View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimmyTech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2010 at 10:46pm
Sounds like you have a leaky exhaust, not uncommon, the exhaust manifold gasket can leak and also the front pipe join can leak. The fact you can smell something in the car makes me think its the exhaust.

the DPF is a diesel particulate filter, another way of reducing emisions from the engine, waste of time if you ask me, just like the EGR valve, it reduces engin performance and gives you loads of grief.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic