UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > J10 Qashqai 2006 - 2013 > Nissan Qashqai J10 Engine Range
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

1.5dci power loss

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scoobystig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1.5dci power loss
    Posted: 15áSepá2017 at 8:20am
Good morning

I have a 1.5dci MY12 qashqai

Recently I am suffering intermittent power loss from above 3000 revs, the car stutters and then won't rev changing down compounds the problem by loosing more speed
At times I have found myself at 40mph on the hard shoulder waitin for it to sort itself out
After a while it sorts Itself out and is fine

Sometimes it brings no lights on in the dash
Sometimes red engine management light along with ESP and the light next to it (can't remember)
Sometimes these will then stay on until ignition is turned off and on
Sometimes the Red light switches itself off

I've had green flag out to read the codes. But there is none stored and so they can't shed any light on the issue
I'm loathed to take to Nissan as they will want ú80 odd quid to read the non existent codes !!!

Last time it lost power it was the turbo inlet pipe which I replaced and it's been fine
The car has done 50k miles and is up and down motorway most days so the DPF shouldn't be clogged and I've also run a Forte cleaner through about 3 tanks ago

Can anyone suggest something as I'm literally just waiting to break down somewhere !!!!

Thanks
Tiffany View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15áSepá2017 at 9:17am
Have you changed the fuel filter?
2017 X-Trail N Vision 1.6 DIG-T Storm White.
Scoobystig View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scoobystig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15áSepá2017 at 7:57pm
The green flag engineer didn't seem to think that was an issue

I haven't changed it, do you think it's worth an investigation ?

Is it a simple job ?

Edited by Scoobystig - 15áSepá2017 at 7:57pm
Tiffany View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15áSepá2017 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by Scoobystig Scoobystig wrote:

The green flag engineer didn't seem to think that was an issue

I haven't changed it, do you think it's worth an investigation ?

Is it a simple job ?

Asking because if OEM filters aren't used it can cause problems.

Also if you used Forte DFC that can kill any bacteria in your tank, lines pump etc to die. It end up as. Black slime that blocks the filter.

Check he label on the bottle to see if it's the one that contains a biocide. I did hear thy brought a new one out that didn't have biocide in it.
Tiff
2017 X-Trail N Vision 1.6 DIG-T Storm White.
Scoobystig View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scoobystig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16áSepá2017 at 12:04am
Yes I did check that before getting it

In fairness it did this before I ran that through it, but could still be blocked fuel filter

But in general it seems down on power, my wife has the juke with the same engine in, and whilst I appreciate the juke is lighter, it really feels like a different engine

Loads of power and quick off the mark, the qashai just feels wallowy
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic