UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > J10 Qashqai 2006 - 2013 > Nissan Qashqai J10 Engine Range > 1.6 L HR16DE I4 (Petrol)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

1.6 burbling

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thRONe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1.6 burbling
    Posted: 10 May 2010 at 9:31pm
Delighted with my new facelift Acenta, but have noticed a "Burble" sound when accelerating. Sounds a bit like  my Mini used to sound when the exhaust was loose.
Has anyone else had this? It certainly was not present on the previous Acenta. But before I take it in for check, would like to know if it is normal.
1.6 Acenta Flame Red 2008
1.6 Acenta Cafe Latte 2010
1.6 Acenta Magnetic red 2012
From 1/9/14 VW Polo, £20 tax, handbrake, full size spare wheel, 0-62 in 9.3 secs
614cooker View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 614cooker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2010 at 1:26am
Hi it is perfectly fine. I have had the same problem with my bravo it is the exhaust system. It is the way the exhaust is designed. There is 2 things that does this the first is the drain hole that are now as standard in most modern cars to stop the exhaust from rusting inside out and to allow excess water drain and the baffles in the exhaust to make the car sound more sporty so they say. The down side is the exhaust makes a burbling noise when idle and also does this when accelerating or if there is water in the exhaust system that has not managed to drain. But if it still bothers you just book it in at the end of the day thats what the garage is there for. If it is not that then it could be a loss exhaust mount. I hope this helps.
thRONe View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thRONe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2010 at 7:39am
Thanks, will see how it goes
1.6 Acenta Flame Red 2008
1.6 Acenta Cafe Latte 2010
1.6 Acenta Magnetic red 2012
From 1/9/14 VW Polo, £20 tax, handbrake, full size spare wheel, 0-62 in 9.3 secs
Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2010 at 11:52am
i love that burble sound on pertol engines you lucky sod ,dont get it on my diesel
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
jk View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2010 at 3:11pm
i know u do ive had it on a ford ztec 1.6 petrol it had 140bhp and sound like my vw now my car vw 1.9 tdi 130pd bora turbo turns its self off sounds like concorde taking off got a milltec system with on cat in it ..........
mmm going to miss my baby vw + it sounds nice when turbo is on and just whooshs at me . nice
oh well i will have to pimp out my new baby qq when i get her

Edited by jk - 12 May 2010 at 6:52pm
jk 2010 qq tekna 1.5dci pearl black ,solar ashtray,
614cooker View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 614cooker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2010 at 9:28pm
No problem glad i could be off some help. Its amazon how much you learn when you spend over £4000 in repairs in 2 years lol. FIX IT AGAIN TOMORROW but not for much longer I have just found out my qashqai has came forward by 2 weeks instead off first week off july it has now been confirmed for 22nd june so just over a month then i will have my beautiful baby. Then it is just s 5 month count down before I become a dad. lol
Toontitan View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toontitan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2010 at 11:54am
Today's the day 614cooker Big smileThumbs Up
L8RBB View Drop Down
Acenta
Acenta

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote L8RBB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2011 at 8:24pm
Hi throne, I've just come across your question about burbling. I used to own a 09 1.6 115 ps n tec which was quite nippy. Being a car freak I changed the 09 n tec for a new 1.6 117 ps model n tec, and just like you, came across the burbling when accelerating. It sound like the timing is out. Also the engine on the 117ps car is very sluggish compared to the 09 model. Going up hill you really have to rev the backside off the car to get through the gears. To be honest, this is my third Qashqai and I love them, but I wished I had kept hold of my 09 model as the engine was better. I believe they have geared the new 117 ps engine to drop the co2 levels which has had an effect on the performance. I would rather pay the little exta on the road tax than put up with a poor performance engine. No disrespect to the wife, but even she noticed this and complained.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic