UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Diesel Heads > 1.6dCi
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

1.6 dCi DPF Question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACC3604x4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1.6 dCi DPF Question
    Posted: 08áAugá2014 at 8:57am
Hi all, 

I recently purchased a 2013 1.6 dCi 360 4x4 and have a quick question.

I read Nissan have moved the DPF up towards the engine with the aim of removing some common DPF issues, however, how do you know when the DPF is doing a regen?

I have done circa 250 miles since I picked it up and driving can be 15 miles a day upwards, including some 20 mile round trips on motorway.

How do I know when the car is doing a regen, does a light come on at all?

All you tend to read is negative comments regarding DPFs, however from my research this is not the case with new engines in QQ range, why is that?

Cheers 

Ad
2013 1.6 dCi 360 4x4
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08áAugá2014 at 9:05am
Not sure, but I damn well hope it's true.  First diesel QQ on order, just as the government finally wakes up to the sooty issue and realises they can tax the cr@p out of diesel drivers Cry.
QQ5 (YES 5...!!) 2017 Vivid Blue DIG-T 115 X-Tronic Tekna+
duncho View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duncho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08áAugá2014 at 9:15am
I don't know why Nissan don't want drivers know when regeneration is in progress. Trucks have a light to inform drivers when DPF regenerates. Anyway, you can notice it when your car has suddenly higher fuel consumption and loose a bit of power. If you stop during the soot burning (regeneration) you can sense weird smell from exhaust as well.

Edited by duncho - 08áAugá2014 at 9:15am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic