UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > J10 Qashqai 2006 - 2013 > Nissan Qashqai J10 Engine Range > 1.6 L HR16DE I4 (Petrol)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

1.6 DIG-T

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Rooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1.6 DIG-T
    Posted: 02áOctá2015 at 10:06am
Hi. I haven't seen any posts about the 1.6 DIG-T and I was wondering if anyone has one and how they are getting on with it as I am thinking of getting one as well. I have the 2l petrol at the moment and I decided on the 1.6 for the extra power when required. Any info would be gratefully received
58 2.0l
66 1.6 DIG-TInk Blue
Picasso View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Picasso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02áOctá2015 at 1:01pm
There were some probs about timing chains on early j11,,s breaking around 20/30k mark.
Tiffany View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02áOctá2015 at 1:19pm
@ Picasso, wasn't that on the 1.5 Dci ?
2017 X-Trail N Vision 1.6 DIG-T Storm White.
Picasso View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Picasso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02áOctá2015 at 1:30pm
No the 1.5 had belts the 1.6 petrol had chains, some early engines that were built in Japan had the
Timing chain prob and in the USA they were all recalled for free upgrade. Read somewhere
That some people chains were snapping after warranty needing new engines. The chains on later
Ones were redesigned. I was member of juke forum and same engine was also fitted to jukes.
Can someone correct me if I am wrong. This of course refers to the dig-t only.

Edited by Picasso - 02áOctá2015 at 1:32pm
Tiffany View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02áOctá2015 at 1:39pm
Oh my word.... That would be a right pain in the pocket
QashqaiCox View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QashqaiCox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02áOctá2015 at 2:32pm
I've just gone from a QQ 2L Tekna to the new QQ 1.6 Dig-T Tekna.

Only had a 6 days, but happy so far...

I test drove the 1.2 dig-t too and it just wasnt for me, didn't seem to rev freely, had to be revved.

Whereas the 1.6, is eager to go and spooks up quicker than the old 2L, giving a bit more acceleration and grunt.

The handling on the QQ is much better than the j10 too, clever stuff under there, allowing you corner harder and smooths out lumps and bumps effortlessly. I know this will be across the range, but feedback still.

My only gripe, is that I've got my car booked in for alloy gators tomorrow at 9am, to protect the 19" beauties, but my wife decided to remorselessly kerb the front near side wheel last night!

Grounds for divorce?

It's being debated....
2015 Qashqai Tekna, 1.6 DiG-T, Metallic Gun Metal Grey, Side Steps, Front & Rear Skid Plates, Chrome Lower Trim, Chrome Boot Trim, Collecting 26/09/15 😎
Tiffany View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02áOctá2015 at 2:36pm
Oops!
Well my hubby wrecked one of mine..... Still married , and he's a few quid lighter lol
Mrbcb View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrbcb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áDecá2016 at 9:14pm
I have been driving a Tekna 1.6 petrol turbo assisted since August. I find it to be very smooth with good acceleration. It is so smooth that I have just recd an NIP for doing 35 in a 30mph area which was a dual carriageway. I am hoping that I get offered a speed awareness course as I have a clean licence.
The car itself is the 3rd Qashqai I have had and each one has improved on the previous model. The latest one is without doubt the safest and worth the bit extra in paying for a quality motor.
Owner of Gun Metal Grey 1.6 Tekna Dig-T Qashqai (3rd Qashqai)
Udo2009 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Udo2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11áDecá2016 at 10:16am
Me thinks you are in the clear....

Quotation: "...The Association of Chief Police Officers (ACPO) has issued speed enforcement policy guidance, which suggests that enforcement will normally occur when a driver exceeds the speed limit by a particular margin. This is normally 10 per cent over the speed limit plus 2 mph. ...

Speed limit: 30 mph
ACPO charging threshold: 35 mph
Summons: 50 mph "

Quoted from http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/p_to_r/road_traffic_offences_guidance_on_fixed_penalty_notices/
Qashqai Acenta, 2,0 dCi, 110 kW, DPF, Euro5, black Z11G
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic