UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > J11 Qashqai 2014 - > Nissan Qashqai J11 Engine Range > 1.6 L I4 (Petrol)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

1.6 DIG-T

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Rooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1.6 DIG-T
    Posted: 22áAprá2016 at 10:02am
Hey there guys and gals. I am looking at upgrading my 2.0l petrol to the new 1.6 dig t model and I was wondering has anyone else on here own one. If so what do they think of it and what the mpg works out at. Any info is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
58 2.0l
66 1.6 DIG-TInk Blue
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22áAprá2016 at 12:39pm
Would be keen to know myself.

QQ5 (YES 5...!!) 2017 Vivid Blue DIG-T 115 X-Tronic Tekna+
bryan3 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bryan3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22áAprá2016 at 2:21pm
While I don't own one
I reckon if you subtract 18mpg from what ever the mixed driving mpg is said to be,that will be a mote realistic mpg to aim for.
old shape 2013 tekna 1.6dci
Newest car we have ever owned
Impith View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Impith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22áAprá2016 at 8:09pm
I've had my 1.6 Dig-T since January 2015. My average fuel consumption is currently a touch over 38 mpg overall. It regularly claims over 40 mpg on my 8 mile (varied roads) commute to work and my current 'best' mpg recorded for a complete journey is 47 mpg, although it has at various times claimed 54 mpg on a section of a reasonable motorway run.  All figures off the on-board computer so make of that what you will! Pulling away hard from a junction will significantly eat into those figures and I don't think it particularly likes tootling around town in low gear.

It certainly feels nippier than my old first generation 2.0 petrol Qashqai but does have different driving characteristics.
Qashqai 1.6 Dig-T Tekna Nightshade
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23áAprá2016 at 9:56am
So on a par with the 1.2 then - although with a bit more zip!

Am I right that they do this with a CVT in the Juke, but only as a manual in the Qashqai?

If they do it with a CVT in the Qashqai then I might be tempted. After years of driving, the novelty of changing gears wore off.
Red Rooster View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Rooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23áAprá2016 at 11:30am
Many thanks for your help Impith.
58 2.0l
66 1.6 DIG-TInk Blue
Tiffany View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23áAprá2016 at 1:16pm
My bother has a 1.6T...he loves it. Said its got pulling power, and if driven right it gives a touch more than my 1.2T , I floor my car when needed and that uses the juice   
2017 X-Trail N Vision 1.6 DIG-T Storm White.
Impith View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Impith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23áAprá2016 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by G5 BOY G5 BOY wrote:

Am I right that they do this with a CVT in the Juke, but only as a manual in the Qashqai?

My wife just got rid of her 1.6 Dig-T Juke CVT 4wd. The engine is tuned for more power in the Juke (187 bhp), and it could go fast, although compared with the manual I always found a slight delay before the auto got going.... but then, it really went...

Lovely to drive (I know some don't like the CVT box), marmite looks, but the thing she hated most was the awful fuel consumption, getting low to mid 30s on a decent run.  But that would largely be the 4wd I guess.
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Rooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23áAprá2016 at 7:45pm
Just a quickie which I can't find out, has it a timing belt or chain?
58 2.0l
66 1.6 DIG-TInk Blue
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Rooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25áAprá2016 at 8:19am
^^^^^Anyone?
58 2.0l
66 1.6 DIG-TInk Blue
MackemBaz1 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MackemBaz1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25áAprá2016 at 12:21pm
It is an excellent engine in a good car.

This would be my engine of choice if i get another QQ (that would make it number 6).

I had one as a courtesy car last week - N Connecta 1.6dig-t, you could not half tell the differance when i got back in my 1.5dci tekna.

Its the only courtesy car that ive have ever had that I did not want to hand back.

Baz 2016 GunMetal Tekna 1.5dci
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25áAprá2016 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by MackemBaz1 MackemBaz1 wrote:

Its the only courtesy car that ive have ever had that I did not want to hand back.
á

My dealer once lent me a new 370ZGT .

Now THAT'S a courtesy car I didn't want to hand back...!

ctrollen View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ctrollen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27áAprá2016 at 2:20pm
I got a Leaf when mine was in for its service yesterday. Smile
1.2 DIG-T Acenta Premium, Nightshade
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27áAprá2016 at 2:56pm
Any good?

My dealer loans those out too, although it would do nothing for my street cred LOL.

I tend to request pickup/dropoff as a norm.
balithbe View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote balithbe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27áAprá2016 at 7:26pm
I also had a Leaf as a loan car at my request while mine had its first service,was quite impressed in the way it drove,but not big enough for us as a car, didn't like the strange foot operated park brake arrangement
57 reg Qashqai 1.5dci Visia Faded Denim
61 reg Qashqai 1.5dci Ntec Magnetic Red
15 reg Qashqai 1.5dci Tekna Storm White
Mrbcb View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrbcb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27áDecá2016 at 8:54pm
I have had my Tekna 1.6 DG t  ( 65 petrol)since August and it is a great improvement on the 2011 1.6 petrol I had previously. The acceleration and driving experience is great and one feels very safe in the car with good braking and all the sensors. It is certainly worth the extra money and makes driving an enjoyable experience. I am retired so I keep off the roads during peak commuter times.
Owner of Gun Metal Grey 1.6 Tekna Dig-T Qashqai (3rd Qashqai)
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28áDecá2016 at 4:12pm
Glad to hear it. If they ever do that one with a CVT (as they do in the Juke I understand) then I might fancy that. How's the MPG?
Mrbcb View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrbcb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28áDecá2016 at 5:09pm
The mpg on the 1.6 petrol turbo is 31 around town.
I have yet to drive down to Devon , around Southampton and Winchester I have only used it for fairly short journeys up to 22 miles . During the cold spells I have had the auto air conditioning on as well as heating seats and wipers if it has been raining. I will start my economy drives during warmer weather.
Must say my wife and I like the heated seats during the cold spells.
Impith View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Impith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29áDecá2016 at 2:57pm
It is a sweet engine. Mine is just two years old (one of the first!) and (according to the trip computer) my overall average MPG is 38.4 which is made up of typically low 40s on my 8 mile commute, and I'd agree with the low 30s around town.

The best mpg currently shows as 49.9 (done by my wife, who I accept has a gentler right foot than me, but assisted in it being a journey almost entirely along the 50 mph limited stretch of roadworks on the M3). I thought I was going to beat that today as I had over 50 mpg showing about 5 miles away from home, but I was coming in through urban streets so it was down to 48 by the time I got home. Unhappy

One thing I noticed was the first part of my 200 mile journey today I was getting low 40s, the second half I got high 40s/low 50s.  The difference was the temperature - I was coming from 'up north' and the early part of the journey was at temperatures ranging between 0 and 2 degrees, the second part between 5 and 8 degrees.  I tootled along the whole time at the same sorts of speeds (65 to 70ish). 

G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29áDecá2016 at 3:10pm
On a par with the 1.2 then.
With air con on all the time I currently have a best of 43 and on a full tank across a real mixed weekend drive recently, got a manually calculated average of 38.3.
NOWHERE NEAR 50 though Nissan
Impith View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Impith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29áDecá2016 at 3:44pm
Although note that whilst the Qashqai might be the same basic engine as in the Juke, it is radically different in behaviour. The 1.6 Dig-t Juke produces (I think) 187 bhp (and the Nismo even more) and my wife's auto 4wd would struggle to get 30mpg.  Whether it *needs* the higher bhp to be paired with the auto box, I don't know. It was a really nice car to drive. But very thirsty. And with a small fuel tank, it was always at the petrol station... One of the reasons it finally went....

The manual 1.6 Dig-t paired with the Qashqai is a different proposition altogether.
Mrbcb View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrbcb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02áMará2017 at 6:36pm
Having had the Tekna 1.6 DigT for 6months being a 65 reg I can say that it is the safest car and the best car I have owned. I enjoyed the Lexus 2 ltr small saloon in 2000 but it had none of the technical features the current Qashqai has. The 2000 Celica had a good engine but was cramped inthe rear and my wife had a problem getting into it owing to a knee/ hip complaint. So it was the Qashqai and this meets all our needs. I think that the extra money for the Tekna 1.6 petrol turbo is worth it and it is a pleasure to drive. In fact it comes up trumps ( if I could use that expression at the present time.
geejay38 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geejay38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03áMará2017 at 6:40am
So are you 1.6 Dig-T owners saying this engine does not have the excessive oil
consumption of the 1.2 Dig-T engine?
I have asked this question on several occasions but to date have not had a reply in
this Forum.
1. QQ 2007 Cafe Latte -1.6 Acenta manual
2. QQ 2011 Magnetic Red-1.6 N-Tec
manual
3. QQ 2016 Grey 1.2 DiG-T N-Conn ecta
Mrbcb View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mrbcb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03áMará2017 at 9:50am
I have had the Qashqai 1.6 Dig T for 6 months. I had it serviced on picking it up. The car was 10 months old with 10000 miles on the clock. An oil check has revealed that it has used no oil after doing 1800 miles.

Edited by Mrbcb - 03áMará2017 at 9:54am
geejay38 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geejay38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03áMará2017 at 10:21am
That's reassuring as several owners of 1.2 Dig-T engine have reported excessive oil consumption when that
engine is fitted.
1. QQ 2007 Cafe Latte -1.6 Acenta manual
2. QQ 2011 Magnetic Red-1.6 N-Tec
manual
3. QQ 2016 Grey 1.2 DiG-T N-Conn ecta
Mrbcb View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrbcb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02áOctá2017 at 10:28am
Just had 2nd year service on 1.6 Dig.t Tekna Qashqai and all is well. The petrol engine has done 15000 miles and the oil levels are constant.  Had to replace front Continental tyres the other day as they do not last. This was the same on my other 2 earlier Qashqais. Now have Kumho tyres on the front and have no complaints, they drive well and are very good in wet conditions and they came at a reasonable price.
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02áOctá2017 at 11:07am
Tyres - yes the later Contis were only good for around 15k, whereas the earlier ones would last for double that.  Current models come with a variety (not on each car though...!!) according to my dealer.  Mine has Dunlop, so I will keep an eye on those.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic