Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Petrol Heads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

1.6 engine cover

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote montyb43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1.6 engine cover
    Posted: 11áJaná2013 at 9:49pm
Hi,

I've had my Qashqai for just over a month now & lovin it, but one thing that has puzzled me straight away is why the 1.6 petrol engine doesn't have a Nissan engine cover/shroud like every other QQ does! It doesn't look right not having a Nissan badge on engine. At first I thought the cover was just missing, but after hunting around on line & asking at the dealer it seems the 1.6 petrol doesn't get a Nissan badged cover.
Seems odd when the other engine variants do & every manufacturer seems to have some sort of plastic cover with their name on it under the bonnet
Does anyone know why the 1.6 doesn't get one? is it because the sits engine too high for one!

Or will a cover off another Nissan engine will fit? - looking at various photos of Nissan engines most have the same plastic inlet manifold under the covers as the 1.6 does & the covers I've seen use the same two fixing locations , the oil cap & dip stick are in the same places as well.
Might need a trip down the local breaker & see if I can find one off another Nissan to try.

cheers, a puzzled Monty Confused!!
2010 1.6i Acenta Nightshade
2015 1.2 N-Tec Bronze
Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11áJaná2013 at 10:24pm
the engine design changed a few times going by the pics that have been posted here before , i know of at least 2 variations of the 1.5dci , cowpers and mine look totally different ?? who knows why
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
MACQQ View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12áJaná2013 at 1:09pm
On the 1.5dci (of which mine is the latter upgrade) the aluminium turbo boost pipe goes over the top of the engine. There is no room above the pipe for an engine cover to fit under the bonnet. The earlier 1.5dci did have a cover but the engine was a different layout.  Having no engine cover is helpful in many ways - you can immediately see the engine.
Tekna 2012 1.5dci 2wd
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12áJaná2013 at 1:19pm
Thumbs Up
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
qashqaiman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qashqaiman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13áJaná2013 at 8:40pm
i have the 1.6 dci there is no engine cover or nissan badge on that neither
2011 qashqai tekna 1.6 dci black. with chrome fog light surrounds front & rear.sidebars.number plate surrounds door sill guards.
montyb43 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote montyb43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13áJaná2013 at 9:03pm
thanks for answers guys,
maybe its not just the 1.6 petrol then.
Just seems odd when all manufacturers like to have some form of shiny badge under the bonnet
Do Nissan actually build the 1.6 petrol engine?
I know the 1.5dci is the unit from Renault & I think Ford use it as well.
just found this image of a Mirca with the 1.6 petrol engine, so they do have a cover for it.

might try our local breakers.
My QQs just got to have a Nissan badge under the bonnet
cheers
2010 1.6i Acenta Nightshade
2015 1.2 N-Tec Bronze
Saraj View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13áJaná2013 at 9:47pm
This is mine a 1.6 petrol 2012 acenta.

No cover

Brand New Nissan Qashqai 2012 !

Love it !
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13áJaná2013 at 9:58pm
nice picture saj
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic