Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Petrol Heads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

1.6L Petrol Consumption

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1.6L Petrol Consumption
    Posted: 21 Sep 2011 at 4:17pm
As the big boys (2.0L) have been enjoying telling us how many MPG they are squeezing from their gas guzzlers, I thought I would invite the 1.6L boys (and girls) to do likewise.

The reason I ask is that I am about to commit myself to a petrol QQ (low miles precludes a diesel buy) and would appreciate some 'actual' figures from experience. 

Cheers all Smile
2012 Tekna 1.6L, Arctic White, Stone Leather
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2011 at 6:29pm

Well, mine has only done 3500 miles in 8 months, but according to the computer, which i check about once a month lol..

its about 30-32mpg, of mixed driving..
but I don't drive like miss daisy.. got a slightly heavy foot upto the speed limit(ie going from a 30 to a 60, which i do 3 times on a 3-4 mile journey to work!)

mostly just door to door for me, few journeys biggest being 420 round trip to manchester, then next step down like 80 mile round trip lol..

realistically I'd expect between 29-35 mpg door to door depending how you drive,
and 35-40 on motorways ect... (this imo is the 1.6's weakness, engine not quite big enough to get mpg as good as the 2L petrol on long journeys due to revs sitting high at 70)

i dont track my mpg much... just put in petrol when needed, and off i go feeling like ive been robbed!!
brianmf View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianmf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2011 at 10:58pm
Originally posted by Doug999 Doug999 wrote:

(low miles precludes a diesel buy)

Are you sure about that? Rumour has it that that the former DPF problem has been resolved.

Edited by brianmf - 22 Sep 2011 at 8:11am
Licensed radio ham. Urban Silver QQ Executive 2.0l petrol, CVT, 4WD (Tekna + extras).
Fee View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Mary Whitehouse

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2011 at 11:04pm
My 2009 1.6 without stop/start got in mostly urban/combined 34 mPG

I was not impressed though by the 5 speed gearbox which to me could do with a 6th gear.

Fee x
2.0 Visia 2007, 1.5 Dci Acenta 2008' 1.6 Acenta 2009 and 1.5dci N-Tec 2011....bye bye Qashqai!! hiya Juke 1.5dci NTEC
sonyboy View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sonyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2011 at 8:07am
I agree that the 1.6 needs a 6th gear,especially on the bypass or motorway when hitting 80+

on mpg getting approx 38 on every day driving, mix of town and bypass, best I have had was 45 on trip to Stirling on the motorway
2007 (07) 1.6 Acenta, Blade Silver with fek all extras :)
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2011 at 10:26am
i agree a 6th gear would really help mpg on long journeys.. just crusing
brianmf View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianmf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2011 at 10:45am
Originally posted by sonyboy sonyboy wrote:

I agree that the 1.6 needs a 6th gear,especially on the bypass or motorway when hitting 80+

ShockedShockedShocked
Licensed radio ham. Urban Silver QQ Executive 2.0l petrol, CVT, 4WD (Tekna + extras).
Ecce Signum View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Doth glance from heaven to earth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecce Signum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2011 at 11:12am
Originally posted by brianmf brianmf wrote:

Originally posted by sonyboy sonyboy wrote:

ShockedShockedShocked
I think he lives in the Edinburgh thats next to the German Autothingy ;)
Would you call a drunkard who works at an upholstery shop a recovering alcoholic?.
biker View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote biker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2012 at 4:28pm
I am getting an average of 25ish to the gallon. Mind you I have only done 15 miles so far Wink

Edited by biker - 26 May 2012 at 4:29pm
QQ+2 1.6 petrol Acenta Magnetic red.
Doug999 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2012 at 7:57pm
Since I started this thread in Sep, I ended up buying a new 1.6L in Feb.  In these 3 months I have averaged 28mpg in short commuting trips up/down steep hill for work.  Over a couple of trips to Scotland and Cornwall I have managed 39mpg in a fully loaded car doing around 70-75 on the motorways.

QQdan View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QQdan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2012 at 11:13pm
a 300 round trip to wales and back using 'A' roads and motorways averaged 40 MPG, ( thats with a loaded car and climate control running on auto ) . Around town it's more like 35 MPG.
'57 Tekna 1.6
sadsod View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sadsod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2012 at 12:10am
Think I averaged around 35mpg on our  1.6 QQ we did motorway once a week about 70 round trip plus north of england for holidays, that was usually when I felt the need of a 6th gear, but it wasnt that bad!
I know there are graph experts around this forum and I am sure I have seen it somewhere that shows  kind of time/milage against purchase price of vehicle and how long it takes to break even on costs of diesel car against saving made buying a petrol model. in other words you can buy a lot of petrol for the diffence in purchase price and it depends on annual milage and how long you keep car.
Any graph people want to give it a shot.?
sadsod View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sadsod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2012 at 12:29am
Ssssstevo View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ssssstevo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2012 at 12:52am
I'm quite pleased with the mpg on mine.
In fact, it's about the only thing I'm pleased with at the mo.
Drives an 09 plate Caffe Latte Visia - and LOVIN' it !!!
biker View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote biker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2012 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by biker biker wrote:

I am getting an average of 25ish to the gallon. Mind you I have only done 15 miles so far Wink

550 miles now in the QQ+2. Averaging 37 MPG. That is more than I was getting from my A class 1.6 Blue efficiency (stop/start).
Technics View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2012 at 5:06pm

I've just read with interest the fuel figures for other member's 1.6 Qashqais. Being on the older side, I tend to drive steadily on dual carriageways at about 60 MPH and can, on long runs, get an average of 50 to the gallon. Even on local runs, I usually get around 40. So it's up to the driver on how thirsty their cars are. I'm not saying everyone should drive like me but good returns are possible.
Mike
2009 Qashqai N-Tec - Silver - 1.6 Petrol
kittie View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kittie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 9:40am
I've had mine about 2 1/2 weeks now and done just over 600 miles - all local runs maximun about 13 miles at a time. I am keeping a record of what I put in and when so I can work it out. I am getting just over 35 to the gallon at the mo. I have also been keeping an eye on the little symbol of the gear stick which indicates when you should change up or down as I was told this could improve the rate. But I was going uphill the other day doing 30mph in 4th gear when it told me to change up! I did so but then the engine felt as if it was labouring. I always thought you should only go into 5th gear when you reach 40+ mph. Any comments? 
Ssssstevo View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ssssstevo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 11:27am
I wouldn't take advice on gear changing from a machine Kittie.
I would use your own judgement on that, which is no doubt better ;)
Drives an 09 plate Caffe Latte Visia - and LOVIN' it !!!
gadget View Drop Down
Drop in and Say Hello Moderator
Drop in and Say Hello Moderator
Inspector

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gadget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 12:08pm
Our 1.5 diesel sits in 5th at 30ish quite nicely, but I remember our old petrol Rav used to judder like mad if we were doing anything less than 45 in 5th. 
2007 Acenta 1.5dci in Black with Panoramic Sunroof. Connect System. Boot & Door Sill Plates. Removable Towbar.
kittie View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kittie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 1:35pm
Well said! I was just experimenting but think I will stick to what I know!!!
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 4:36pm
Reckon Mine would stall doin 30 uphill in 5th.....

Edited by Affman - 10 Jul 2012 at 4:37pm
2011 Qashqai 2.0Ntec+2,Gun Met.Chrome Pack,SideBars,Window Trims,Rear Fog Bezals,Boot Handle,Bumper Trim,Skid Plate,Blue Int. LEDs 6.5yrs off happy 7 Seater motoring and still looks the nads..👍
Doug999 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 8:09pm
The up arrows are only worth following when driving on a flat road.  My Tekna has lots of gadgets but I am confident it is incapable of sensing whether it is going up or down a hill.
Saraj View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2012 at 1:35pm
Im doing about 31mpg at the moment, it got delivered to with 34, but that dropped down to 22mpg and ive managed to build it back up again, but then again only about 250 miles on it so far !
Brand New Nissan Qashqai 2012 !

Love it !
kittie View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kittie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2012 at 7:01pm
I have continued to monitor mine and have managed to get it up to 36.7! Have now done some 1250 miles in the five weeks we have had the car. Still really pleased with it and such fun to drive!!!
Technics View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2012 at 8:56pm
You should be getting a lot more than that. Just returned from a weekend in Aberdeen (Return journey of 240 miles mainly dual carriageway) Trip computer showing 45.8 which I am more than satisfied with.
Mike
Mike
2009 Qashqai N-Tec - Silver - 1.6 Petrol
kittie View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kittie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2012 at 9:13pm
I do very short journeys - max about 13 miles at a time so don't expect much more. Haven't done any longer ones yet.
biker View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote biker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2012 at 3:44pm
At about 2000 miles now. MPG up to 39.1 and slowly increasing. It is a +2 
Tony C View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2012 at 4:54pm
Anyone taking the displayed mpg as gospel should be aware that it is only an estimate.

I've compared the displayed mpg reading on mine with actual consumption (miles run divided by petrol put in) over 4k+ miles - and found that my "true" consumption is about 2 mpg worse than the figure displayed.
2012 2.0 +2 N-Tec+ 4WD CVT in Nightshade
DCQQ View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DCQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2012 at 5:00pm
Ok been offline for a few weeks... My QQ has managed just over 3000 miles now... I've drove it carefully for the first 2500 miles ( kept between 60-70 and didn't over rev etc) and can happily report that I'm now gettting between 45-50Mpg on a daily 75 mile journey that includes some B roads A roads and Motorway.

The weekend in town driving certainly takes the mileage down a bit. I've also not fully emptied the tank ... refill at 1/4 full and I'm chuffed that I fill up for just over £60 ( this week was £62.56) and I'll easily get my weeks worth of driving from that.  I used to fill up with my old zaffy at about £75-£80 so the QQ is a money saver for me.

All in all I'm really pleased with the QQ.
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2012 at 7:48pm
45-50 MPG...... ...this is a petrol thread?......reckon with those figures Nissan might as well stop developments on all their new Eco systems......

If you admit to being a 7 day Sunday driver those figures may hold some credence but these are good figures even for nissans stats (which admittedly I haven't got In front of me cos it's,a bind to download on the iPad)........

Edited by Affman - 27 Aug 2012 at 7:55pm
2011 Qashqai 2.0Ntec+2,Gun Met.Chrome Pack,SideBars,Window Trims,Rear Fog Bezals,Boot Handle,Bumper Trim,Skid Plate,Blue Int. LEDs 6.5yrs off happy 7 Seater motoring and still looks the nads..👍
DCQQ View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DCQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2012 at 8:34pm
Aff

For the first few weeks the mpg was stuck between 39 and 40 ( week 1 was depressing it only showed 26) .... I reset the mpg two weeks ago and now get 43(ish)  on a bad day and 48(ish)  on a good.... most of the time it's 45 -47 but last week it was at 52 for a few miles down the M4 then it threw a track and dropped to 49.

But it's improving I only used to get 44 out of my zaffy so anything above that is a bonus. I'm still not so sure about the miles left in the tank as when I fill up it shows 530-540 miles and only shows <100 after 360 miles I would have expected about 600+ from a tank that size but as I said before I've not ran it to empty yet.... Still stick between 60-70 and enjoy the drive.

I put it down to the wheels on the Tekna.... If I'd had the Ntec wheels my mpg would've been less Smile .... I'll get me coat

Edited by DCQQ - 27 Aug 2012 at 8:34pm
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2012 at 8:53pm
Just looked up...
1.6L......Combined 45.6
The 2.0L...... 36.2

Obviously a Sunday driver then..........

I'm sure some Black Felt tip could improve the looks, at least, of the wheels......

Edited by Affman - 27 Aug 2012 at 8:56pm
DCQQ View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DCQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2012 at 9:07pm
Aff

Got me one of those Stop/Start thingy's they take a bit of getting used to but are cool once you've got used to them....

56.5 Extra Urban
47.9 combined..... mind you it really drops round town can easily lose 5-9mpg

I'll get my marker pen out but never was any good at keeping in the lines so wish me luck Smile

Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2012 at 9:13pm
Yes you are correct, didn't know it was a stop start thingy......

As for the wheels....Cowps will be proud of ya mate.......finally another Tekna convert........

Edited by Affman - 27 Aug 2012 at 9:14pm
Boss Hog View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boss Hog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2012 at 11:48pm
Just got back from Cornwall, our QQ has now covered over 1250 miles already and its only 17 days oldShocked
We averaged 39.9 mpg during the drive down 75 ish (fully laden) and 38 mpg driving around Cornwall including all the hills for 8 days (not including luggage!) On way back only managed 38.8 mpg... My wife has put this down to the extra weight  I ... ohh errm - the car has picked up whilst in Cornwall, Oh I do love a pasty and the fish and chips in St Ives, yum .. sorry turning into a food blog there for a second.
The Qashqai was superb, quiet, comfortable and engaging to drive.
Thumbs Up
B Hog
Storm White Qashqai 360 (117)
You can have any colour... As long as it's .. well, err ..White!! ;-)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic