Forum Home Forum Home > J10 Qashqai 2006 - 2013 > QASHQAI+2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

1st oil and filter change qashqai+2 DIY

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PAAPELE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1st oil and filter change qashqai+2 DIY
    Posted: 14áJaná2018 at 10:34pm
Bought 12v extractor but couldn't pump the oil from dip stick hole. I guess was because I didn't warm the oil to the right temperature.
I decided to do it the old school way. Removed splash guard and open the sump plug.
The nightmare was the filter. Very awkward position in 1.5 DCI. Dealer overtightened at last service. Two wrench tools became casulties.
Even wd40 on rubber seal wouldn't loosen up. Putting screw driver through still wasn't enough.
The final solution was to put a hole right in the middle of the head. Then dose it with wd40.
This was the toughest oil filter removal ever tried in my DIY career. Started 10am. Job done 19:00

Edited by PAAPELE - 14áJaná2018 at 10:44pm
QQ+2 N-TEC+ 1.5L DIESEL 2011,CHROME
HANDLES,BOOTLINER,QQ MAT,CLUB&BREAKLIGHT STICKERS,LED INTERIOR/SIDE-LIGHTS,LED NUMBER PLATE,LEATHER COVER,XENON HEADLIGHTS,FOLDING MIRROR,DVD PLAYER,MOBIUS-DASHCAM.
vic21 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vic21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15áJaná2018 at 5:51pm
PAAPELE

Silly question but how did you manage to get the spash guards off?

Well done by the way for getting it done.
2007 1.6i Acenta, Met Orange
PAAPELE View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PAAPELE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15áJaná2018 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by vic21 vic21 wrote:

PAAPELE

Silly question but how did you manage to get the spash guards off?

Well done by the way for getting it done.

It's so simple. Jack the front up support with stands. Get underneath through the front. You need 10mm wrench socket to take off the first panel bolts(connected to downside front bumper). About 6 in total. That will expose the edge of the 2nd bigger guard which is mainly secured with about 6-7 pushup plastics.

I will advise you to renew this plastics as you may find they are caked in mud and weak.
Have fun.
This is a picture of mine. Had once been mice refuge from bad and cold weather. Found a chicken bone and cigarette butt.
QQ+2 N-TEC+ 1.5L DIESEL 2011,CHROME
HANDLES,BOOTLINER,QQ MAT,CLUB&BREAKLIGHT STICKERS,LED INTERIOR/SIDE-LIGHTS,LED NUMBER PLATE,LEATHER COVER,XENON HEADLIGHTS,FOLDING MIRROR,DVD PLAYER,MOBIUS-DASHCAM.
vic21 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vic21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16áJaná2018 at 6:02pm
Thank you Paapele
2007 1.6i Acenta, Met Orange
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic