Forum Home Forum Home > J10 Qashqai 2006 - 2013 > J10 Reviews 2006 - 2013
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

1Year Report

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1Year Report
    Posted: 03 Jun 2014 at 10:59pm
Well just approaching the end of my first year of ownership of my 360 2.0 Diesel Auto and here is the list of faults:

Pretty impressive really!
Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2014 at 11:00pm
like it
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
PaulJ View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2014 at 8:21am
Perfect!
2010 Qashqai+2, 2.0dci 4WD Auto, Tekna, Pearl Black
Billw View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2015 at 1:58pm
Well its reached 2 years now, and what a change. I shall never again touch a Nissan with a barge pole!
After speaking to Nissan Care I can only say that they should really be called Nissan Don't Care.
Let me explain:
At the 2 year service I was told that the brake pads and discs all round need replacing, this after only 21000 miles. I have several cars and have never had this happen at such a low mileage or age before, so would expect a warranty claim for this. Nissan disagree, saying that there is no fault with these items needing replacement so early. So beware, this is the quality that you are buying from Nissan, and they seem quite happy with it. Total cost of year 2 service well over £800.
Maybe they would like to slightly please a very dissatisfied customer by at least updating the sat nav so that the motorway from his home town (which was there 2 years before he bought the car) is shown. Answer, no can't do that either, even though the card in when the car was bought was the latest it was at least 2 years out of date.

I shall not have this trouble again as I will definitely stay well clear of Nissan, and advise anyone who will listen to do likewise.
Shame really because at first the car seemed nice enough, customer service must cost them lots of repeat sales. Also they really need to look at what they consider acceptable component life.
Alfordnewb View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alfordnewb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2015 at 6:51pm
well to be honest if the only thing wrong with the car after 2 years is consumable brake parts I'd say you have a reliable good car and have little to complain about.

yes the wear does appear a little premature but seriously try Fraud if you want bad customer service

jonceebee View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonceebee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2015 at 7:06pm
One of my ex-work colleagues always wore out disc pads between 15-20k miles on every car he owned. When I had the same model a Passat I went 60k until new parts were needed, he needed a change at around 22k. A lot of premature pad wear is down to the way a person drives, he was always tyres screeching from a start, then slamming on the brakes at the last minute type.
New Qashqai 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White.Chrome front lip finisher,Chrome Side Sills, Chrome Glass Finisher,Chrome Lower Trunk Finisher,White Side Mouldings,WhiteAlloyGaytors,Cross Over Pack,Deflectors
Billw View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2015 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by jonceebee jonceebee wrote:

One of my ex-work colleagues always wore out disc pads between 15-20k miles on every car he owned. When I had the same model a Passat I went 60k until new parts were needed, he needed a change at around 22k. A lot of premature pad wear is down to the way a person drives, he was always tyres screeching from a start, then slamming on the brakes at the last minute type.

I honestly don't think its down to me. The car is very gently driven. I have several cars and have never had a problem with early brake pad or disc wear. My Citroen has135000 miles on it and is only on its third pads and discs and they are fairly recent.
I feel that if a warranty of 3 years and 60000 miles is given it should be honoured. If these discs are typical they will add up to a huge cost having to be changed every 20000 miles or so. Nissan say this is normal wear and tear, so I shall simply not spend my hard earned cash with them again. They had the opportunity to quell my discontent by sorting out their poor and out of date sat nav, but chose not to. So be it, plenty of other manufacturers will be pleased to get a new customer.
Finally, have a look online at what Nissan claim is covered by their new car warranty. Then don't believe it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic