UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Diesel Heads > 2.0 diesel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

2.0 dci 4x4 questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hdi_d turbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2.0 dci 4x4 questions
    Posted: 30áNová2010 at 9:12am
Hi, I almost bought a QQ in 2008 but went for a VW scirocco as my partners car was a practical hatchback, so I went for a sporty car, however I am now close to ordering a 2.0 dci 4x4 tekna for delivery next year and have a few questions, mainly about the engine.

The brochure suggests co2 of 159 and a combined mpg of 47.1, which seem very good for this type of car. In my last 3 VAG group cars, the actual mpg for my type of driving has been approx 4mpg less than the combined brochure figure, with my driving being 80% motorway. So my first question is, will I see at least a solid 40mpg from a 2.0 dci 4x4 manual or is this an unrealistic expectation?

When I was in the dealer they suggested that the 4x4 QQ is not from the uk plant, but from abroad, is this correct, and will it affect the accuracy of delivery times?

Many thanks

Steve
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30áNová2010 at 9:40am
Welcome Big smile.

Can't answer yout mpg question, as I'm a petrolhead and shouldn't be posting in this section really Wink.  I'm sure a dieselhead will be along soon.

However, it's news to me that the 4x4s are made abroad - English designed, engineered and built I thought (albeit with parts from all over the world).  Maybe he meant the 4x4 system is imported from elsewhere and fitted here........?????

We have members here who work at the plant so maybe they can confirm.

Edited by G5 BOY - 30áNová2010 at 9:40am
QQ5 (YES 5...!!) 2017 Vivid Blue DIG-T 115 X-Tronic Tekna+
s30jok View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s30jok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30áNová2010 at 10:58am
in my 2.0 dci tekna 2 wheel drive, i am averaging 47 and i drive for approx 20miles on dual carriageway at 70miles an hour and then do a bit of combined driving and still average 47mpg so i am chuffed.
Now the onwer of a Cayman Blue 2010 Model 2.0dci Tekna QQ Blue Led's and orange sill plates!
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30áNová2010 at 11:53am
i know nissan opened a factory in tehran,iran so maybe they make the rolling chassis of the 4x4 then its completed in sunderland g5 (i too am a petrol head and didnt opt for 4x4 so i double shoulnt be postingTongue)
hdi_d turbo View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hdi_d turbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30áNová2010 at 12:13pm
Has the 2.0dci engine been revised for 2010 over the model I looked at originally in 2008 as the mpg figures look better than I seem to remember? If so what were the changes? Thanks gents!
2Fat2Bald View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2Fat2Bald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30áNová2010 at 3:12pm
I cannot promise you a solid 40mpg, but I have the automatic 4x4 +2 DCI and get 33-36-ish on very mixed motoring. I think it's highly likely that if i'd bought to manual, smaller car it'd get significantly more MPG on the kind of mixed driving I do. I'd expect 40+ mpg to be highly acheivable.

Of course, your mileage may vary!
makem57 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote makem57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03áDecá2010 at 2:53pm
 I have a 2.0 dci 4x4 and get 45mpg on mixed driving
hdi_d turbo View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hdi_d turbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03áDecá2010 at 5:01pm
Hi makem, is yours the new 2010 model?
2Fat2Bald View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2Fat2Bald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03áDecá2010 at 11:24pm
45 mpg!!!!

That means the automatic gearbox may be responsible for 1/3rd of my fuel consumption!
Chucky7 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chucky7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04áDecá2010 at 5:09pm
I have a 57-place 2.0dCi 4x4 and the average of my first 2 tanks of Shell fuel comes in at 41.7mpg.

Pretty good, considering the traffic jams I've been stuck in due to the snow and the colder time of year in general
Used to own 57-plate 2.0dCi Acenta 4WD in Flame Red

Did have a 1.6dCi Tekna CVT in Ink Blue on order in 2014 but got cancelled.....

I miss my QQ and may be back in a few years
2Fat2Bald View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2Fat2Bald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05áDecá2010 at 11:10am
Not too shabby!

I wish i'd bought a Manual now. I did nearly go for it, but bought the Auto as I thought my injured partner would find it easier to cope with. Unfortunatley she virtually never drives it - so that's a waste of money.

Shame as I was going to go for EITHER a auto n-ntec or a manual Tekna. I decided to choose the auto gearbox over the leather seats. Cest la vie. If i'd bought the Tekna maybe i'd be annoyed at the amount of time I'd spend locked in traffic?
makem57 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote makem57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05áDecá2010 at 4:05pm
it s a 08 with 30k had it from new, just ordered a 4x4 n tec for march
MSowl View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MSowl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06áDecá2010 at 1:23pm
I live on the motorway, i'm getting 42mpg average but it's the 2wd version and +2.
Turbotroll View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turbotroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06áDecá2010 at 8:33pm
4x4 models are produced at NMUK, Sunderland.

If not then it is certainly news to me.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic