UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > J10 Qashqai 2006 - 2013 > Nissan Qashqai J10 Engine Range > 2.0 L MR20DE I4 (Petrol)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

2.0 Petrol CVT - Shift lock issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Philco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2.0 Petrol CVT - Shift lock issue
    Posted: 04áAugá2012 at 2:04pm
Hello,

I have a 3 yr old 26k miles QQ Acenta.  Last night, for no apparent reason the gear lever wouldn't move out of the 'P' posn.  I know there were earlier posts on this but thought I'd start a new Topic to bring it back rather than a 'bump' with a post.

When it happened I was in the company of people who were very much into cars of any sort!  I'd no sooner found out from the manual that to release it I needed to press the 'Shift Lock' button down at the same time as moving the lever into the required gear than one of my pals came off the phone to say his mate had said pump the brake pedal and it will be fine!!

I did what the manual said and it was fine .... but only once.  The 'Shift lock' button needed to be pushed in and the lever moved to the required gear each time it was started.  Then I tried doing as he suggested with pumping the brake a couple of times before starting it: amazingly that worked as well!  Hmm.

This morning I called at the Nissan dealer (starting the car using the 'Shift lock' button' but nobody available until Monday.  I decided I'd try the brake thing again to see what's what - the info seemed to come from a reliable source.  Hmm ... a couple of tries doing it with ignition on, then off, and some success with moving to a gear .... and then I discovered it works every time if I turn the ignition on, start the car and holding the knob on the gearstick (which is refusing to press in) press the brake pedal a couple of times and the knob mysteriously goes in and I can select any gear I want.

I know there is talk of a solenoid issue here and I can see that could be the case .... but the brake pedal thing puts a whoe new slant on it.

I'd be plesed to hear from anybody who posted on the other topic ... or anybody who has any thoughts on this.

Phil

Phil
March '09 1.5dci manual Acenta
Jan '09 2.0 Petrol auto Acenta
Sep '08 2.0 dci auto 4wd teckna.
allan40alt View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Resident Comedian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote allan40alt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04áAugá2012 at 2:44pm
I have checked previously with my dealer as I was concerned with some reports of faulty CVT boxes.

He advised me that they have sold CVT transmissions for years and they have only ever had two cars with problems.

Both of them required a new switch in the selector.

Evidently a simple and relatively cheap job for them to do.
2009 2.0L CVT, Tekna, Blade Silver.
2013 Peugeot 2008 1.6 EGC, Allure, Bianca White.
Philco View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Philco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04áAugá2012 at 5:26pm
OK, thanks for that.  I'll see how I get on when I call them on Monday.
Phil
March '09 1.5dci manual Acenta
Jan '09 2.0 Petrol auto Acenta
Sep '08 2.0 dci auto 4wd teckna.
bluesman1955 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluesman1955 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06áJulá2016 at 5:48pm
Hi
I have a QQ 2ltr n-tec 2012. Could anyone please tell me if I can just plug a USB pen drive into the USB slot in the centre consol and have it show on my nissan connect screen. I want to use this as my music source.
Thanks
..QQ.. View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ..QQ.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06áJulá2016 at 6:34pm
Usb pen works fine just press aux twice and will play no problem. I have REALLY small usb which does not restrict centre console storage

Edited by ..QQ.. - 06áJulá2016 at 6:36pm
2012 QQ+2 flame red N-tec+ 2.0 petrol, CVT, 4wd mudflaps,auto mirror kit
..QQ.. View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ..QQ.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06áJulá2016 at 6:39pm
Kingston Technology 16GB DataTraveler Micro USB Flash Drive
Udo2009 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Udo2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06áJulá2016 at 8:07pm
The first time I've read that a problem with the CVT was solved with a USB stick.... wonder oh wonder....
Qashqai Acenta, 2,0 dCi, 110 kW, DPF, Euro5, black Z11G
..QQ.. View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ..QQ.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07áJulá2016 at 5:58pm
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08áJulá2016 at 10:48am
Originally posted by Udo2009 Udo2009 wrote:

The first time I've read that a problem with the CVT was solved with a USB stick.... wonder oh wonder....

...................but never mind Wink
QQ5 (YES 5...!!) 2017 Vivid Blue DIG-T 115 X-Tronic Tekna+
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic