UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Reception > Your first question?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

2007 Accenta Door Opener Lever Delamination

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alf abaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2007 Accenta Door Opener Lever Delamination
    Posted: 04áJaná2018 at 12:21pm
Has anyone else experienced the "Chrome" coating on the plastic door opener peeling off. 
It's happened on both the front and passenger doors at much the same time, but not on the rear door handles. 
Strange that it occured concurrently as the drivers door clearly gets more use and if it's not use related, why are the rear handles OK? 
I got quite a nasty cut from one handle and have filed off the loose "chrome" and covered the handle with insulation tape.
pandjh View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pandjh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04áJaná2018 at 3:30pm
Yep, had the exact same issue on my 2009 QQ. I solved it the same way as you too.
2015 QQ 1.2 Dig-T N-Tec+, Black
Previously 2009 QQ 1.5dCi Acenta, Black
vic21 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vic21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04áJaná2018 at 5:49pm
Same here Alf and solved it the same way. Bad though.
2007 1.6i Acenta, Met Orange
qashqai+2=quality View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qashqai+2=quality Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áJaná2018 at 8:57am
same, happened to mine at around 2 1/2 - 3 years, cut a passengers finger , and was front only , altho rear hardly got any use. terrible, the coatings on the radio, the rubberised coatings on window switces, the handbrake lever button, all a disgrace to be honest, esp when u look at cars that are 20+ years old and the coatings are in better nic. ... yes i feel pained about it lol
03/10 facelift 1.5dci +2 visia pealesent black. ALL STANDERD AS FOLLOWS-slvr roof rails/NO DPF/spacesaver spare wheel/charcoal cloth (free option)/No usb/courtesy lights/5 seats +2 small back seats.
qashqai+2=quality View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qashqai+2=quality Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áJaná2018 at 9:03am
oh, talking of coatings, nissans paint is is so thin , it really is not on, shame really, cutting costs like that loses customers, i know my next 20k will not be going a new nissan now, will be buying a 5 year old jag
03/10 facelift 1.5dci +2 visia pealesent black. ALL STANDERD AS FOLLOWS-slvr roof rails/NO DPF/spacesaver spare wheel/charcoal cloth (free option)/No usb/courtesy lights/5 seats +2 small back seats.
alf abaka View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alf abaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áJaná2018 at 10:10am
I haven't had an issue with the switches etc. but the covering of the steering wheel is wrinkled as if it is not securely attached to the substrate.
__chris__ View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __chris__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16áJaná2018 at 3:48pm
Same on my driver's door release (including a cut), the leatherette on the steering wheel and heavy wear on the gear knob.
I had just assumed that the previous owner had been a big fan of chunky rings...Ermm

Anyone recommend any good aftermarket steering wheel covers or gear knobs?
Learning my way around a nice shiny black 08 plated 2.0 Tekna 2WD.
Tiffany View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16áJaná2018 at 5:55pm
Recovering steering whees

Suppsed to be very good

Edited by Tiffany - 16áJaná2018 at 5:55pm
2017 X-Trail N Vision 1.6 DIG-T Storm White.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic