UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > J10 Qashqai 2006 - 2013 > J10 Hints, Tips and How To...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

2007 manual 2.0 Dci engine swap

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colesyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2007 manual 2.0 Dci engine swap
    Posted: 13Jul2019 at 7:38am
Hi all,
a few months back the bottom end on my 2.0 Dci failed with only 90k miles on the clock. It spun a big end but there was a lot of wear on the other crank bearings. It was a very hot day ( 40 + C , i"m in Oz btw ) with the AC going hard. I think there are a number of reasons for this happening:
1. Nissan are squeezing too much out of the engine. A free recall to remap the engine is a big hint that this is the case. Being in Oz with a UK import meant NO support. Thanks Nissan.
2. To increase fuel economy oil which I think is way too thin in very hot conditions is specified. I'll be using 20/50 from now on as its what SAE says is fine for my temp range here down under.
3. Over fuelling to clear the DPF contaminates the oil making it thinner. I think we know the solution to that.
Meanwhile I purchased a used 2011 Latitude engine ( these are auto ) with only about 15k miles on it plus the turbo and the alternator.
I had to reuse the throttle body and the EGR as the plugs were different and it anyone has the wiring I'd like it please. I also had to extend the water hose form the expansion tank to an added plastic 'T' piece on the opposite side of the engine to get coolant into the system. This required some new hose too and some clamps but was easy enough to do. 
The DMF was stuffed. Almost NO WEAR on the friction plate but the springs were knacked. The DMF by my way of thinking is a really daft idea unless you sell DMF's of course. I replaced mine with a single mass flywheel and clutch kit from eBay UK.Way cheaper and should see the car out. There is a short resonate around 1500 RPM but it is momentary. Well worth it. The Latitude engine has a rating of 127kW vs the 110KW of the standard engine. It goes well. I have had a couple of DPF warnings which I never had before BUT I haven't yet done any long out of town trips except to clear out the DPF which it does fine. 4th gear 3k RPM. As there are different injectors in the two engines I asked Bosch for the flow rates of the injectors but they would not tell me, thanks Bosch! Changing over the injectors would be a difficult job and putting in old for newer seems a bit silly. Maybe when I do more longer runs I'll be OK? We'll see. The alternator was a bit tricky as it is much larger and the control is different after some messing around with a milling machine and mixing some older alternator parts it works fine. I would not do this again if I'd known the differences but I buggered the old one getting it apart. The whole swap over was a BIG job. I gather that the Latitude was not released in the UK but there may well be something else in the Renault line that does the job. All up a bit over 2000 quid, but it was the heated leather seat version with all the goodies so figured worth it. Time will tell. Good luck.
best regards
Dave
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic