UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > J10 Qashqai 2006 - 2013 > Nissan Qashqai J10 Engine Range > 1.5 L K9K I4 (diesel)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

2011 facelift- 1.5 power increase

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevsw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2011 facelift- 1.5 power increase
    Posted: 14 Aug 2010 at 9:02am
To quote from here,

"All 1.5dCi engines will also feature diesel particulate filter (DPF) fitted as standard and will receive a power increase of +4PS to 110PS."

My question is will the power increase lower the 0-60mph time or is it to compensate for any power loss through the new DPF?

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2010 at 9:58am
I have heard from elsewhere that there will be loss of power.

I am going to be interested to see how it performs in my new Juke....

Fee x
pandjh View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pandjh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2010 at 1:06pm
Nissan Press Release
http://www.nissanpress.co.uk/press_site/releases/arc_2010/61275nis.htm

Quote: 
"In the diesel line-up every model now benefits from diesel particulate filter technology with the addition of DPF to the 1.5-litre dCi engine. But these green diesel improvements have not come at the expense of power. In fact, the 1.5 dCi’s output has increased from 106PS to 110PS"

Edited by pandjh - 14 Aug 2010 at 1:09pm
2015 QQ 1.2 Dig-T N-Tec+, Black
Previously 2009 QQ 1.5dCi Acenta, Black
HarryN-TEC View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarryN-TEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2010 at 3:28pm
There is your answer kevsw, someone always has an answer in this great forum.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2010 at 5:01pm
Yes Thats true Harry
However you cant always believe everything Nissan says......Confused

Only time will tell

Spanner View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spanner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2010 at 5:11pm
I can't see any benefit for some of the drivers who've got to go on a waste of fuel journey just to clean out the DPF, Not everyones journey is long enough to keep it clean, I think it will put a lot off diesel, I'll wait and see what the DPF is like in 3 years to see if i stay with diesel,

2010 1.5Dci N-Tec. Happy not to have the DPF
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarryN-TEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2010 at 5:31pm
Yes, understand what you mean Spanner, especially people who live in remote areas, I am getting the 1.5dci with the dpf but Im not unduly worried about it. As I like to put the boot down now and again.
Spanner View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spanner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2010 at 8:37pm
Hopefully you won't have any trouble with it HarryN-tec, my driving is mostly local but hoping to do more now the hard ride civic is gone, With the info you and some of the others are good enough to give i might be able to stay with diesel   
kevsw View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevsw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2010 at 9:39am
so does anybody think an extra +4PS will add anything to the 0-60 time- fraction of a second?
the stig View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Some Say, Others Don't!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the stig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2010 at 11:42am
Originally posted by HarryN-TEC HarryN-TEC wrote:

Yes, understand what you mean Spanner, especially people who live in remote areas, I am getting the 1.5dci with the dpf but Im not unduly worried about it. As I like to put the boot down now and again.
 i'm not worried at all because i dont know the meaning of slow i leave all that to james mayLOLLOLLOL
60 reg QQ 1.5 n-tec ""as of 18.11.13i'm now an ex qashqai owner but i will still keep popping in from time to time to see if i can be of help""
Spanner View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spanner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2010 at 8:22pm
Is it ever worth putting 4PS as a so called power increase, don't you think 15PS or more would have made more sense and make it worth while doing, do you agree disagree,
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarryN-TEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2010 at 9:10pm
Not being a mechanic I would not know anything about that. Leave that to the techies.
the stig View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Some Say, Others Don't!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the stig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2010 at 9:13pm
the more POWER the betterWink
60 reg QQ 1.5 n-tec ""as of 18.11.13i'm now an ex qashqai owner but i will still keep popping in from time to time to see if i can be of help""
Mr Welling View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Welling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2010 at 9:21pm
An extra 4 bhp....I doubt you'd really feel it to be honest, however with the bhp increase I'm assuming there's a bit of extra torque too (?).
n-tec 1.5DCi Nightshade...the wait is over! What a car, love every aspect of it.
Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2010 at 7:47pm
when my dealer tested the new engine he said it was noticably slower than the non dpf engine ????
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
AlleyCat View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlleyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 10:29am
Originally posted by craigfishin craigfishin wrote:

when my dealer tested the new engine he said it was noticably slower than the non dpf engine ????

I was thinking about this.

Assuming this was on a test/fleet vehicle that did a lot of pootling/stop/start small runs then the dpf would be full of "£%$ and would drag the engine performance down.

Using VW land as an example.

The cars can do a "forced" regeneration drawing more power from the electrics and using diesel to burn off the soot on the filter.

In these circumstances I'd imagine this would make it feel like it was running rich / down on power when knocking around town.

If the car doesn't finish a full regeneration it just does it again at each start up until it either completes or breaks down Shocked

Also does a dpf impact air flow / lower exhaust pressure?

Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 6:10pm
thats exactly what my dealer said ,the airflow is slowed and struggles through the filter even when clean .so it can only get worse (slower)as it fills with crap and soot
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
vassili View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vassili Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2010 at 12:59am
erdi View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erdi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2010 at 9:37am
I bought my new Qasqai in August 2010. 1.5 dci n-tec.
It comes with the old power spec which is 106 PS, do you think this 4PS power increase is applicable for my engine too?
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarryN-TEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2010 at 8:44pm
Hi & welcome erdi,
Think that applieds to the new euro 5 engine.
erdi View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erdi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2010 at 12:02pm
I will ask this to the dealer, when I get an answer I'll post it here as well. The engine is the same renault K9K, torque is the same. My car is just two months old, euro-5 should be about emission I think. Anyway I live in Germany and I am very happy with the car for the first two months..
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarryN-TEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2010 at 12:10pm
What colour do you have, I got my n-tec on the 14th Sept in pearl black and its a euro 4  1.5dci.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic