UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Petrol Heads > 1.6i Petrol
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

2011 M2 Service Cost

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UrbanNomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2011 M2 Service Cost
    Posted: 18 Mar 2011 at 1:19pm
Been quoted £349.00 for my QQ's 2nd service plus £30 to have air con disinfected, fuel additive and something else?   Embarrassed apparently saving £15 by having all three. After a bit of haggling, a courtesy car is being supplied, a full valet ( which they did last year, and it was impressive though they charged! ) and 1 years RAC membership thrown in, so I'm happy with that!  Smile

Bling-free 2009 QQ Acenta 1.6 called Tyson in Faded Denim, still looking box fresh!
BlackTenka Bill View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackTenka Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2011 at 2:02pm
Has/Would anyone considered this?
Full service £230

I suppose it will keep the warrenty OK?Confused
1.6 Dci Tekna with 4WD to replace two 1.6 petrol Qashqai Tekna's/Metalic Pearl Black/Mats/No Chrome Trims/Black Roof Rails/Born 31 May 2007, 28 May 2009 and 14 September 2013.
UrbanNomad View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UrbanNomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2011 at 2:08pm
This is the first I've heard of them Bill. All looks glossy & professional, but we all know what airport car parking staff do with your prized possession!  Wink

Yep here's the keys to my Evo! LOL

Bling-free 2009 QQ Acenta 1.6 called Tyson in Faded Denim, still looking box fresh!
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UrbanNomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2011 at 2:23pm
I thought that price related to your area Bill.  Just entered my details and quoted the same price! Read a few of the testimonials and it almost seems too good to be true. If I went ahead that's a saving of £150, the legal side regarding your warranty seems to be covered. Tempted Wink

BlackTenka Bill View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackTenka Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2011 at 2:31pm

I dare you, no I DOUBLE dare you.

It is indeed a savings.
1.6 Dci Tekna with 4WD to replace two 1.6 petrol Qashqai Tekna's/Metalic Pearl Black/Mats/No Chrome Trims/Black Roof Rails/Born 31 May 2007, 28 May 2009 and 14 September 2013.
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UrbanNomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2011 at 2:39pm
LOL  If Glyn Hopkins offer me a lime green Pixo as a courtesy car, I'll use this info to get a Murano! LOL It's the least they can do if they cant match the price! Wink

CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2011 at 10:52pm
Originally posted by UrbanNomad UrbanNomad wrote:

This is the first I've heard of them Bill. All looks glossy & professional, but we all know what airport car parking staff do with your prized possession!  Wink

Yep here's the keys to my Evo! LOL

LOLLOL i used to work in a 5* hotel in edinburghs west end, with valet parking ofcourse.. i would regularly see ferrari's, porsche's bentleys and the likes in the car park.. 100k plus cars ect
was quite friendly with one of the concierge who told me they all used to take a shot of any nice cars round the indoor carpark as customers couldnt see them.
but when i was working there one of the concierge guys got sacked as his gf turned up at the hotel drunk and he took a customers ferrari to take her home, idiot was stupid enough to sit revving it at the traffic lights infront of hotel, customer wondering what the noise was looks out his room window to see someone wheel spin his ferrari away from the lights racing some wee chavvy civic or something.
he still stays at the hotel, but parks his own car and keeps the keys now!!
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UrbanNomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2011 at 3:47pm
LOL There's been so many undercover reports similar to what you've stated Craig. I really don't think I can trust someone with Tyson, even if it is driving round the corner! Embarrassed

Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UrbanNomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2011 at 9:11am
Just dropped my car off for servicing and collected courtesy car, black Juke! Big smile  I think it's an Acenta, first impressions on short drive home is that the gear change is much more snappy and the throw very short compared to the Qashqai. It gives it a sporty feel almost, and it's very precise. The dual function multi mode thing takes a little getting used to, as did having to fold the mirrors in manually! LOL

Interior room is adequate, headroom up front is generous and acceptable in the rear. The Juke actually feels like any of the current Ford's regarding handling. It's direct and fun but you feel every single bump in the road, so there's quite a bit of road noise driving about Town , with constant bump, thump. The Qashqai dismisses these with it's softer set-up, but is not as sharp to drive as the Juke, so I guess it depends on what you prefer.

Finally the black paintwork does not really do the Juke much favours, hardly a head turned on my way home, I think if it was in the pearlescent white or metallic red though it would have more of an impact. Good little car then, great driver enjoyment, less so for passengers, commanding seat height and distinctive looks, shame the ride is so jarring!

Peace

Smile

CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2011 at 9:15am
urgh... horrible little cars lol.

i actually prefer the cube to the juke

i really dont like the front of the juke (actually the only current nissans i like are in order.. GTR, QQ, 370z, Cube & the Navara isn't too bad..)
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UrbanNomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2011 at 9:40am
Agree some of Nissan's line up needs reviewing IMO. The previous froggy Micra was not to everyone's taste, but it was well built & had character. The new one which is made in India is absolutely vile, and the Note is now way overdue for a replacement.
High fuel costs are making many ( including myself ) review household cars, and getting a small city car  for everyday darting about. This again is an area where Nissan fails with the Pixo, Toyota's Aygo / Peugeot 107 / Citroen C1 are small cars that look great. They may be cheap to buy, but that does not show through in the design or construction, unlike the Pixo. Perhaps it would of been better if Nissan collaborated with Toyota instead of Suzuki ( the Pixo is a Suzuki Alto with a Nissan badge ) but I suppose it's down to rivalry?

Smile

Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UrbanNomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2011 at 10:23am

Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UrbanNomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2011 at 10:24am
This is my little beast for the day! Wink
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2011 at 10:29am
lol they cant even sell a juke eh have to use them as courtesy cars

agree with your above, some of nissans range is dated..
however i didnt like the micra lol. never liked any micra so far!

mohawk View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
White Rose.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2011 at 10:40am
I still cant figure out the front endErmm  It Seems weirdDisapprove
2010 QQ+2 Tekna, Magnetic Red, 2L petrol,CVT,4WD. Chrome side bars,sill strips, rear door grip, tailgate strip, front and rear entry guards,front foglight bezels.Proud Owner.SAC Member.
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2011 at 10:43am
yep, if it had a front end look similar to the facelift QQ it would be on my list of nissans i like lol..

but with the MASSIVE fog lights and TINY headlights, it just looks ridiculous to me!
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UrbanNomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2011 at 10:48am
The front end is just a bit too busy IMO, it's very easy to navigate though as the slash lights on the bonnet acts as a guide to the width. I feel it's perhaps a bit too radical, and may not age well. I would not downsize to one, the QQ is just a better car in looks & practicality. As I posted earlier, I test drove an Aygo at the weekend and in all honesty have to say the ride quality is better than the Juke's!

Never been a fan of the Micra either Craig, but the new model is so dire, I wonder who they think will buy it?  Confused

CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2011 at 10:54am
people wearing a straight jacket ???
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UrbanNomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2011 at 10:58am
Originally posted by mohawk mohawk wrote:

I still cant figure out the front endErmm  It Seems weirdDisapprove

The slash things on the bonnet Mohawk house the side lights & indicators, the big round rally lights are the headlights, and below the number plate are foglights! Yep I'm confused as well! LOL

Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UrbanNomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2011 at 11:02am
Originally posted by CraigQQ CraigQQ wrote:

people wearing a straight jacket ???

LOL  You cant even flog them off to the elderly any more, Sixty is the new Forty and they wouldn't be seen dead in one! LOL

CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2011 at 11:03am
mohawk View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
White Rose.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2011 at 11:25am
Nope sorry it don't work for me at allConfused
2010 QQ+2 Tekna, Magnetic Red, 2L petrol,CVT,4WD. Chrome side bars,sill strips, rear door grip, tailgate strip, front and rear entry guards,front foglight bezels.Proud Owner.SAC Member.
hamish View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
IMAM MUSTAFA GRAF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2011 at 11:51am
I hate to be the elephant in the room...but the Juke is actually growing on me, I like it. I was parked next to a white one at the garage today when filling up....I liked it...and it is really, on outside dimensions not much smaller than a QQ..

But then I like quirky French design anyway and this car seems to have a certain je ne sais quoi!! I don't know what or whom may ahve influenced this design, or indeed if it had some French in it...but it's growing on me.

I like cars that do that - hate them at first, but they grow on you as those seem to have a longevity.
mohawk View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
White Rose.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2011 at 12:08pm
Now now hamishLOL don't you go turning to the dark side tooLOL
mohawk View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
White Rose.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2011 at 12:10pm
How did you go on with the service cost then UrbanErmm
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UrbanNomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2011 at 3:54pm
Got my baby back! Thumbs Up

That's more like it, I'm afraid to say as good as the Juke is, I'm left feeling it's a bit of a pointless car! Total cost for 2nd service £440  Shocked, but at the end of the day I'm happy with the service and will continue using Glyn Hopkins, especially as they know I'm a member on this site, helps towards a good level of aftercare!  Thumbs Up

CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2011 at 4:10pm
nice one mate, good to see tyson all serviced and ready to go lol
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UrbanNomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2011 at 4:15pm
So happy to have Tyson back that I forgot to mention something quite important. I received a call from the service department saying that as a precaution my rear shocks will be changed to the latest updated ones!
 Andy the service manager said he remembered me getting this checked out at the last service and they were fine & in current use. I questioned this on picking Tyson up, and was told that the shocks fitted to the current Qashqai were now being used in order to prevent any possible future problem! I've not had any issue with them at all, but it appears that another upgrade has slipped in, will be interesting to see if other dealers are doing the same. It was carried out as a warranty repair, which I had to sign.

Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UrbanNomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2011 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by CraigQQ CraigQQ wrote:

nice one mate, good to see tyson all serviced and ready to go lol

Tyson's ready to go, just listen to his horn meep, meep!  LOL

mohawk View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
White Rose.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2011 at 4:18pm
Now he horn is something else innitLOL
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UrbanNomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2011 at 4:25pm
LOL Certainly is!

Hoseman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoseman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2011 at 4:42pm
Hi Urban

I had my M2 service done yesterday at a cost of £160 plus £30 for a change of brake fluid, at Evans Halshaw of Sunderland, they also replaced the rear shock absorbers under warranty.
The car has only done 17500 miles in two years, its like driving a brand new car now.

Hoseman

2 litre VISIA CVT
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UrbanNomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2011 at 4:52pm
Gordon Bennett, I think I have to move up North!  LOL  The service was £380 + £60 to have the air-con serviced. I've done just over 12000 miles and not noticed any problems, but as you said there is a new found "feel" taut, but still comfortable. Thumbs Up Mind you the whole car still feels like it just rolled off the production line, just the way I like it!

mohawk View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
White Rose.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2011 at 4:54pm
What did they do to the aircon thenErmm
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UrbanNomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2011 at 4:58pm
They regas it and check it's efficiency etc, should be done every couple of years or so.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic