UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Petrol Heads > 1.6i Petrol
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

2011 M2 Service Cost

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Premier
Premier
White Rose.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2011 at 5:02pm
Oh right yes about every 2 yrs innitThumbs Up
2010 QQ+2 Tekna, Magnetic Red, 2L petrol,CVT,4WD. Chrome side bars,sill strips, rear door grip, tailgate strip, front and rear entry guards,front foglight bezels.Proud Owner.SAC Member.
UrbanNomad View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UrbanNomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2011 at 5:19pm
So if you service your 2007-2009 QQ at a dealership they're changing the shocks  to the current model. But what if you go elsewhere to have your servicing done? I've not received any info saying there's a warranty repair and to bring my QQ in.

Bling-free 2009 QQ Acenta 1.6 called Tyson in Faded Denim, still looking box fresh!
BlackTenka Bill View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackTenka Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2011 at 7:08pm
Originally posted by Hoseman Hoseman wrote:

Hi Urban

I had my M2 service done yesterday at a cost of £160 plus £30 for a change of brake fluid, at Evans Halshaw of Sunderland, they also replaced the rear shock absorbers under warranty.
The car has only done 17500 miles in two years, its like driving a brand new car now.

Hoseman

2 litre VISIA CVT

Cheers Hoseman saves me a call tomorrow. The costs Urbannomad quoted horrified me. I use EH on Wessington Way too.
Might well have to put two new front tyres on though. We'll see.
1.6 Dci Tekna with 4WD to replace two 1.6 petrol Qashqai Tekna's/Metalic Pearl Black/Mats/No Chrome Trims/Black Roof Rails/Born 31 May 2007, 28 May 2009 and 14 September 2013.
Hoseman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoseman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2011 at 7:19pm
Hi Bill

While I was at Evans Halshaw I enquired about the cost of the M3 service for my vehicle and was quoted (wait for it) £422, so I had better start saving up now.
I'm pleased I dont live in London god knows what the cost is there.
By the way the shocks were changed after I complained about the noise coming from the suspension .

Hoseman
hamish View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
IMAM MUSTAFA GRAF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2011 at 9:01pm
Thumbs Up I didn't know you were up this way Hoseman

As for shocks...there is nothing like a new set of shocks on a car...as hoseman said above, it's lieka brand new car.

I'm lucky in one respect that as part of my lease, all servicing costs....and tyres are included. So no sudden shocks (sorry, pun) to encounter.
Premier
Premier

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackTenka Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2011 at 9:06pm
Originally posted by Hoseman Hoseman wrote:

Hi Bill

While I was at Evans Halshaw I enquired about the cost of the M3 service for my vehicle and was quoted (wait for it) £422, so I had better start saving up now.
Hoseman

Again thanks. Yes that third service is a bitch and why I would rather trade in than pay it. It's amost 1 and a half HP payments for me.
1.6 Dci Tekna with 4WD to replace two 1.6 petrol Qashqai Tekna's/Metalic Pearl Black/Mats/No Chrome Trims/Black Roof Rails/Born 31 May 2007, 28 May 2009 and 14 September 2013.
UrbanNomad View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UrbanNomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2011 at 2:31pm
Just got back from taking Tyson for a spin to see if there's any real noticeable difference with the new "upgraded" shocks. It's minor but there's an improvement, a slightly more refined feel especially at low speeds. The rear feels a bit more planted, less jittery over broken surfaces. You can hear the bumps but it's more muted and does not transmit cabin judder. The slight side to side shimmy  is still present, but that adds to the SUV feel, as most do this due to the height & raised ground clearance.
Love it when your car's just been serviced, everything feels solid and precise, even the gear box feels tauter.

Big smile

Bling-free 2009 QQ Acenta 1.6 called Tyson in Faded Denim, still looking box fresh!
Premier
Premier

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackTenka Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2011 at 5:12pm
Ok, my M2 sevice will cost me £176.
Free years RAC cover thrown in. Car collected from work and returned too.
Very pleased.
Hans Gruber View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Gruber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2011 at 8:55am
I got 2 years free servicing and RAC cover when I brought my new QQ,
it will be swapped out for another new un when the third is due Smile  
Ordered 29/06/10, Delivered 23/11/10 1.5dci N-tec, Nightshade, 18",

2Fat2Bald View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2Fat2Bald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2011 at 3:05pm
Last time I had my QQ serviced they gave me a new Micra as a courtesy car.

Vile little object that feels like a cheap, tacky vehicle. Nice free-revving engine that didn't have enough power and very little to recommend that car to me at all.

Fiat 500 for me.
sonyboy View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sonyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2011 at 3:13pm
Just had an M1 service for £72 inc VAT compared to Nissan dealers £119, local nissan delaer wants £279 ( i think for M3 service) needless to say they wont be getting near my car servicing. Got an insurance assessor checking out Air con condensor on Monday as all the fins have fallen out or blown out by previous owner with power hose :) as repair will cost over £500 assessor needs to give green light before work can start. needless to say if he says no I will be driving about with windows open
2007 (07) 1.6 Acenta, Blade Silver with fek all extras :)
LOADSAQASH View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOADSAQASH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2011 at 4:52pm
Had my M2 sevice done Friday £164 basic service brake fluid change and aircon recharge extra £100 just had service done.Goes back in Wednesday for new shocks only done 12500 miles.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic