UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Reception > Your first question?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

2011 Wobbling side to side under accelaration

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stuartspanners Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2011 Wobbling side to side under accelaration
    Posted: 11áFebá2018 at 2:42pm
Hi there, been a mechanical engineer for over 30 years, so like to think i know my way around a vehicle, particularly Nissan, however, I have a 2011 1.6 Petrol 2WD Qashqai here that has the most unfathomable wobble side to side at front when accelerating.....and only when accelerating, otherwise smooth as silk and no vibration when revved from a standstill, either with gearbox engaged .... or disengaged !

So far the local Nissan garage and myself have changed : ..... Bottom rear centre engine mount, gearbox mount, both set of discs and pads, N/S lower wishbone complete, laser tracking and alignment, Four New Tyres on undamaged Alloy 16"wheels, swapped them front to back and diagonally corner to corner as well ....... Still exactly the same ....accelerate and car physically moves from side to side at front, back off and its smooth again ......coast at 50 / 60 / 70mph ...smooth ! ....at wits end on this one....any "informed and sensible" ideas from anyone that has experienced same and ended up curing ?

Very much appreciated ......happy motoring folks. 
..QQ.. View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ..QQ.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12áFebá2018 at 2:07pm
Are wheel bearings ok ?

Drive shaft bearings worn ?

What,s the milage
2012 QQ+2 flame red N-tec+ 2.0 petrol, CVT, 4wd mudflaps,auto mirror kit
stuartspanners View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stuartspanners Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12áFebá2018 at 5:59pm
84,000 miles ......Wheel bearings appear okay, no play, but I did wonder if any new ones had been put in slightly off true? drive shafts very hard to check, could just replace both ....but where do you stop ! ....appreciate it's very hard with problems like this, its been in Main Agent's, and to be honest they just adopt the " keep bolting bits on until we find it " attitude.....and guess what ....they still don't know either, even though supposed experts !
Mitch View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12áFebá2018 at 9:04pm
Exactly the same happening in my 08 2.0 Tekna. Changed clutch and flywheel and the crank pulley as that had play in it. All wheels tyres and brakes checked and tracking all good. Mechanic is completely stumped. Going to try the driveshafts next unless someone has a better idea?
stuartspanners View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stuartspanners Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13áFebá2018 at 4:16pm
Sounds like you're at my stage Mitch, albeit with a new clutch and flywheel, I keep thinking could it be the flywheel or clutch? ..... but it's definitely a wobble or swaying side to side, not a juddering, I may be very wrong but it just "feels" as if something is out of balance, then again it does not do it all the time, only under acceleration, harder the acceleration....the more the front wobbles from side to side, as you say, stumped so far ? .....please update if you find it and vice versa.Shocked 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic