Forum Home Forum Home > J10 Qashqai 2006 - 2013 > NONONO
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

2013 Black Roof Bars

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cantfindausername Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2013 Black Roof Bars
    Posted: 19 Feb 2015 at 11:47pm
Just wondering if anyone has, or knows if its possible (hard or easy) to swap out the roof bars for the black roof bars found on the 2013 J10's?

1.6dCi +2 Tekna IS 4WD | Styling Plate | Rear Wing | 360 Cameras | Mud Flaps | Stubby Aerial | Alyans XT2 Side Steps | Westfalia Towbar | LED Interior | Dual Boot Light | DRLs | Full Closure
Lee'71 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee'71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2015 at 7:31am
Don't know if it's the same (should imagine so) but I swopped the black roof bars on my old Volvo V50 for the later silver ones and it's just a case of undoing the retaining bolts (it was four at either ends) and replacing the rails with the newer ones then doing up the bolts again.
2010 N-Tec 1.5dci Café Latte, mudflaps LED int lights front/rear styling plates (painted) auto mirror kit chrome front/rear fog rings flip key fob NEW genuine Nissan DRLs fitted! Lovin' it everyday!
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2015 at 11:42pm
Dont know how hard but certainly possible as they are the same bars just black, they come on the 360 model only along with some other black interior trim that is silver on other models. I preferred the silver bars & trim personally & was hoping to get one of the last n-ted+ models but by the time it came for me to order the new car they'd all gone & I had to get a 360, no major dissapointment though, I can put up with  the black & a bit of leather trim round the seat - the only difference between a n-tec+ & a 360.
2nd QQ ..June 2013 Black +2 360.. After moustaches in Movember, all those beards in Decembeard, I'm not looking forward to Fanuary
cantfindausername View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cantfindausername Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2015 at 7:04pm
Interesting ericos, I didn't realise they were just on the 360 - that will make hunting some down a bit easier! Lee, I think it would be a similar case, get the roof liner off and then its just going to be nuts and bolts with maybe a bit of silicone sealant to be sure. 
1.6dCi +2 Tekna IS 4WD | Styling Plate | Rear Wing | 360 Cameras | Mud Flaps | Stubby Aerial | Alyans XT2 Side Steps | Westfalia Towbar | LED Interior | Dual Boot Light | DRLs | Full Closure
Lee'71 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee'71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2015 at 7:38pm
Shouldn't have to remove the headlining. On my Volvo you just pull the end caps off the roof rails and the bolts are underneath and the QQ looks to be the same as it has end caps also. The nuts are welded onto the roof so you simply unscrew the bolts and remove the roof rails and replace them with the black ones you want and then screw the bolts back in and replace the end caps, job done. I did it myself in no time at all so it must be easy!!
2010 N-Tec 1.5dci Café Latte, mudflaps LED int lights front/rear styling plates (painted) auto mirror kit chrome front/rear fog rings flip key fob NEW genuine Nissan DRLs fitted! Lovin' it everyday!
cantfindausername View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cantfindausername Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2015 at 7:44pm
Even better!! Sounds a doddle!! Thanks for the input!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic