UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Faults and Fixes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

2014 dci1.6 CVT slow to accelerate

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanW1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2014 dci1.6 CVT slow to accelerate
    Posted: 07áJuná2018 at 3:05pm
Hi Forum

Been away for a few years but recently bought a 2014 Acenta Premium Dci 1.6 with 39,000 miles on the clock.

All seemed fine on test drives but since buying it I've noticed a couple of things which I took it back to the dealer for but they said they couldn't see a fault. 

1. It can be very slow to pull away at junctions. I mean I can put my foot to the floor and count 1...2.. and then it goes (and spins the wheels and can be tricky to manage). It's not all the time but it can make pulling into traffic a bit 'interesting'.  I understand that a CVT will be slower to accelerate than a normal auto and there is the whole rubber band feeling sometimes. But this seems excessive.

2. Sometimes when driving, in the 30-50mph band, I get a pronounced wobble/shimmy/vibration through the pedal and into the cabin. Sometimes enough for the passengers to notice. it feels a little like a manual car that is stalling. Again the dealer said they haven't noticed it. It drives me mad. 

The car wasn't cheap and I'm annoyed that I'm having CVT issues again. I like the car but these issues are enough to make me sell and never but another CVT again.

I've watched the videos of the CVT / ECU reset procedure but that doesn't work the the newer Qashqais as far as I can see. Is there a way to force the CVT to relearn or be reset to factory settings?

Thanks 

Alan 

AlanW1980 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanW1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11áJuná2018 at 5:11pm
*bump
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic