FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

2014 Qashqai+2 Spotted,

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
@qashqaiclub @frankiehipwell

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PR07HET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2014 Qashqai+2 Spotted,
    Posted: 09 Feb 2014 at 11:41am
Spotted Here

The Qashqai 2014 +2

It just needs a badge change!
Qashqai Premier Edition 0001/2007 - 370z Roadster - Bianchi C2C Full Carbon - Reebok Air otherwise
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2014 at 12:04pm
I was trying to get 2 similar pictures of the XTrail and QQ next to each other as to my eye the Xtrail IS just a 2014+2......Confused
2011 Qashqai 2.0Ntec+2,Gun Met.Chrome Pack,SideBars,Window Trims,Rear Fog Bezals,Boot Handle,Bumper Trim,Skid Plate,Blue Int. LEDs 6.5yrs off happy 7 Seater motoring and still looks the nads..👍
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2014 at 12:22pm
  QASHQAI

X-TRAIL

Edited by Affman - 09 Feb 2014 at 12:23pm
2011 Qashqai 2.0Ntec+2,Gun Met.Chrome Pack,SideBars,Window Trims,Rear Fog Bezals,Boot Handle,Bumper Trim,Skid Plate,Blue Int. LEDs 6.5yrs off happy 7 Seater motoring and still looks the nads..👍
Applauso View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
NO STRESS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Applauso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2014 at 12:23pm
I think it even has the same dash.
1.6 Tekna Gun metallic
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2014 at 12:26pm
Im wondering my self...is this right.....they do look the same except the XTrail has been put on a rack and stretched abit......

Edited by Affman - 09 Feb 2014 at 12:46pm
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2014 at 12:42am
Intresting, might be able to stay Nissan next time after all - maybeWink
2nd QQ ..June 2013 Black +2 360.. After moustaches in Movember, all those beards in Decembeard, I'm not looking forward to Fanuary
RayBanJockey View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayBanJockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2014 at 6:01am
Don't forget the X-Trail has an engine option that lets you have a 4WD + Automatic, it's a 170ps diesel if I remember correctly. So yes apart from the badge it's the QQ variant many are missing.

---------------

2011 Nightshade 2WD M/T 2.0 petrol 2012 - White - Tekna - 2.0 - CVT - 4WD
Downtime View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Downtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2014 at 6:26am
Originally posted by RayBanJockey RayBanJockey wrote:

Don't forget the X-Trail has an engine option that lets you have a 4WD + Automatic, it's a 170ps diesel if I remember correctly. So yes apart from the badge it's the QQ variant many are missing.

Where did you get this information? As far as I'm aware the european lineup of X-Trail engines has not been announced yet. They will be revealed in the Geneva motorshow in March.

Renault does not have a 170ps engine anymore. The biggest one they have is the 130ps 1.6dci. Why they would put an old lump that produces more co2 to a new type car especially now when the euro6 is closing in.

And I do not think that the X-Trail is a replacement for QQ+2. The biggest issue is the price. The X-Trail most likely will follow the pricing of it's predecessor and that means a price tag of 50k+ euros. So it won't be a cheap car.

Edited by Downtime - 10 Feb 2014 at 6:27am
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayBanJockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2014 at 7:09am
It's the US x-trail that has a 170ps diesel, I'm just assuming we'll see that engine here too as I seriously doubt a car that size with 4WD and automatic can be powered with a 130 HP engine - and the combination 4WD + auto is surely an absolute must for that vehicle class right?

Edited by RayBanJockey - 10 Feb 2014 at 7:09am

---------------

Downtime View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Downtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2014 at 7:20am

It's the US x-trail that has a 170ps diesel, I'm just assuming we'll see that engine here too as I seriously doubt a car that size with 4WD and automatic can be powered with a 130 HP engine - and the combination 4WD + auto is surely an absolute must for that vehicle class right?

No it ain't. It's a 2.5 liter 4-cylinder gasoline engine with 170ps and CVT automatic transmission. Americans dislike diesels and they're taxed more than gasoline cars because of the high particle and NOx emissions.

I too doubt that 1.6dci will be the engine for X-Trail. But at the moment it's the most powerful engine on Renaults lineup.
Most likely Renault will show it's Euro6 engines in Geneva. And hopefully there will be something more powerful presented.
Tiffany View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2014 at 7:47am
My brother has an X-Trail... He'll probably sulk when I park next to him
2017 X-Trail N Vision 1.6 DIG-T Storm White.
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayBanJockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2014 at 11:23am
Originally posted by Downtime Downtime wrote:

No it ain't. It's a 2.5 liter 4-cylinder gasoline engine with 170ps and CVT automatic transmission. Americans dislike diesels and they're taxed more than gasoline cars because of the high particle and NOx emissions.

I too doubt that 1.6dci will be the engine for X-Trail. But at the moment it's the most powerful engine on Renaults lineup.
Most likely Renault will show it's Euro6 engines in Geneva. And hopefully there will be something more powerful presented.

ah petrol is it - I stand corrected Smile

---------------

ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2014 at 4:51pm

Those two pics you post Affy are both of the  same QQ  arent  they?  pics of the xtrail I've  seen are different- especially the back lights

Edited by ericos - 10 Feb 2014 at 5:00pm
2nd QQ ..June 2013 Black +2 360.. After moustaches in Movember, all those beards in Decembeard, I'm not looking forward to Fanuary
dctyke View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dctyke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2014 at 7:46pm
Those two pics are the same car, one pic is just bigger........ good wind-up!
2012 +2 ntec+ gunmetal grey
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2014 at 5:48pm
I googled each individually and put pictures up?....no wind up.

If Ericos's is defo an Xtrail they still look bloody similar and am sorely tempted.

Unfortunately I've decided to keep my +2 after 3 years and just gone through the hasstle of £360 for 2 front tyres, MoT and car tax......just the £8300 left to stump up in March....😒😡😫

Edited by Affman - 11 Feb 2014 at 5:53pm
dctyke View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dctyke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2014 at 6:41pm
Nothing unfortunate mate, the +2 is a bloody good car.  Especially one like yours with all the glitz on.

2012 +2 ntec+ gunmetal grey
John C S View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John C S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2014 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by Downtime Downtime wrote:

It wouldn't be the first time Nissan have provided an underpowered engine!
John C S

Nissan Qashqai+2 2009 (Pre-facelift) 1.6 n-tec in Pearl Black
Downtime View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Downtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2014 at 10:05am
And they've confirmed the lineup for European market.

1.6 dci 130ps engine. 4wd and manual only, 2WD manual + xtronic.

Petrol engines not announced yet but most likely the only one available will be the new 1.6 liter DIG-T turbo engine with 160ps.
gadget View Drop Down
Drop in and Say Hello Moderator
Drop in and Say Hello Moderator
Inspector

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gadget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2014 at 1:23pm
We wanted the +2, but local dealer only has a 63 Plate at £23k - sadly the "bank of Wife" won't stretch that far!!
2007 Acenta 1.5dci in Black with Panoramic Sunroof. Connect System. Boot & Door Sill Plates. Removable Towbar.
speculatrix View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speculatrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2014 at 12:14am
Seems like the x trail did replace the QQ+2 faster all. Saw one in local dreamer, looks like a stretched QQ.
2011 model QQ+2, n-tec, red, 2L turbo diesel.
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2014 at 12:29am
Yup - the X-tail can be a 5 or 7 seater, unlike the the QQ though the body length remains the same regardless of which one you choose. That was one of my issues with the original QQ, I only wanted 5 seats but the bigger boot of a +2. Just seems a shame the extra seats in mine go to waste
speculatrix View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speculatrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2014 at 12:36am
Oops, just seen the autocorrectos on my previous post. You can guess what I meant.

Local dealer, not dreamer!
2011 model QQ+2, n-tec, red, 2L turbo diesel.
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2014 at 12:44am
Big smile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic