UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > J11 Qashqai 2014 - > Nissan Qashqai J11 Engine Range > 1.2 L Turbo I4 (Petrol)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

2016 Qashqai problems

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jay70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2016 at 11:48am
Originally posted by Hound Hound wrote:

You haven't had much luck with that car :(

I never ever expected this when buying a brandnew car...
jay70 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jay70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2016 at 6:59pm
Since I took the car back to the dealership on Saturday and being told a manager would call me on the Monday I've heard nothing (unsurprisingly) but I did get a call from my Nissan customer services case manager on Monday lunchtime, only 3 weeks after he said he would call me back in two days! lol

After a lengthy discussion he told me he would call the dealership and would call me back before the end of the day. Yeah well, that didn't happen! He also didn't call back Tuesday, or Yesterday! 

So I called him yesterday lunchtime to be told he hadn't heard back from the service manager and that he would call him now and call me back.....Once again no call back!.....and the same today, haven't heard a thing.

Enough's enough, so I headed up to the dealers this afternoon and hand delivered a rejection letter and that's where we're at....No car and no courtesy car, my wife has had to walk our daughter to school this week then get a 2 busses to work.
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2016 at 9:17am
Angry
QQ5 (YES 5...!!) 2017 Vivid Blue DIG-T 115 X-Tronic Tekna+
jay70 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jay70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2016 at 10:23am
Originally posted by G5 BOY G5 BOY wrote:

Angry

That's exactly how I feel along with amazed at the lack of communication from both the dealer and Nissan customer services.

I going to have to hire a car for next week so my wife can get about as well as take our young daughter to school and get to work.
Picasso View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Picasso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2016 at 12:51pm
It's really scary hearing stories like this makes you think twice about buying from the same manufacturer
The lack of response from the garage is probably understandable if they are waiting for Nissan customer services approval. As for the 1.2 engine you might as well run a 2 litre engine for the mpg you will get apart from road tax not much difference there.

Edited by Picasso - 30 Sep 2016 at 12:53pm
Udo2009 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Udo2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2016 at 2:20pm
It's not the manufacturer... I think all of the problems mentioned in this thread and anywhere else are to 99 % the fault of the respective dealer.

Either they care for their customers - or they don't.

When my Qashqai was within warranty and I appeared at the dealer's with a (minor) problem it was always "We'll fix this rightaway..." no bickering, no excuses "We have to ask Nissan first...", etc.

I'm very pleased with the three dealers I had over the run of the years...
Qashqai Acenta, 2,0 dCi, 110 kW, DPF, Euro5, black Z11G
jay70 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jay70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2016 at 7:58pm
I finally managed to get hold of my customer services case manager this afternoon who told me that Nissan will not accept my request to reject the car under the current issues.

Basically....I've been told that the dealer has a right to try and fix any issue with a car so you could have one different issue per week and there is nothing you can do because of their right to try and fix......Also that even with a problem that the dealer has "fixed" yet reoccurs it is still up to Nissan whether they reject that car or not which goes against the consumer rights act 2015 regarding new cars.

In essence, one you're into a deal you're in and there really is no way out unless you are very lucky.!

So the options I was given from Nissan customer services.

Option 1 - I go to the dealers, collect the car and just accept the issues.

or

Option 2- Once again I let the dealer try and fix the clunking issues and restore my faith in the brand, which if funny because they couldn't find nothing clunking when it was in for the engine removal and timing chain fix.

Obviously I chose or was more forced into option 2.!!

So once I "was forced into had made my decision" I asked about a courtesy car, the case manager said he would speak to the dealer again to see if they had car. A couple of hours later he called back saying my car had been looked at and there is nothing wrong with it and it's ready for collection.....??

I questioned this but he said again it was ready for collection, so my wife and I made our way to the dealers a little confused. I spoke to the lady on service and told her I was here to collect my car and gave her the details. She went off and 5 minutes later came back and said they were ordering us a hire car so I told her what the case manager had told me....She was as confused as I was.!

So at this moment in time, I can't reject the car because the Nissan mafia say I can't, the car is still at the dealers having not been looked at even though the case manager said it had and it was fine and I have a Vauxhall Mokka as a hire car!
duncho View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duncho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2016 at 9:11pm
It indeed is mafia, as dealers also Nissan Sales CEE.... Nissan authorized dealer in Slovakia (www.nissantn.sk) ruined my car after their repair made, so I rejected the car and requested the fix. After week and a half I came to pick it up and it was even worse!!! I made a complaint to Nissan Sales CEE and all my inputs were rejected as by dealer also Nissan Sales CEE. I have DVR camera in the car, so checked what those "professionals" were doing with my car... NO COMMENT!! I called my lawyer and passed him all the details.

I go public, will publish all damages on my youtube channel (https://m.youtube.com/user/duncho1), which already is penetrated by faults identified on my vehicle. I'm gonna send another email to Nissan Motors Japan and will contact all local media in Slovakia.

Jay70, Good luck with your case, stay strong and don't give up!!!
jay70 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jay70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2016 at 7:02pm
So we collected the car on Tuesday but today is the first time I've driven it due to working away(My has been driving it)

The clunk which they said was a "characteristic" of the car does appear to have gone, I think what they have done is remove the rear brake pads and copper slip them.

As for the suspension creak.............Well it still sounds like the floor boards in a haunted house.!!!

jay70 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jay70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 6:10pm
I'm currently recording my mpg as advised by the dealer because of my mpg concern. The form they gave me requires me to record the mpg 3 times, how much fuel I put in in litres and the miles covered.

I've just finished my first go. I filled the tank with zero miles on the fuel computer which took 50 litres. With those 50 litres I've manged 329 miles which equates to 29.9 mpg..........That's pretty poor in my book.

We'll see what the next 2 goes brings.
GelJ View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GelJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 6:24pm
May be worth lashing out on a tankful of Shell V Power or BP Ultimate fuel; Honest John a Motoring Writer (Daily Telegraph), is always recommending this more expensive option, to both clean your engine (shouldn't be necessary yet in your case), and enhance your mpg.

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/faq/best-fuels/
Udo2009 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Udo2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 9:05pm
Originally posted by jay70 jay70 wrote:

...With those 50 litres I've manged 329 miles which equates to 29.9 mpg..........That's pretty poor in my book..

I've looked at the German equivalent of Fuelly - there were 110 Qashqais with the 1.2 l engine listed - they had an average consumption of 31,03095 mpg ... - you're not that far away...
jay70 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jay70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by Udo2009 Udo2009 wrote:

...With those 50 litres I've manged 329 miles which equates to 29.9 mpg..........That's pretty poor in my book..

I've looked at the German equivalent of Fuelly - there were 110 Qashqais with the 1.2 l engine listed - they had an average consumption of 31,03095 mpg ... - you're not that far away...

Even at 31 mpg that is still very very poor IMO. When I was sat down with the salesman I was told that the 1.2 was the most popular engine and would see 40+ town driving, this was backed up with mpg figures I found on line.....I'd of never of opted for the 1.2 if I knew the mpg was so poor. 

If I wanted a daily driver with poor mpg I'd let my wife drive my toy around everyday. At least with though there is a reason for its poor mpg!

http://s85.photobucket.com/user/jayallen_01/media/e1_zpsspdb7npe.jpg. - http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k43/jayallen_01/e1_zpsspdb7npe.jpg

I'll continue with my recorded fill ups then throw it back at Nissan as I have everything else.! 
jay70 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jay70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 7:20pm
Not sure why my pics don't show up.
Udo2009 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Udo2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 8:18pm
I'm not surprised at all about these figures. The engine is small, the Qashqai is a large car.

Where a 2.0 litre engine operates in the partial load range most of the time, the 1.2 litre engine OTOH has to operate in the full load range most of the time.

Partial load saves fuel, full load consumes fuel. It's as easy as that...

The New European Driving Cycle (NEDC) on the roller dynamometer consists mostly of partial load "driving" Therefore the good values in the brochures. Reality is another thing altogether...

Edited by Udo2009 - 13 Oct 2016 at 8:21pm
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2016 at 10:18am

Not sure why my pics don't show up.

jay

You have to make a teeny contribution to the club to access all areas and post pics etc.

£6 or £10 with a sticker.  One off lifetime - bargain Tongue.

G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2016 at 10:23am

jay

This is my only disappointment with the 1.2. It performs like my 2.0 QQs but also drinks as much Disapprove.  It does improve with age (don't we all?) but will never hit the dizzy heights that they claim Angry.

I'm on mid 30s now as an average.

GelJ View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GelJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2016 at 11:52am
You need to pay for that privilege on this forum.
jay70 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jay70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2016 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by G5 BOY G5 BOY wrote:

jay

This is my only disappointment with the 1.2. It performs like my 2.0 QQs but also drinks as much Disapprove.  It does improve with age (don't we all?) but will never hit the dizzy heights that they claim Angry.

I'm on mid 30s now as an average.

Very disappointing indeed especially when the 1.2 wasn't my first choice of engine and I only opted for the 1.2 due to what I was told and it seemed to make sense. At the end of the day I was talking to a main dealer about buying a £24k car, not a market trader trying to flog me cheap tat from China.

The car goes back in on November the 7th for them to have yet another look at the creaking, once I have It back I'll decide what I'll do with it. I popped into Volkswagen yesterday and looked at the New Tiguan, looks very nice.
Udo2009 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Udo2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2016 at 1:53pm
But don't buy the Tiguan with the 1.4 litre engine... This will be about the same as the Qashqai with the 1.2 litre engine. Regardless what the dealer will tell you....

Edited by Udo2009 - 15 Oct 2016 at 1:53pm
jay70 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jay70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2016 at 8:03pm

But don't buy the Tiguan with the 1.4 litre engine... This will be about the same as the Qashqai with the 1.2 litre engine. Regardless what the dealer will tell you....

I wouldn't, I'd look at a diesel..
Udo2009 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Udo2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2016 at 9:32pm
Thumbs Up
jay70 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jay70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2016 at 8:32pm
Just finished my second tank of fuel. 

52 litres to top it up and the car has managed 335 miles which equates to 29.2 which is basically identical to the first documented tankful. One more documented tank before I can take it up with Nissan!

Tank 1 - 50 litres @329 = 29.9

Tank 2 - 52 litres@335 - 29.2
duncho View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duncho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2016 at 6:25am
On my car (1.6dCi) Nissan claims 4.3l/100km and the real consumption is 8.2l/100km. The best ever achieved was 5.3l/100km.
Coupe racing View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coupe racing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2016 at 2:39pm
Hi
I have just joined and this scenario stuck a chord with me as I have just rejected a Ford Focus ( 9 months old )

Likewise , I perused the dealer and Ford customer services , all of which was a waste of time , and I was looking to be very much out of pocket as a result.

However - if you pay for the car via - in this case - Nissan Finance , then they have an interest to protect your rights.
OR - if you paid for part or all of the vehicle by credit card - then the credit card company have an interest to protect your rights.

In my case - it was Ford Credit UK who initiated the buy back

Hope that helps

jay70 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jay70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2016 at 7:08am
How did you "perused" them? I've tried everything but have got nowhere!
GelJ View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GelJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2016 at 8:02am
See
http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/news/miscellaneous/2015-09/new-consumer-rights-act-gives-car-buyers-right-to-reject/

Your contract is with the dealership not Nissan of course.
Coupe racing View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coupe racing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2016 at 8:43am
By persue I meant :

Call , visit , email and write to the dealer and apply pressure .
Get an independent body to check the car

In all honesty there needs to be major problems with a car to trigger a buy back

For me the financial side of things helped me
Qashqainewbie View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Qashqainewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 2:06pm
I have the same car as you, (17 plate) and I get around the 37/39 mark around town, and 48 on a non stop 20 mile journey. I too wish I'd got the 1.6, as I've always been used to a bit of poke, but the 1.2 has grown on me. The rest of the car has been brilliant, up to now. (ddddoooohhhhh, you know what's gonna happen now.) 
2017 1.2 Dig-T Accenta
2012 Qashqai 1.6Dci Techna white

Hard work after a GTD, but getting there.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic