Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Petrol Heads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

2.0L PETROL CONSUMPTION

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2.0L PETROL CONSUMPTION
    Posted: 05áOctá2008 at 4:26pm
To Quashqai owners concerning the subject what fuel consumption figures are you getting with a 2 litre petrol engine about town and on motorways etc, not interested in what the official figures say but what the owners say.Wink
bat fastard View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bat fastard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05áOctá2008 at 5:04pm
With cvt usually 36-39 long motorway and 32-33 short journeys to work and back. Providing i dont see any of those oil burner diesel ones about and fly past them to show how clean the petrol engine is.LOLLOLPig
Understeer is when you hit a fence with the front of the car.
Oversteer is when you hit a fence with rear of car.
Horsepower is how fast you hit fence.
Torque is how far you take fence with you.
Mr Bloo View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Bloo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05áOctá2008 at 10:53pm
Hi Loveman,

Baby Bloo has cvt and I have achieved about 38 to 39.6 on long motorway journeys and 33 to 36 short journeys, 32 ish around town.  Nice figures for a petrol machine.

You will love it to bits. LOL
Qashqai Guy View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Qashqai Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06áOctá2008 at 7:29am
Originally posted by bat fastard bat fastard wrote:

i dont see any of those oil burner diesel ones about and fly past them to show how clean the petrol engine is.LOLLOLPig

So you fly past invisible cars, Confused i think you will find we can all do that. Wink
My 2nd QQ both 1.5 Intense Blue lots of chrome this one the +2 GREAT Car
Artur View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11áOctá2008 at 12:11am
Everyday trip from Croydon to Central London on A23 [busy one] and on average I get 24mpg. Motorway, 33miles long trip, average speed 70mph and QQ does 37mpg. I'm still under 1k so I drive gently.
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13áOctá2008 at 8:58am
Overall average currently 29.9 (maybe 70/30 town and motorway split)  I don't tend to check each trip mpg, as I think overall average is what you want to know.
QQ5 (YES 5...!!) 2017 Vivid Blue DIG-T 115 X-Tronic Tekna+
4x4 nut View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4x4 nut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13áOctá2008 at 9:30am
Before annual service 29.5mpg, after service(1month ago) 33.5mpg!
Mainly rural driving.

2.0l 4wd CVT
Aberqai View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aberqai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19áOctá2008 at 3:57pm
At 2,500+ miles  have 38.9mpg overall indicated since collection from the dealer.

At 3,000 miles had 38.9 and 4,000 miles 39.2mpg but that was a trip on the motorways in France and around the Normandy countryside.

At 6000 miles we are at 38.1mpg having been restricted to short trips around town for the last couple of months. Interesting to find the battery 'tell tail' was black, not green after this sort of running @ 6K. No problem starting yet!

At 7,000 miles we are at 37.8mpg having done a lot of town driving. Then travelled to London for the first service because the agency I bought it from went bust!Ouch

Edited by Aberqai - 18áJuná2009 at 11:39am
Mr Bloo View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Bloo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19áOctá2008 at 10:25pm
Brill Aberqai, who needs Doosle in thierOuch tank ?
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áNová2008 at 10:03am
Now here's a funny thing............

Over the 15k I have done so far I only check overall average mpg and the more miles you have done, the less likely any changes in driving for a trip or two will affect that - it's just maths - agreed?

OK - over that 15k it has varied from 29.3 to 29.6.  Not bad for the juiciest variant.  I normally use cruise on the motorway every now and then at say 70-80 and do short 3 mile each way trips to work each day during the week.

We have just got back from a week in Dorset/Somerset/Devon which comprised mostly slow twisty lanes, motorways where it wasn't worth using cruise due to traffic and a superb high revving thrash with another driver who just wouldn't give in Embarrassed.

Now that must be comparable or worse than my usual week eh?

So why is she now showing an overall average of 30.2, meaning that week must have been - what? - over 40 to affect the average like that?

So from now on it's thrashing/no cruise control for me LOL.
loveman View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20áNová2008 at 6:42pm
A quick update on fuel consumption, fuel guage reading half full and only covered 141 miles from full tank, I realise that the display is only an indication and also shows average of 29mpg. Will post when refuelling to give a more accurate reading. So far so good with the squashy and am most impressed otherwiseTongue
kingarthur64 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingarthur64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20áNová2008 at 7:54pm
My God, am I glad I have the 1.6 petrol model. Have done about 500 miles in the week or so I have had my Qashqai and the average mpg for that time is over 45 mpg. I know you have a bigger, faster engine and get better performance but the fuel consumption is more reasonable!   
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21áNová2008 at 8:27am

Yer pays yer money and yer makes yer choice.

This here is a topic for us 'loadsamoney-stuff the planet-gas guzzlers' kingarthur64, not 'miserly-planet-saving-whogetsthebestmpgers'.  Now go and count your pennies elsewhere, while we single-handedly help that nice Mr Darling and the fuel industry through these difficult times.

WinkLOL
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingarthur64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21áNová2008 at 8:50am
I'll get my coat then!
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21áNová2008 at 1:58pm
Heart ..............no need - we 2.0 folk still love you, even though you've only got a lttle 'un Hug.

Edited by G5 BOY - 21áNová2008 at 1:59pm
thRONe View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thRONe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21áNová2008 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by G5 BOY G5 BOY wrote:

Heart ..............no need - we 2.0 folk still love you, even though you've only got a lttle 'un Hug.

Big engine=small equipment???LOLLOLLOLLOL
1.6 Acenta Flame Red 2008
1.6 Acenta Cafe Latte 2010
1.6 Acenta Magnetic red 2012
From 1/9/14 VW Polo, ú20 tax, handbrake, full size spare wheel, 0-62 in 9.3 secs
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24áNová2008 at 8:23am
  1. Are you speaking from personal experience? LOL
  2. I consider a 2.0 as a small engine Wink
loveman View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05áDecá2008 at 5:40pm
Filled my tank up to day, done a total of 301 miles from a full tank, 4 weeks ago. Put a total of 11.6 gallon back into fill up the tank so my MPG is 25.95MPG around town, leaving 2.65 gallon in the tank when petrol light came on. I don't expect to get any more than this about town driving, otherwise the car is fine. Will update every now and again to see how things go.
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingarthur64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06áDecá2008 at 10:08am
G5 Boy
Your slight increase in mpg is probably down to the fact that you were doing longer journeys at normal operating temperature as opposed to short 3 mile stints with a cold engine (= high mpg)
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08áDecá2008 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by kingarthur64 kingarthur64 wrote:

G5 Boy
Your slight increase in mpg is probably down to the fact that you were doing longer journeys at normal operating temperature as opposed to short 3 mile stints with a cold engine (= high mpg)

oh yes - I get that, but I have done similar trips before and to suddenly affect an average taken over 16k miles, which has never really varied,  it seemed a surprise that's all.
loveman View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03áJaná2009 at 12:53pm
28 days later and Sqashy needs more juice, covered 316 miles, used 52.95 litres of fuel, so MPG works out at just over 27MPG. No faults so farClap
moxib View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moxib Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30áJaná2009 at 8:31am

got my 2009 spec acenta i love it!!! i would post pics for some reason it wont let me. i read the thread about adding them aswell.

just one litlle concern with new car i filled it up with petrol and it said i would be able to c0ver about 340miles. not sure if thats right as i have done 150 mile and average 31mpg hopefully will improve when ran in. its a 2.0 petrol
mohawk View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
White Rose.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30áJaná2009 at 9:11am
Your MPG will vary between around 25mpg on short journeys to around high 30,s on longer journeys. Also the manual box will probably do a little better. I noticed on the first QQ 2.L CVT we had that the MPG was a bit better after the first service. We now have a +2 same engine and CVT and its doing on average around 27mpg which i think is ok as the car is heavier.Big%20smile
2010 QQ+2 Tekna, Magnetic Red, 2L petrol,CVT,4WD. Chrome side bars,sill strips, rear door grip, tailgate strip, front and rear entry guards,front foglight bezels.Proud Owner.SAC Member.
loveman View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30áJaná2009 at 9:52am
Filled Sqashy up once more covered 326.5 mile, averaged 26.6 mpg.Tongue
moxib View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moxib Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30áJaná2009 at 9:54am
ye they are very good engines aslong as i averge them figures ill be happy. just thought it would have given more fuel range on a full tank was expecting in 400s

do you think this will improve as car runs in? what range the computer give you on a full tank
mohawk View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
White Rose.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30áJaná2009 at 12:20pm
I still think how you use your car over the first 1000 miles or so will reflect on the engines longevity and performanceThumbs%20Up. Not checked the range yet but i will over the next few weeks.
2010 QQ+2 Tekna, Magnetic Red, 2L petrol,CVT,4WD. Chrome side bars,sill strips, rear door grip, tailgate strip, front and rear entry guards,front foglight bezels.Proud Owner.SAC Member.
Will View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Reading, Berkshire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Will Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30áJaná2009 at 7:07pm
My 2.0 manual 4WD QQ has now done 12000 miles over 12 months at average speed of 30+ mph and I have achieved 32.6mpg which I think is pretty good for a 2 litre.
moxib View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moxib Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02áFebá2009 at 5:36pm
i done 340 mile just town driving and my overall mpg is 29.6 if its stay like this ill be happy.
Hoseman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoseman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29áMará2009 at 7:29pm
I have just returned from a trip around Weardale and Teesdale a journey of approx 120 miles with some long steep hills and moorland driving and returned 37.2 MPG which I was well pleased with as the car is only 2 days old.
My previous car was a Nissan Note 1.6 automatic and I would average about 40 MPG on a similar trip.

Hoseman  2.0 Litre Visia CVT

Edited by Hoseman - 29áMará2009 at 7:37pm
Gazzac View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gazzac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29áMará2009 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by Hoseman Hoseman wrote:

I have just returned from a trip around Weardale and Teesdale a journey of approx 120 miles with some long steep hills and moorland driving and returned 37.2 MPG which I was well pleased with as the car is only 2 days old.
My previous car was a Nissan Note 1.6 automatic and I would average about 40 MPG on a similar trip.

I'm in a similar boat.  The car is just over 2 weeks old but I've only clocked up 120 miles so far (been away on a course for a week).  My average is 35.7mpg but most of those miles have been pretty urban driving so when the engine has loosened up I'm pretty confident of late 30's on a decent run.  I'm impressed by how well she pulls fom low revs even though the engine is clearly still tight.

QQ 2.0 Tekna 2WD with Sat Nav in Blade
FLUFFY ALAN View Drop Down
Acenta
Acenta

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FLUFFY ALAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05áAugá2009 at 5:06pm
THESE FUEL MILES UNTIL EMPTY GAUGES..........THEY CONSTANTLY VARY.........THEY ARE LOOKING ALL THE TIME AT YOUR DRIVING......FAST SLOW....UNDER LOAD......SPEED.......UP HILL......DOWN HILL ETC. ETC.

THEREFORE IT RE-CALCULATES THE MILES LEFT IN THE TANK AS YOU ARE DRIVING ALONG,
BUT AND ITS
A BIG BUT 

EVEN THEN WHEN THE GAUGE SAYS YOU HAVE NO MORE MILES LEFT IN THE TANK..........YOU HAVE.......DON'T QUOTE ME OR RUN TIL EMPTY, BUT YOU CAN GENERALLY GET ANOTHER 60/70/EVEN 80 MILES AFTER GAUGE SAY'S EMPTY!!!!

Regards
Fluffy Alan

LOVE MAKING BETWEEN TWO PEOPLE IS A BEAUTIFUL THING.........YOUV'E JUST GOT TO BE IN-BETWEEN THE RIGHT TWO PEOPLE.
anteg View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anteg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05áAugá2009 at 6:00pm
Fair point

to find out how much further you can go, you need to subtract what is left in the tank from a full tank (if you fill completely each time you go to the petrol station & reset guages to zero)

I dont know how big the qq tank is but if I guess 60 litres & the car is saying "empty" when you have only used 50 litres and travelled 300 miles, you know you have another 1/6 of your current mileage left = 50 miles
loveman View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17áSepá2009 at 10:22am

Fuel consumption update, covered 372 miles using just over 12 gallon so works out about 30.87 MPG, done town driving and about over 100mile of motorway driving so not bad for the 2L petrol.Embarrassed

mohawk View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
White Rose.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18áSepá2009 at 9:01am
Thats about right loveman. The more motorway driving you do then the MPG will go up. Our QQ is presently at 32.7 MPGBig smile. It's been up to around 35 plus at one point. The previous QQ 2L petrol we had even got up to 39 MPG sometimesSmile. So there is room for improvement.
Impith View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Impith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22áSepá2009 at 10:06pm
I usually average 32mpg but did manage 45mpg on a 250 mile motorway run once in my 2.0L petrol. Slow. Boring. Lots of cruise control at 60 mph. But possible.
Qashqai 1.6 Dig-T Tekna Nightshade
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
  Share Topic