UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Diesel Heads > 1.6dCi
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

2nd service (major) due

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bryan3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2nd service (major) due
    Posted: 24 Apr 2015 at 1:56pm
Hi guys
Our 2013 j10 1.6dci is due it's 2nd service on its birthday.
Just ticked over 25'000 miles(had done 19k on its first service so it was well run in by its previous owner) in the 6 months we have owned it we have put 1100 miles on her,anyway I digress.
Major service is £250 at our local nissan dealer in ilkeston,we are also having the fuel filter changed so an extra £60.
While it seems alot of money(which it is) the rac recovery is peace of mind and a nissan dealer stamp seems a must for future re sale,so roll on 16th may.
old shape 2013 tekna 1.6dci
Newest car we have ever owned
PaulJ View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2015 at 5:13pm
To be honest that £250 is not too bad a price for a dealership, it is much the same here in Edinburgh at the Nissan dealers and as you say includes the breakdown cover for another year.

Last time I had mine done at an independent (friends business) and it was just over the £200 mark including the new fuel filter, but of course no breakdown cover.

Hope this helps.
2010 Qashqai+2, 2.0dci 4WD Auto, Tekna, Pearl Black
bryan3 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bryan3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2015 at 7:01pm
Yeah
I think an 18month old car needs to stay in the dealer network just incase something under warranty goes bang.
cantfindausername View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cantfindausername Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2015 at 9:09pm
Its hard for me to accept the costs that a garage or dealer charge to put a few £ of oil in and a set of filters. I get trade at Halfords and have always serviced my own cars using theirs and other motor factors for parts. The labour on a service is minimal, but because this car is one that I need to keep the FNSH on I have opted to let them do the work. One good thing I was able to sign up to was the monthly payment for servicing. Spreading the cost throughout the years so no big payout on the day. Will soften the blow a bit hopefully. 
1.6dCi +2 Tekna IS 4WD | Styling Plate | Rear Wing | 360 Cameras | Mud Flaps | Stubby Aerial | Alyans XT2 Side Steps | Westfalia Towbar | LED Interior | Dual Boot Light | DRLs | Full Closure
bryan3 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bryan3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2015 at 9:44pm
It is a dilemma
I have changed all the discs and pads on our Qq,as while it's in warranty brakes are a consumable to me,and I must have saved a good few ££ compared to nissan doing them.
Now the same could be said of engine oil,air filter etc,BUT as they also have a direct affect on the engine and turbo(which I wouldn't want to have to pay to replace)iam prepared to pay dealer prices for these consumables to be fitted as this should cover me against a big,big bill.my thoughts are the same for the dealer supplying and fitting new brake fluid.As the system is a sealed system the discs and pads I have fitted (pagid) would have no affect on say a brake line/calliper /master cylinder failing and being claimed for via the warranty.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic