UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Petrol Heads > 1.6i Petrol
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

3 year review

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UrbanNomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 3 year review
    Posted: 21 Apr 2012 at 5:35pm
Have owned my QQ  for 3 years now, so thought I would write a review on the ownership experience to date. I thought it would be easy enough to do, but became stuck after a couple of minutes Embarrassed.

The trouble is there hasn't been any trouble! OK when I purchased "Tyson" ( all QQ's must be named LOL ) way back in 2009 there was a recall for a steering cover screw? Confused There's posts on here about it. Dropped Tyson off in the morning and picked her up at lunchtime, job completed. All carried out fuss and stress free by Glyn Hopkins Leyton, a special mention to service manager Andy who is a top bloke Thumbs Up.

Shocks were replaced at the first and second service, this was a precautionary measure as I had no problems with them at all. Also on start up there was a slight squealing sound, this turned out to be a slipping belt ( known issue on 1.6 petrol ) which was replaced by a better quality one, solving the problem.

That's it really, my QQ has not failed to start or left me stranded, and I still love driving it. All the attractions that lured me in the first place still satisfy. The high seating position, chunky good looks, acceptable size, are all spot on. Newer rivals have better economy, I'm averaging 25-26mpg at the mo,  it's actually quicker for me to cycle to work. The short distance does impact heavily on fuel economy, so in all fairness most equivalent petrol cars may be similar.

Overall I'll give my QQ 9 / 10, it has average fuel economy but the all round reliability and solid build quality gives reassurance that you wont have to splash out on costly parts etc for a good few years!

Peace

Smile

Bling-free 2009 QQ Acenta 1.6 called Tyson in Faded Denim, still looking box fresh!
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2012 at 5:39pm
2011 Qashqai 2.0Ntec+2,Gun Met.Chrome Pack,SideBars,Window Trims,Rear Fog Bezals,Boot Handle,Bumper Trim,Skid Plate,Blue Int. LEDs 6.5yrs off happy 7 Seater motoring and still looks the nads..👍
UrbanNomad View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UrbanNomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2012 at 5:45pm
Affman, the QQ is just a fantastic car Thumbs Up It carries on the bullet proof reliability of the dull Almera in an attractive package, no wonder there are so many on the road now. I would not hesitate to recommend to family or friends.

Bling-free 2009 QQ Acenta 1.6 called Tyson in Faded Denim, still looking box fresh!
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2012 at 5:53pm
I can Honestly say that I am in no position to make a review compared to another Car. If the QQ was say 5 years old, I could, as all the Cars I've had before have been around that Old (mostly hand downs from the Wife) but admittedly the last 2 were only 6 months old when we bought them. So say Give it another 2 years say and I could compare it to them....... .......I'm a bit Sour at the moment with this Sat Nav update, if they could give a descent excuse or at least resolve the problem I would be 100% happy up to now.......
2011 Qashqai 2.0Ntec+2,Gun Met.Chrome Pack,SideBars,Window Trims,Rear Fog Bezals,Boot Handle,Bumper Trim,Skid Plate,Blue Int. LEDs 6.5yrs off happy 7 Seater motoring and still looks the nads..👍
Fee View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Mary Whitehouse

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2012 at 6:31pm
Woohoo!!!! Glad you are happy Stuart, nice to hear positives and good things!!!!

All the best for another 3 years or another QQ!!!????

Keep smiling!!!!!!!

Love
Fee x
2.0 Visia 2007, 1.5 Dci Acenta 2008' 1.6 Acenta 2009 and 1.5dci N-Tec 2011....bye bye Qashqai!! hiya Juke 1.5dci NTEC
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UrbanNomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2012 at 6:32pm
I'll have to read up on this "techy" Sat Nav issue Confused.  I'm Old Skool as they say, so make do with a battered old Tom Tom. My mobile phone has buttons, much to the amusement of my younger work colleagues! LOL  Mind you I reckon I can text faster than them!

Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UrbanNomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2012 at 6:39pm
Thanks Fee! Hug Think I should go on Jerry Springer "I love my Qashqai" because I really do! Embarrassed There are some nights when I get up in the early hours just to look out the window at Tyson, I'm afraid it's soooooooo true! LOL

elyl View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elyl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2012 at 6:43pm
This is reassuring, having just bought a (diesel) of the same age as yours.
Coming from a Renault which had done just a few thousand more than my new (used) Qashqai, I wanted something reliable.  I know Nissan and Renault are almost one-and-the-same, but I always trust Japanese models better than certain European equivalents.

Just as an example, my Renault Laguna 2.2 DCi, as I say, a few thousand more miles than the Qashqai...
Entirely new gearbox had to be fitted (out of warranty) - a common problem, apparently.
Exhaust system renewed.
Front window regulators replaced, twice, by me (Renault wanted silly money)
Rear window started to wind itself down of its own accord with the engine off and the key out!
Numerous tyre pressure sensor failures (£80 a pop, can only be fitted by Renault)
Loss of power and fuel injection faults at random

And, the one which finally convinced me to chuck it, the immobiliser randomly deciding that the keycard wasn't actually inserted, when it was, and not allowing the engine to start, requiring fuse removal/battery disconnection/immobiliser disconnection (not an easy job) then reconnecting to recognise the key again.

I hope I have nowhere near the problems with the QQ.
2009 1.5dci n-tec, black, connect, panoramic roof, automirrors
sadsod View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sadsod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2012 at 6:43pm
Originally posted by UrbanNomad UrbanNomad wrote:

Affman, the QQ is just a fantastic car Thumbs Up It carries on the bullet proof reliability of the dull Almera in an attractive package, no wonder there are so many on the road now. I would not hesitate to recommend to family or friends.

I had an Almera from new ,5 years  tough and reliable apart from one weird fuse blowing period which would take out rear lights -not funny on M8 at night and first you knew was other drivers flashing from behind (front still working) but we both liked it. I was parked alongside one the other day and there is a lot of simmilarities in appearance especially from side on view ,interiour space none to different either.
 Spent a few minutes wondering how to jack the Almera suspension up for extra ground clearance . Decided not worth bother and moved on.
To be honest would have kept Almera 10 years if it had not been for loss of confidence in electrics.
moved to p12 primera ,great diesel alkward car to park, then a Note -loved it tardis like capacity.
Now on 2nd QQ--  deep down I dont think these will be trouble free in 5-10 year period. but then thats just my feeling -nothing to support it.
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UrbanNomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2012 at 6:51pm
elyl, there are lots of 1.5dci owners on here, so any questions they will be able to assist I'm sure Thumbs Up

Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UrbanNomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2012 at 7:01pm
Hi Sadsod, we had a 2004  Almera 1.5 petrol SE as a sort of second car, runabout thing. No problem whatsoever with it, apart from the looks LOL Part Ex'd it last year for an Aygo Blue, because of the minimal  usage it made more sense ( tax and insurance wise ).

Agree that if you look closely enough, there are some subtle design details that have been carried over from the Almera to the Qashqai. The rear window shape is similar as is the roof  when viewed in profile.

Smile

Cowpers View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
THE DARK LORD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cowpers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2012 at 8:02pm
Nice review Urban..its a nice juxtaposition that by saying so little, you said so much!
1.5Dci Tekna, Pearl Black, 60 Plate
1.6Dci Tekna with Stop/Start Pearl Black 63 plate
sadsod View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sadsod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2012 at 11:34am
Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic