UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > J11 Qashqai 2014 - > J11 Hints, Tips and How To...
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 35 second wait before I can see parking sensors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

35 second wait before I can see parking sensors

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jgwatibm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 35 second wait before I can see parking sensors
    Posted: 04áAprá2014 at 5:55pm
2014 Acenta Premium

I find that when I turn the car on, the display between Speedo and rev counter shows me the rear seat occupancy and seatbelt status for 35 seconds whether anyone is sitting there or not.

This is annoying for me as if I start to move before that time I often have the parking sensors ping at me but I can't see which area is close to the car as the graphic won't come up.

A minor annoyance but if you are moving away from an unfamiliar spot such information is important so you are forced to wait .

Is there somewhere to change this?
noki49 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noki49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04áAprá2014 at 8:54pm
One option would be to plug in the rear seat belts.
That gets rid of the seat belt warning.
1.6 Tekna in magnetic red ordered 19th Sept. ETA 7th Feb. Revised ETA 21st Feb. Arrived at Dealers 10th Feb. Collected 1st March 2011.
noki49 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noki49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04áAprá2014 at 8:56pm
The rear seats don't have any sensors to detect if anyone is sat in them.
1.6 Tekna in magnetic red ordered 19th Sept. ETA 7th Feb. Revised ETA 21st Feb. Arrived at Dealers 10th Feb. Collected 1st March 2011.
Kenobi View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenobi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04áAprá2014 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by jgwatibm jgwatibm wrote:

2014 Acenta Premium

I find that when I turn the car on, the display between Speedo and rev counter shows me the rear seat occupancy and seatbelt status for 35 seconds whether anyone is sitting there or not.

This is annoying for me as if I start to move before that time I often have the parking sensors ping at me but I can't see which area is close to the car as the graphic won't come up.

A minor annoyance but if you are moving away from an unfamiliar spot such information is important so you are forced to wait .

Is there somewhere to change this?

Press the 'enter' button on your steering controls and the seatbelt monitor display disappears.

Edited by Kenobi - 04áAprá2014 at 9:23pm
2014 Pearl black Acenta premium 1.5 DCI , Connect and Safety pack. 14/03/2014
jgwatibm View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jgwatibm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04áAprá2014 at 9:26pm
Perfect thanks Kenobi, that works a treat
SplanK View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SplanK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04áAprá2014 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by noki49 noki49 wrote:

The rear seats don't have any sensors to detect if anyone is sat in them.

Are you sure about this? Mine comes up with 3 dots representing the seats, one of them is red because its detected that something is in the seat with no belt. In my case is the baby car seat which uses ISOFIX so the belt remains unused.

Remove the seat and the red dot goes away!
2014 Qashqai 1.2 DIG-T Tekna
2012 Micra 1.2 DIG-S Acenta
noki49 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noki49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05áAprá2014 at 6:47pm
They certainly don't on the earlier models.
It was proved to me by a Nissan engineer when I questioned it.
He removed the rear seat to convince me.
Seemed like a design fault to me, but perhaps they have fixed this on the 2014 model.
SplanK View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SplanK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05áAprá2014 at 7:26pm
oooo, sorry, I made a boo boo!

Re-read the manual and it states that this screen comes up, empty circle for fastened and red circle for unfastened.

Turns out that I forgot that I fastened them all up apart from the one with the car seat.

I just confirmed this with the manual which states the same, it will show the "status" of the rear belts regardless of occupancy!

Will need to try this, but you may get around this warning by ensuring all rear belts are fastened up regardless of occupancy. Its usually advisable to do this anyway as it adds additional rear seat strength if you are carrying heavy items to prevent them coming through with a front collision.
noki49 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noki49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08áAprá2014 at 8:03am
Personally I think the whole idea is flawed.
Having an unnecessary warning when the seats are empty is pointless, and having a warning pop up on the dash when someone in the rear undoes a seat belt is very distracting whilst you're trying to work out what's gone wrong at 70+ mph.
I have considered disabling the seat belt sensor permanently, and may well do it on my next qashqai.
SplanK View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SplanK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08áAprá2014 at 8:16am
Personally, I think its a good thing.

As a driver, you are responsible to ensure all passengers are belted up, and its YOUR licence that will get points and YOUR wallet that will take a the fine if one of your passengers decides that they do not want to wear a seatbelt. Not only that, it could be your life that's being put at risk because of some selfish t*** in the back decided they are above the law and decides to remove it.

Anybody who travels in any of my cars must wear one regardless as to what they think, and to be notified if somebody has undone their belt during a trip can only be a good thing, allowing you to deal with the situation rather than it being an unknown and having the rear passenger flung forward in an impact potentially causing your or other passengers harm. ITs either belt up, or be chucked out of the car.

You will also need to consider your insurance if you make a modification like that, or to any other safety system built into the car. Insurance companies will have taken these safety systems in as part of their "loading" of a policy, modifying them could result in your insurance being invalidated if not declared, or going up if you do declare the modification.
Switlar View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Switlar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08áAprá2014 at 11:02am
I have to agree with splank on this one, clink clunk and all that! Safety is priority especially when you have children
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic