UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Petrol Heads > 1.6i Petrol
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

4 years and 4 months old.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UrbanNomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 4 years and 4 months old.
    Posted: 18áJulá2013 at 10:06pm
Hi all, thought I would  give some input into long term Qashqai ownership. I picked up my Qashqai on 14th March 2009, and have now covered 20,100 miles. In this time my Qashqai did have a couple of recalls, all of which were dealt with quickly and efficiently by Glyn Hopkins Leyton.

All servicing has been carried out by Glyn Hopkins, 2 tyres and  also 2 headlight bulbs being the only additional outlay. Tyres were ú80 each, half the costs of the original Brigestones and so far seem just as good! Reliability has been 100%, starting first time without fail. I'm now scratching my head trying to think of dislikes!  Perhaps thats why Im hardly on here, too busy just enjoying my QQ Embarrassed

In all seriousness, anyone who has ordered a QQ and  questioning whether they've made the right decision or not? From a very satisfied long term owner, my QQ has been ( is ) a joy to step into every day. 

ps I do not work for Nissan! LOL

Peace

Bling-free 2009 QQ Acenta 1.6 called Tyson in Faded Denim, still looking box fresh!
chrisw99 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisw99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18áJulá2013 at 10:44pm
Which spec QQ have you got?
Mart1965 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mart1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18áJulá2013 at 11:27pm
Cheers urban nomad for sharing thatThumbs Up
2012 1.5dci NTEC+ cafe-latte, Blinged up, club sticker, brake-light sticker, Flip-keyfob,Bonnet guard, Blue LEDS
UrbanNomad View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UrbanNomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20áJulá2013 at 3:36pm
I've got the Acenta, at the time I bought it Tekna was the range topper. The replacement tyres are Nexen, never heard of them before, but they're just as quiet as the Bridgestones and ride / handling seem fine.

Peace

Smile

Bling-free 2009 QQ Acenta 1.6 called Tyson in Faded Denim, still looking box fresh!
Fee View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Mary Whitehouse

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20áJulá2013 at 3:42pm
Nice to see you're still around Matey!!!!!

Glad you are happy , 20,100 miles, wow thats low mileage!!

Hope you're well!

Fee x
2.0 Visia 2007, 1.5 Dci Acenta 2008' 1.6 Acenta 2009 and 1.5dci N-Tec 2011....bye bye Qashqai!! hiya Juke 1.5dci NTEC
UrbanNomad View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UrbanNomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20áJulá2013 at 4:14pm
Hi Fee, yes I'm still around and enjoying QQ motoring! Time really does fly, remember the days of looking forward to the QQ launch in 2007? I guess like most forums, people will post when they've got problems or unresolved issues. This obviously can give a false impression and cause concern.

I've not posted for a long time, because I am more than happy with my QQ. I suppose there are many others who are the same. However I thought it would be helpful to post a honest long term review. Okay,  the newer engines etc are better without doubt, but the original appeal is still fresh to me.  

I do roughly 6K / year, still go down to Devon a couple of  times a year, and the 1.6 is adequate but no more than that.

Been keeping well!  Big smile

Stu

x

Fee View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Mary Whitehouse

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20áJulá2013 at 4:55pm
Fab!!

2.0 Visia 2007, 1.5 Dci Acenta 2008' 1.6 Acenta 2009 and 1.5dci N-Tec 2011....bye bye Qashqai!! hiya Juke 1.5dci NTEC
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic