Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Faults and Fixes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

6th gear crunch

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tubewayarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 6th gear crunch
    Posted: 14 Mar 2011 at 9:07pm
Hi guys, i was on the motorway today and decided to use 6th gear (well more like i remembered i had one LOL) went through the gears as normal then into 6th.... not smooth at all, i had to basicaly ram it in with a bit of a crunch...it will go in fine if im just sitting at traffic lights etc but on motorways it takes a little effort to get it into 6th, also nice run to stockport manchester on sunday, i looked at the mpg it got up to 32 mpg ShockedCry surely thats not right at 60 - 70 mph
thanks guys
take care
QQ metallic red acenta premium 1.5 dci...picked up 7/3/14..11:15am
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2011 at 10:17pm
I've had no trouble getting it into 6th but it feels like you need to keep a slight pressure to the right otherwise you could easily put  it back in 4th, never done it but am always concious of not letting the stick go to the left going  from 5 to 6
2nd QQ ..June 2013 Black +2 360.. After moustaches in Movember, all those beards in Decembeard, I'm not looking forward to Fanuary
tubewayarmy View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tubewayarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2011 at 10:20pm
Mabe its just me lol, but it takes a little effort to put it into 6th, but hey...how often do we use it Big smile
behavedaveo View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behavedaveo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2011 at 10:25pm
I use mine every day I have no trouble changing into 6 th
owner of a tekna 2.0dci in nightshade
HarryG View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarryG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2011 at 10:45pm
I use 6th gear regularly and at no time does it crunch or do I find it difficult to select, I would certainly suggest a few runs where 6th gear is used and monitor the results better to get it checked now with little miles on the clock than letting it develop. If it is causing problems let your Nissan dealer know then at least it is logged on their system so any problems later it can be backed up that the problem did exist.
Some people may say with the car being new the gearchange might be tight then everyone with a new QQ would experience this yet they dont so As I said monitor this over a short period and if it doesnt get better contact Nissan and tell them.
As far as mileage goes I am presently getting 33mpg on short trips the longer the journey the better the consumption gets. Did you reset the computer before you trip or did you leave it at the setting it was on before the trip?
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tubewayarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2011 at 2:16pm
cheers guys, no harry i never reset the computer, not sure how yet lol, ill call my dealer and let him know
thanks for your help guys
take care ok
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2011 at 10:01pm
press the i button until the mpg screen comes up (with the number and live mpg bar) and then hold the i button til it resets mate
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2011 at 3:48am
Cheers QQ, hadnt got to that bit in the manual...So if you just leave it going it just does the average then....I want to work out urban and long journeys as I only drive 4.5miles to work every day so thought id do it to compare to Nissans figures.back on cos 2nd job got cancelled..Thumbs Up...will try a reset on me way home in a mo.....I Luuuuurve Gadgets..

Havnt had any trouble with my 6th gear yet Les....
2011 Qashqai 2.0Ntec+2,Gun Met.Chrome Pack,SideBars,Window Trims,Rear Fog Bezals,Boot Handle,Bumper Trim,Skid Plate,Blue Int. LEDs 6.5yrs off happy 7 Seater motoring and still looks the nads..👍
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2011 at 9:33am

Yes, just leave it and it will average over the long period..

Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tubewayarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2011 at 10:00am
Cheers guys, i think ive sussed it lol, sorry not left any comments for a few days, not been to good with the flue and arthritus playing up, thanks craig, ill give that a go next time im out mate.....Hi aff, i never realised you had your car matey, hope your loving it as much as i am....
take care you guys
les
mohawk View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
White Rose.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2011 at 10:06am
Get better soon LesBig smile
2010 QQ+2 Tekna, Magnetic Red, 2L petrol,CVT,4WD. Chrome side bars,sill strips, rear door grip, tailgate strip, front and rear entry guards,front foglight bezels.Proud Owner.SAC Member.
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tubewayarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2011 at 10:18am
Cheers mohawk matey  Big smileThumbs Up

Edited by tubewayarmy - 16 Mar 2011 at 10:19am
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2011 at 10:21am
atleast you have the new car to take your mind off it les
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2011 at 10:26am
Luvin the Car Mate !! wernt to bad on sleep b4 pickup, but comin off nights get up for the Loo, have a peek at the QQ on the drive, try and get back to sleep, think about QQ , Door Bell rings- postman  with Delivery from Chemical guys with all the Shiny Shiny Stuff for the QQ, that I only ordered yesterday on QQs advice!! Have to open Box.....No chance of any more Sleep Now!!!

Get well soon Mate, some soothing Gary Newman may help !!!....Wink

Edited by Affman - 16 Mar 2011 at 10:27am
2011 Qashqai 2.0Ntec+2,Gun Met.Chrome Pack,SideBars,Window Trims,Rear Fog Bezals,Boot Handle,Bumper Trim,Skid Plate,Blue Int. LEDs 6.5yrs off happy 7 Seater motoring and still looks the nads..👍
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tubewayarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2011 at 10:37am
Lmao yes craig, looking at the QQ is better med than any doctor can give Big smile.........i know what you mean aff...i couldn,t sleep the night before i picked her up....and never slept the night i got her incase some little sh*te walked passed and scratched her ShockedAngry...........thanks for the get well wishes mate.....
one other thing, that white bar that goes up n down..how does it work, is it the the further the bar goes to the right the more mpg your getting or the more it stays to the left the better the mpg Confused
thanks guys
take care

Edited by tubewayarmy - 16 Mar 2011 at 10:38am
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2011 at 10:43am
the more white (further to the right) the better your mpg.

mine likes to stay quite far to the left thanks to my heavy foot

glad to know your stuff arrived aff.. gonna wash the QQ then?
im on my way out ill take the stuff im sending you with me and get it posted.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic