Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Bright Ideas
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Adding extra light in the boot

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote humming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Adding extra light in the boot
    Posted: 06áAprá2016 at 11:01am
Having gotten fed up with not being able to see properly when messing around in the boot, I have decide to update my boot lighting with an extra light using the comments from previous threads.

I have now received the (new) lamp assembly, but it does not have a connector supplied with it. So how do you actually connect the wires to the silly little pins in the new lamp assembly?

Can you buy the connector separately, if so where from?

I'm trying to avoid a trip to the scrapyard as it is a pain in the backside to get to one.
2012 1.6dci Tekna in Mineral Grey
cantfindausername View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cantfindausername Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07áAprá2016 at 8:27am
Can you post a pic of the light assembly you have? Not sure if the +2 has a different light in the boot.
1.6dCi +2 Tekna IS 4WD | Styling Plate | Rear Wing | 360 Cameras | Mud Flaps | Stubby Aerial | Alyans XT2 Side Steps | Westfalia Towbar | LED Interior | Dual Boot Light | DRLs | Full Closure
humming View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote humming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07áAprá2016 at 8:58am
The +2 boot light is different to the 'normal' J10. There was a thread for the boot light update on a 'normal' J10 in the topic "interior boot light", with photos.

I apologise for not doing a link to the topic, but I don't know how to do that.
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cantfindausername Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07áAprá2016 at 9:19am
http://forum.qashqaiclub.co.uk/interior-boot-light_topic13195.html - just copy the URL is the easiest way.

Does it not just have spade connectors on the back? I can't see any info on the light or a picture of it on that thread. Can you post a pic of the back of the light you have?
1.6dCi +2 Tekna IS 4WD | Styling Plate | Rear Wing | 360 Cameras | Mud Flaps | Stubby Aerial | Alyans XT2 Side Steps | Westfalia Towbar | LED Interior | Dual Boot Light | DRLs | Full Closure
humming View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote humming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07áAprá2016 at 9:33am
I can't put a photo up at the moment as the light is at home and I'm not going to be home again until next week.

Unfortunately, the pins are just that. There are 2 very small diameter round pins, if they were spade connectors it would be a sensible, and easy solution.
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cantfindausername Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07áAprá2016 at 11:16am
I know you can get some very small connectors so it might just be a case of sourcing some of those, failing that though its likely a trip to the scrappy or eBay.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic