UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Reception > Your first question?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Advice Please

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Black Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Advice Please
    Posted: 06áJaná2019 at 6:07pm
Hi Guys,
First time here, on the forum and out for some advice..
Was driving home in my Qashqai Tekna Dci 1.5 today, and the warning light for the Engine Control System Malfunction, has come on and stayed Red. I continued home for a further 8 miles..Read that its either now a trip down to a garage or has anyone else called out the RAC breakdown (which I'm a member), and got them to do a diagnostic?..What with cars mostly with computer diagnostics, I'm not wanting to get the tool kit out (just yet!), so any pointers or advice is most welcomed.
Regards,Chris
grahamfromoldham View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grahamfromoldham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06áJaná2019 at 11:44pm
I was about to post a similar question as this happened to me while driving over Christmas using cruise control. The red warning light came on and it disconnected the cruise control so I took over the acceleration manually. While pondering what to do the red light went out after about 4 minutes and hasn't come on since. Cruise control started to work as normal too. I am telephoning the dealers tomorrow to shine some light on it but seeing as you asked the question I wondered too if anyone has a suggestion.
Mr Black View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Black Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07áJaná2019 at 10:17am
Hi Graham,
Advice is to call out your breakdown service FIRST. I have just used RAC.. excellent chap hooked up the diagnostic computer and has read that the fuel line created the problem. He said it could have been a number of small problems like the fuel had a tiny particle (etc), he reset the Qashqai and so the warning light has now been cleared. The cruise control is the first safety feature that kicks in, and you automatically then get the red warning light.. I'm so pleased I didn't go straight down to the dealer, as I'd have been billed for the initial problem.. instead, a cup of tea and one sugar was my total bill!!!!
Regards Chris
GelJ View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GelJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07áJaná2019 at 10:22am
You have 3 years "free" RAC cover when you buy a new Nissan, and then it rolls over annually as long as car is serviced at a Nissan dealer. You never get any paperwork on it, but giving the Nissan 0800 rescue number a call, they'll just want your Reg No. Cover also applies when in Europe.
J11 1.5dci QQ Tenka :decent horns, bonnet struts/ chrome bling added.
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grahamfromoldham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07áJaná2019 at 3:28pm
Thanks for your replies. I called the dealer in Crewe this morning and as the light came on briefly and went out (two weeks ago or so) they said for me to keep an eye on it as it may not have logged the fault. They also suggested as my 16 plate QQ is out of warranty at the end of March then to book it in if they would like me to have it checked over mid-February (sounds like they are contradicting themselves tbh). I wait to see if it comes back on again and in fair I am inclined to agree with them.
drewie40 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drewie40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15áJaná2019 at 7:47am
You can buy an obd2 reader for about ú20 plug it in and use the Internet to tell you the codes, wife has a corsa with an auto box bloody thing came in very useful as the box was knackered and replaced under warrenty
Reader can also reset the engine light
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grahamfromoldham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15áJaná2019 at 9:32am
Thanks Andy, might just do that so cheers
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic