Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Qashqai Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

air con cleaning after 12 months

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote negativepitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: air con cleaning after 12 months
    Posted: 02 Jun 2015 at 4:43pm
I have been using the air con since we have had the car, just over 12 months old now.
The fishy smell has started when the air con is switched on.
Nissan are asking £29 I think they said.
Does anyone know if they just bomb it, or replace any filters as well.
Also the other thing, has anyone had this after owning for such a short time, even though the air con has been used through the winter (at periods) to keep it going...so I thought. 
2014 Premium 1.2 DIG-T Gun Metallic
Not Parked on my Drive Again
QashRich View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QashRich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2015 at 6:18pm
Is your water drain blocked? When your ac is running you should see water dripping out underneath as it takes out moisture from the air.
If it smells bad something may be stuck behind the dash and harbouring bacteria.
Just spraying a cleaner in may help for a short while but you need to find the cause.
2015 Qashqai 1.6 dig-t Tekna in gun metallic
darylaas View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darylaas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2015 at 10:59pm
29 pound isn't bad if it's including a regas and topup etc.. I have my own business and we do car air conditioning and I charge 45 for a full Aircon service.. And the anti bacterial treatment is £15 so nissan must have a good offer on or there charging 29 to get rid of the smell
negativepitch View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote negativepitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2015 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by negativepitch negativepitch wrote:

I have been using the air con since we have had the car, just over 12 months old now.
The fishy smell has started when the air con is switched on.
Nissan are asking £29 I think they said.
Does anyone know if they just bomb it, or replace any filters as well.
Also the other thing, has anyone had this after owning for such a short time, even though the air con has been used through the winter (at periods) to keep it going...so I thought. 

Thanks for that.
water does drip ok, they have had the dash out for rattles, so what might they have trapped. just so I can mention it to them.
negativepitch View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote negativepitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2015 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by darylaas darylaas wrote:

29 pound isn't bad if it's including a regas and topup etc.. I have my own business and we do car air conditioning and I charge 45 for a full Aircon service.. And the anti bacterial treatment is £15 so nissan must have a good offer on or there charging 29 to get rid of the smell

When I asked the service front desk they said that they think it is just a bomb.
gadget View Drop Down
Drop in and Say Hello Moderator
Drop in and Say Hello Moderator
Inspector

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gadget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2015 at 11:17am
Just booked my car in for a service and asked them to do the Aircon service at the same time...
Its never been done since we've had it, and its now 8 years old and blowing out tepid air!!
They want £49!!
No discount for getting it done whilst they have it - disappointing! And it doesn't include the Antibacterial clean either - tight gits!
2007 Acenta 1.5dci in Black with Panoramic Sunroof. Connect System. Boot & Door Sill Plates. Removable Towbar.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic