UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Faults and Fixes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Air Con Condenser

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Air Con Condenser
    Posted: 29áJuná2011 at 3:31am
QQ went into Nissan the other day for a new alternator belt and when I went to pick it up they told me the air con condenser unit had collapsed and required a new one at a cost of ú750 !! Shocked
...And the warranty won't cover it!

However, it has been (and still appears to be) working perfectly fine so far.

The woman on the desk suggested that it may just decrease in efficiency over time. She also advised keeping an eye out for a second hand one....I have a feeling this could be a false economy in the long run though...?

Had a scout about online and found a couple of websites selling condensers for in the region of ú150, although I doubt they'll be genuine Nissan parts...

http://www.onlineautomotive.co.uk/Products.aspx?CategoryID=1435
http://www.discount-cooling.co.uk/Condensers_D81659.html

I'm in no rush to replace it while it's still working, but if it does eventually need it I'd be tempted to try one of the websites above and get it fitted locally (I've got a copy of the workshop manual for the car but replacing it myself looks a bit beyond me! LOL )

Just wondered if anybody else has had a similar issue with the condenser ?
HarryN-TEC View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarryN-TEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29áJuná2011 at 3:16pm
Not heard of anyone stating that recently,  might try the search function may find something in there, if no success at 1st try varying the words you put in...asks for posts then threads. Also ask for the last year instead of days weeks ect.

Edited by HarryN-TEC - 29áJuná2011 at 3:17pm
Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29áJuná2011 at 4:25pm
not heard of this fault before ??
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
ross View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29áJuná2011 at 8:44pm
Same here Craig...then again it's the first car I've had with a/c.

Just noticed today it's starting to get a funny smell for a bit when you initially turn it on...perhaps it is on it's way out after all.
hamish View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
IMAM MUSTAFA GRAF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29áJuná2011 at 8:52pm
Ross...si it not worth taking it somewhere - Kwik Fit for example and see if they can re-charge it. If it ahd collapsed as they say...and you see it still working, then it can't ahve collapsed.

If it smells...that is a sign it needs recharging.

Worth a try and could be cheaper...

Edited by hamish - 29áJuná2011 at 8:52pm
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29áJuná2011 at 9:01pm
i think a recharge is about ú40/ú50 quid ???
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
mohawk View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
White Rose.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29áJuná2011 at 9:14pm
I think before they recharge it they would do a pressure test on it so if has failed/leaking then you would nowErmm
2010 QQ+2 Tekna, Magnetic Red, 2L petrol,CVT,4WD. Chrome side bars,sill strips, rear door grip, tailgate strip, front and rear entry guards,front foglight bezels.Proud Owner.SAC Member.
hamish View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
IMAM MUSTAFA GRAF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29áJuná2011 at 9:16pm
Yeah...that's what I was thinking.....
ross View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29áJuná2011 at 9:19pm
Thanks for the help guys. I may just do that Thumbs Up
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29áJuná2011 at 9:21pm
good first step then i think
HarryN-TEC View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarryN-TEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29áJuná2011 at 9:23pm
Go to nissan cost you an arm and a leg..kwik fit better option   Thumbs Up
2Fat2Bald View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2Fat2Bald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29áJuná2011 at 9:57pm

I hope you don't mind me asking - but the car is an 07 reg (so it is outside of Warranty) - so when you say "The Warranty won't cover it" - do you have an aftermarket warranty?

Sounds like they may have one-or-two "exclusions" on the policy (ie, practically anything actually likely to break isn't covered).
ross View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30áJuná2011 at 12:31am
Yeah it's an Evans Halshaw 2 year extended warranty, and as you say the list of exclusions is as long as your arm!
That said, I've had 2 claims accepted so far in 3 months and I haven't paid anything for the warranty as the previous owner took the policy out Big smile

Annoyingly 'Air Con Condenser' is specifically stated on the exclusions list though Unhappy
terry64 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terry64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28áJuná2018 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by ross ross wrote:

Yeah it's an Evans Halshaw 2 year extended warranty, and as you say the list of exclusions is as long as your arm!
That said, I've had 2 claims accepted so far in 3 months and I haven't paid anything for the warranty as the previous owner took the policy out Big smile

Annoyingly 'Air Con Condenser' is specifically stated on the exclusions list though Unhappy

Evans Halshaw
I would not believe a word they tell you, had a couple of cars from them in the past and they have told me so much bull.
They even serviced my car and did not stamp my book, when I pointed this out a couple of weeks later they tried to make out that I had 2 books and they did stamp the book that was in my glove box.
I had to stand an argue to get my service stamp, ( Was this a ploy so when I traded it in with them they could say the service history was not full ) Even though it was on there system.

Paid to have a car moved closer to me, they sold the car and then made me wait 8 weeks to get my ú200 back.
They are lovely people when your giving them money but boy when you need help forget it
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic