Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Owners questions?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Air Con

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kermit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Air Con
    Posted: 20 Mar 2013 at 10:59am
Hi.

Last Year May, I swapped a 57 1.9 Accenta for a 12 1.9 N-Tec+ Petrol Cvt.

Since having the new car I have found the aic seems warmer than the previous car. I have it on 18 Max ALL year -6 outside inclusive.

I have been back 3 times up until now, they say it's working OK.

Anyone have similar problems or any ideas would be helpful.

Kermit
2.0 l Cvt Petrol N-tec+ 16" Wheels, Silver Blade
gadget View Drop Down
Drop in and Say Hello Moderator
Inspector

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gadget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2013 at 12:23pm
18 is pretty warm anyway Kermit...
I have found that setting a temperature and putting it in Auto mode seems to really kick out the heat.

I used to change mine to a temperature and manually control the speed and flow and then found it wasn't enough.
I now use the Auto again and just adjust the temp... 16.5 or 17 is comfortable enough for me!
2007 Acenta 1.5dci in Black with Panoramic Sunroof. Connect System. Boot & Door Sill Plates. Removable Towbar.
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2013 at 11:19pm
my central heating is only ever on 18-20 in winter. Having the car on 18 is having the heating high(ish) isnt it?Ermm
2nd QQ ..June 2013 Black +2 360.. After moustaches in Movember, all those beards in Decembeard, I'm not looking forward to Fanuary
Marc morrow View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marc morrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2013 at 9:02am
I have recently bought a Qashqai and have noticed that the air coming out is not really all that warm. I have it set to 30 pretty much all of the time though the air coming out of the vents isn't exactly what you would call hot. I am also not what you would call a cold person so its not a case that I need more heat.

Anyone else experienced this?
2007 Qashqai Acenta, 1.5Dci, Panoramic Sunroof
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2013 at 9:23am
I actually find the opposite. Unless it's really cold I generally have mine on 16 which is only one above LO.

Mind you Mother Nature (and the cake shop) have ensured I am naturally well insulated

Edited by G5 BOY - 21 Mar 2013 at 9:23am
QQ5 (YES 5...!!) 2017 Vivid Blue DIG-T 115 X-Tronic Tekna+
RayBanJockey View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayBanJockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2013 at 10:02am
The thermostat isn't very accurate, I find I have to up the degrees if it's cold outside, which makes it not very "Auto" at all. And in summer the thermostat has no idea how much the sun is blasting you so you still have to do it manually. If I ever get the chance to not order auto climate on a car in the future, I won't - but it's usually already there in medium to high trim levels.

---------------

2011 Nightshade 2WD M/T 2.0 petrol 2012 - White - Tekna - 2.0 - CVT - 4WD
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2013 at 10:11am
It has always made me wonder why you have to turn up the temp when it gets colder outside, despite it being an 'Dual Zone Auto Climate Control' system. Confused

Isn't that like the olden days in my Ford Anglia when in the depth of winter I had to chuck another lump of coal in the heater? LOL

Gshep69 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gshep69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2013 at 10:59am
I've always wondered that too and can't understand why the outside temperature has an impact on where I set the climate control. In summer, I might have it at 17, but why do I need to set it at 20 in winter ? Surely if I am happy at 17 in summer then I should also be happy with this in winter, no matter what the weather outside is doing ?

Appreciate the weather can effect how long it takes for the interior to reach desired temperature, but surely 17 is 17 no matter what it is outside ?

Maybe its all just psychological, that we think we need a higher setting in winter....?
2013 Qashqai+2, 1.6Dci, Tekna, Nightshade, Graphite Leather interior
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2013 at 11:27am
No - we can actually feel the inside of the car get colder if we drive somewhere where the outside temp drops. Confused

Just another one of Life's mysteries I guess - like 'why are we all here?'...................... because we are not all there. Tongue

Gshep69 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gshep69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2013 at 11:46am
True, but surely the point of climate control is to maintain a constant interior temp regardless if outside conditions ? If it gets colder outside then it might have to increase the temperature of the air it is blowing out, but end result should be that the inside of the car is always 17, no matter whether it is 3 or 30 outside ?
Canofbeenz View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canofbeenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2013 at 12:37pm
It's only like the termastat for your central heating, the colder it gets outside the higher you turn it up
QQ+2 Storm White 1.6dci. My 3rd QQ
Gshep69 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gshep69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2013 at 1:25pm
Maybe its just me, but I still don't get it ! If my house thermostat is set at 20 then that's what the temp should be. If it gets colder outside and the air in the house cools down then the boiler might have to work harder, but it should still keep the house at 20, so why should I have to turn up the thermostat if it gets colder outside ?

If my car had manual air con I could understand it, but climate control should automatically adjust the output to maintain a constant temp inside the car, no matter what it is outside ?

Anyway, probably not worth worrying about as I am confusing myself now !
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2013 at 2:05pm
You're not confusing me - I agree with you.

Kermit View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kermit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2013 at 3:29pm
Reading all your messages, it seems that I was lucky with the first qq.

I had a peugot 306 before that, the climate control worked fine on that.

Has the QQ become too complicated ??

2.0 l Cvt Petrol N-tec+ 16" Wheels, Silver Blade
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2013 at 4:31pm
I find it fine (with showers later)Big smile
2nd QQ ..June 2013 Black +2 360.. After moustaches in Movember, all those beards in Decembeard, I'm not looking forward to Fanuary
gadget View Drop Down
Inspector

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gadget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2013 at 6:48pm
LOL

Yep - 20 is 20 inside even if its 1 outside....
2007 Acenta 1.5dci in Black with Panoramic Sunroof. Connect System. Boot & Door Sill Plates. Removable Towbar.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic