UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Faults and Fixes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

air conditioning

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miqq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: air conditioning
    Posted: 17 May 2018 at 5:03pm
i have a 1.2 Tekna. Has anyone had damage to the condenser from road debris? 
Mine had been perforated and had lost its pressure. Total cost was £470 to replace ( not from a Nissan dealer).
 I think there could be more protection as the condenser is the first thing to be damaged when stones or whatever hits it.
 I am thinking of putting some wire mesh in front of it. I don't do high miles per year.
 It seems a no brainer to put a simple inexpensive guard in front of a very vulnerable soft alloy condenser.
Thrall View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thrall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 1:13am
Another forum mentioned "Universal black plastic honeycomb" which is available on ebay. I now feel much safer, though on the J10 it is the intercooler on a diesel which is unprotected. Cut to size and slid down right in front of the condenser/intercooler and secured with black cable ties. Looks original.
..QQ.. View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ..QQ.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 9:16am
I had to get the cvt transmission cooler replaced for same reason. It is also placed in front of radiator . So this simple fix is worth it.....just wish I did it

Edited by ..QQ.. - 18 May 2018 at 9:17am
2012 QQ+2 flame red N-tec+ 2.0 petrol, CVT, 4wd mudflaps,auto mirror kit
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic