UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Reception > Your first question?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Airbag light and pollen filter

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote echase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Airbag light and pollen filter
    Posted: 23 May 2018 at 4:42pm

After disconnecting the passenger airbag switch on a 2004 1.5 diesel I get the airbag light on all the time the ignition is on. All the instructions I can find for reset appear to refer to earlier models and talk of a flashing light with multiple on/offs of electrics to reset it. Mine does not flash so what is the reset procedure please?

Reason for the disconnect was to get to the pollen filter. Which way around does this filter go as all the YouTube videos are for earlier models and show the filter in landscape mode with longer rigid edge horizontal. But I tried that and it just rattles around in the hole and is not covering the heat exchanger fully. When put in portrait mode it appears to be fit well. But worried because the rigid edge is then not against the access hatch and logically it should be as that edge is what you normally grab to remove it.

|Thanks

echase View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote echase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 9:28am
Originally posted by echase echase wrote:

Which way around does this filter go as all the YouTube videos are for earlier models and show the filter in landscape mode with longer rigid edge horizontal. 

Sorry, that should have said shorter rigid edge vertical.

echase View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote echase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 12:30pm
The light is still on. I have a OBD2 adapter that connects via Bluetooth to a diagnostic app on a phone. It works with my Leaf using Leafspy software so is there equivalent software/app for a Qashqai? Google’s Playstore lists several generic ones covering a range of cars so does anyone recommend one for the Quasqai?  Using that it should be possible to clear the airbag light.
chrisw99 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisw99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 1:38pm
Torque lite is a great app for Android, use it on my QQ no problems.

QQ3: 2014 1.2 dig-T ntec+ gunmetal grey
QQ2: 2013 CVT 360 silver
QQ1: 2009 1.5dci n-tec fired iron
echase View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote echase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2018 at 3:40pm
Failed the MOT today due to this light. 

Finally found my ODBC adapter and after some effort got it talking to Android phone using Torque Lite. It found one code to do with gloplugs which cleared fine but no airbag codes listed. Google tells me I need a much more sophisticated scanner to clear airbag codes.

Any other software suggestions please urgently?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic