Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Faults and Fixes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Airbag light solid, not flashing...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote biblicon5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Airbag light solid, not flashing...
    Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 5:33pm
Hi, I have seen plenty of posts with regards to airbag lights flashing, but I have a different issue. When I start my engine, my airbag light stays on. It is not flashing, therefore I cannot use the ignition on / off trick to reset the error light.

Is the airbag light supposed to be solid and on whilst driving, and if not how do I remove / reset it from the dash?

The light appeared when I disconnected the passengers airbag plug to get to the air actuators and therefore the above error has occured.

My car is a Nissan Qashqai Ntec+ 65 plate.
zh875 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote zh875 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2020 at 1:49pm
I would start by reseating all the connections you disturbed.  The airbag is inoperative and will nt work in an accident if the light is permanently on.  On some cars, (Peugot/Citroen) the airbag light comes on and a quick reseating of the underseat cables resolves the issue.  Also may be worth checking the airbag 10 A fuse in the dashboard fusebox

biblicon5 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote biblicon5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2020 at 8:51am
I have reseated all the cables. Started the car with them unplugged and then plugged in, and the light is still on. I find it ridiculous that all I was doing was looking at the air mixer actuators and had to unplug one cable (the air bag) and now I have the light on. Think I will need to go to a main dealer to resolve. Could just be as simple as logging on to the CPU and resetting the light?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic