Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > J11 Qashqai 2014 - > J11 Hints, Tips and How To...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Airbags

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnchi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Airbags
    Posted: 17 Apr 2020 at 2:45pm
Hi. I hope everyone is staying safe! I have just had an accident aquaplaning on the motorway doing 70mph. I hit the left barrier twice and the central reservation twice. The car is smashed to pieces and did a pretty good job of keeping me safe but not one airbag activated.! I have front, side and rear damage all caused at speed and I just wanted to find out why?  I know that maybe if the drivers steering wheel one went off I may have had more injuries. I just wanted some opinions please?? 
Udo2009 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Udo2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2020 at 4:09pm
You probably didn't hit the obstacles dead head-on, so the G-forces weren't strong enough to trigger the airbags...
Qashqai Acenta, 2,0 dCi, 110 kW, DPF, Euro5, black Z11G
Johnchi View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnchi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2020 at 5:33pm
Yes that's what i was told by the police but if you saw the car.. The seat belt pretensioner worked well though and assist from a few aches in my back i am OK. The car itself was superb. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic