Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Faults and Fixes
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Aircon and vents blowing different temperatures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Aircon and vents blowing different temperatures

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote biblicon5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aircon and vents blowing different temperatures
    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 at 5:57pm
Could someone help please....

I have a Qashqai 65 plate diesel.
My issue is: when I put the air con on, with both driver side and passenger side on lo, only the passenger side blows cold conditioned air, and the drivers side blows ambient temperature.

I have checked all actuators (4 of them in total I believe - 2 under glove compartment and 2 under drivers side, please correct me if I am wrong or there are more) and they all seem to be functioning perfectly fine.

I have put the dial to 'hi', and tried one side cold and one side hot as it is dual climate control.

Could anyone shed some light as to why the passenger side is the only side blowing cool conditioned air? I have had actuator type A off on passenger side and manually moved the vent with an alan key. When I move the vent manually, the drivers side goes cold and the passenger side goes warm? Utterly confused.

I need both vents on both sides of the car to blow cool conditioned air....

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Cl1ff View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cl1ff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2020 at 3:33pm
I'm having the same problem! Had the car regassed 3 weeks ago and seemed fine for a week or so but now i'm getting the same problem! I have done diagnostice whice showed Sunlod sensor fault but that could have been due the lack of sun!
biblicon5 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote biblicon5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2020 at 4:03pm
I never got the issue resolved, I sold the car before i bothered to spend any further money on it.

There are a couple of things to consider (things that were suggested to me).

1) The temp sensor on the drivers side actuator is likely to be faulty, therefore the flap that leads to the aircon doesnt open?

2) The Aircon gas has been over pressurised (something I read somewhere where it has too much gas in it and was causing issues). I believe it requires a certain amount of gas and too much will cause it to have problems, therefore I suggest you take it back to where you got it gassed and ask them to regas (and check how much they extract). 500g rings a bell.

https://www.meganeownersclub.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17421
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic